Something in baseball not accomplished in 106 years

It is a bases loaded no outs situation. The batter hits a ground ball to third. The third baseman tags his base to force the runner coming from second out. He then tags the third base runner. Finally he throws to second for the force out of the first base runner. No tag out necessary for the man on first since he is out already. Even the announcer couldn't get it right.

I bet it has happened many times in the "Little Leagues" over the last 106 years.

LOL...trust me. Not the Little League teams I coached or others my sons played on.

Our boys did it twice over the years. Of course, they were well coached and played together since they were six years old, and pretty lucky at the same time.

I watched those boys win over a hundred tournaments, the State title every year, a couple Regional wins and a World series win. Some of em are all Americans. One went to the show. All are responsible, productive, adult citizens now.

I don't even like to watch pro baseball. I love youth baseball though.

Last edited:
Little league: a soft liner to short stop who tags the runner off second and flips to first base to get that runner who did not get back to first

LOL...trust me. Not the Little League teams I coached or others my sons played on.

Our boys did it twice over the years. Of course, they were well coached and played together since they were six years old, and pretty lucky at the same time.

I watched those boys win over a hundred tournaments, the State title every year, a couple Regional wins and a World series win. Some of em are all Americans. One went to the show. All are responsible, productive, adult citizens now.

I don't even like to watch pro baseball. I love youth baseball though.

You in Toms River?

It is a bases loaded no outs situation. The batter hits a ground ball to third. The third baseman tags his base to force the runner coming from second out. He then tags the third base runner. Finally he throws to second for the force out of the first base runner. No tag out necessary for the man on first since he is out already. Even the announcer couldn't get it right.

Thanks for sharing, it was fun was watch. If I were the Rangers' pitcher I'd be thanking my lucky stars for so nicely getting me out of that mess.

Forum List

Back