something is wrong with jake

009-2.jpg

thanks.....jakkers was not the type of dog who would want to bump around blind or drag his legs....he was a good dog and deserved to be treated as such....in life and death.....he had a good run.....
i think we are all still in shock...it just happened so fast...it went from....yea ill take jakkers to the vet.....to met me at the vet....something is really wrong....

apparently he was throwing blood clots...my vet was hopeful till she saw his eyes....you could see her shoulders slump....

jake knew it was time....i did what i feel like jake would want.....dogs live in the moment...jake was caught in a horrible moment.....i got him out of there....

Sorry for your loss bones.

i never realized how much noise jake made...thumping his tail on the floor or the wall...he would false bark when he was outside...that would make the other dogs rush the door and then he would come in and pick out the bed he wanted...jake was the only dog that was fed outside...we got him when he was an adult....he had been tossed out in a pen and ignored...he would never eat inside....he was a wildchild....about a year ago ....he took to getting under the kitchen table when told to go outside....
neither my husband or i would reach under there and pull him out.....why force him to bite us?

i have lost a major part of the pack......i would always joke that people would be caution around the doberman but it would be jake that nailed them....that was the wildchild in him...he had a killer attitude.....he would be pack leader and he was willing to die for that....jakkers was officially the husband's dog....but when all know all my animals are mine...i take care of them.....even yesterday it was me who carried jake....i knew he couldnt make the steps...so i carried him to the car and from the car into the vets.....i didnt like how hubby was gonna do it....i am way too fucking old to be carrying a 75 lb dog anywhere....

when you get a puppy or a kitten you know the chances of making this kinda decision are good...

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

jakkers was buried high up in the pasture so he could watch over us......he was buried with oreos

who doesnt like an oreo?

i never realized how much noise jake made...thumping his tail on the floor or the wall...he would false bark when he was outside...that would make the other dogs rush the door and then he would come in and pick out the bed he wanted...jake was the only dog that was fed outside...we got him when he was an adult....he had been tossed out in a pen and ignored...he would never eat inside....he was a wildchild....about a year ago ....he took to getting under the kitchen table when told to go outside....
neither my husband or i would reach under there and pull him out.....why force him to bite us?

i have lost a major part of the pack......i would always joke that people would be caution around the doberman but it would be jake that nailed them....that was the wildchild in him...he had a killer attitude.....he would be pack leader and he was willing to die for that....jakkers was officially the husband's dog....but when all know all my animals are mine...i take care of them.....even yesterday it was me who carried jake....i knew he couldnt make the steps...so i carried him to the car and from the car into the vets.....i didnt like how hubby was gonna do it....i am way too fucking old to be carrying a 75 lb dog anywhere....

when you get a puppy or a kitten you know the chances of making this kinda decision are good...

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0404.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

jakkers was buried high up in the pasture so he could watch over us......he was buried with oreos

who doesnt like an oreo?

Precious looking pictures of a friend who also loved you very much. He had a good life and I am so sorry for the loss you are feeling, strollingbones.

its been nearly a month......i still miss him.....i miss his noise so much....i wonder when a new puppy or dog will find us? i feel like we got a lot of dog love going to waste hubby is trying to let the pet population go down a wee bit....

its been nearly a month......i still miss him.....i miss his noise so much....i wonder when a new puppy or dog will find us? i feel like we got a lot of dog love going to waste hubby is trying to let the pet population go down a wee bit....

It's time bones. A puppy will never erase your memories of Jake. But a pup will renew your happiness.

My son and his wife are dealing with the terminal cancer diagnosis of their old hound, Dodge. The doc gave him 2 weeks-2 months. My dil is devastated but trying to put on a brave face for her buddy...they've had him for their entire married life, around 7 years, and she had him before they were married.

I just saw this and just wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss. I just went through this about 3 months ago and a month after that our second dog was diagnosed with cancer. The first one also had cancer.

It is such a hard thing for any pet owner to go through.

Hugs to all who have experienced this.

Oh SB. I am so sorry to see that you lost Jake. There are no words to console you. One cannot be comforted.

But when you can get past this point, please know how many of us care about you,

The past few years for me have been horrid. I've lost Jim Dandy, Pyewacket, Nitro, Dusty and Bad Ass, then Ruby Starr and my rescue C82 barn kitty that I stole.

My husband was permanently digging. And I just keep crying and shaking my fist at the sky.

It's the emptiness. I think you will know what I mean. When I sit at computer, it's the empty chair beside me that doesn't thunk when she jumps into it.

It's not having pyewacket be like Mr. Magoo all over the place. (he made it to 21 our years old orange and white).

Strange isn't it when all of a sudden the sounds aren't there anymore?

I hope you will find solace at least in knowing that so many of us know the pain and that we care about you.

We lost our Dominique the week before we moved south. I'd already picked a place in the country I thought she would love, complete with a manmade lake she could swim in, as she loved swimming so.

So I had her cremated and put her ashes in the window overlooking the pretty lake we got just for her pleasure. Nothing would have been more fun than to have her retire with us. It was not to be.

Some day, I'll just go scatter her dear ashes closer to the pond. Oh, how she loved the water. 13 just seems to young to go, but every day with her was a gift, and she didn't want to go, we didn't want her to, but she had to.

Sending thoughts of caring your way, strollingbones. Losing a dear friend is hard. :huddle:

It never gets any easier though, does it.

My own loss of Skip is still so fresh in my heart but, like you say, it just goes on and on. A few weeks ago, I found myself looking for a dog I had lost more than 20 years ago. It was just for a moment, but the feeling of loss was still right there.

Loved the photos of Jake. He looks like my kinda dog.

My animals have always been rescues. I'd bet Jake will be sending you another life to say.

Sucks man... my heart goes out to you. I had to put down my Golden Retriever Christy a while back due to hip dysplasia and cancer.

I fucking cried.. she was my bud.

Hang in dude.

Forum List

Back