Something me and McCain agree on

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
I believe every American should serve.
And none of this bone spurs crap.

rdean. McCain's hypocrisy knows no bounds. To smear Trump and not hit out at his buddy Biden for the same number of deferments shows what a scumbucket McCain is.

• Banned
rdean. McCain's hypocrisy knows no bounds. To smear Trump and not hit out at his buddy Biden for the same number of deferments shows what a scumbucket McCain is.
Biden is not president and his son served.

When your son served but you didn't because of an actual medical condition, Asthma, It proves you passed on good values.

Trump's a scumbag and his children are scumbags. And anyone who defends such odious people knowing they are scumbags are worse than scumbags.

5058-1501502620-5efad04ebdad6eed66fa90085c0e990c.jpg

7c8558601cad74217a09e0dd7a2d8279.jpg

• Banned
Ever had a bone spur?
Never, and I suspect if I did, I wouldn't walk miles playing golf.

When I was in the 8th infantry division, we had to run three miles every morning and 5 on Friday carrying weapons and gear as part of our training. Every week we did that. And we never wore tennis shoes or sneakers but combat boots. Of course, that wasn't all we did. But we did that every morning before mess. It was only part of our training. Course, this was in the 70's. Don't know what they do today.

One guy had a profile because he said he had problems with his feet. Yet every single night, he played basketball. Finally, someone got so upset, they turned him in. He was told he either runs or he can't play any sports. So after about two weeks, he started running. But he was still seen as a liar. All his buddies were pulling their fair share and he was getting over for months. A lot of trust lost.

Let's see. I was a sleep walker, had flat feet (callapsed arches) and a few other things that wouldn't allow me to be in the Army or Marines or even the Navy. He could have joined the AF like I did. During Basic, I developed Shin Splints. The only thing I was allowed to do was to sit down between tasks. I still did my daily mile, marched around like an idiot. The Sleep Walking went away, the shin splints went away, doing excerises that brought tears to my eyes raised the arches, the skin cleared up. I could have gone for a medical but didn't. Had I known before my enlistment that I was ineligible for the Amy or Marines and Navy, I might have considered going for the 3F rating. But I didn't. You see, the jobs that were available were crap where I came from. I would have to be able to afford to move to another job market and I couldn't afford that. I also would have to move and reestablish somewhere else to go into the AF Guards and I couldn't afford to do that as well. Economics dictated things right then. Even if I had the em famous "Spur" I would still have been forced into the military.

The moral of this story is........ The rich have options open that the poor don't have in regular life. They have options for the Military that the poor won't have.

When your son served but you didn't because of an actual medical condition, Asthma, It proves you passed on good values.

Trump's a scumbag and his children are scumbags. And anyone who defends such odious people knowing they are scumbags are worse than scumbags.

Biden's deferment was for childhood asthma and was granted when he was 26 years old.

• Banned
I believe every American should serve.
And none of this bone spurs crap.
I lived in a battery with over 50 other guys. White black Asian Hispanic and others.
I think everyone in the US should serve.
Besides, when white wingers have to live with blacks they tend to become friends.
If they really loved America they would want to serve.

• Banned

Biden's deferment was for childhood asthma and was granted when he was 26 years old.
And yet Biden managed to pass on love of country to his children.

I lived in a battery with over 50 other guys.
I'm calling BS that you were ever in the Military, let alone the Infantry. (fyi a battery is not a hut or living quarters)

Everyone who served in the Army/Marines knows that 50 Infantry guys together in a unit is called a Platoon.

And a "Battery" is a larger company sized Artillery organization. .... :cool:

Forum List

Back