Something I Love About America...

catzmeow

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2008
Gunshine State
We are at our best when things are at their worst...

First came the spiritual and philosophical questions -- the ones residents of this community of nearly 1,500 faced immediately after the 210 mph winds of a massive April tornado nearly wiped them off the map...they mourned their 18 neighbors who died...

About 150 people left town....Hackleburg's two schools are gone. So is its only grocery store. Its only pharmacy. Only doctor's office. And major employer.

Once named the best hometown in America, Hackleburg now is littered with building foundations; about 500 homes were damaged or destroyed.

Its real foundation, however, is its people. Despite these trying times, residents insist, "We'll be back."

You can see the signs: Morrow is hanging on, treating patients in a converted tractor-trailer. The pharmacy will rebuild. A local church is changing its name to embrace everyone in the community. And, on May 27, exactly one month after the EF-5 tornado, the townspeople came together on the high school football field to celebrate the graduation of 48 students.
Can America's 'best hometown' survive? - CNN.com

I love our resiliency and our courage, and how we come together when faced with unthinkable tragedy. In some ways, I miss the days right after 9/11, because we were all reminded of what does matter, and what doesn't.

just wanted to share this article/thought with the board.

So, what do you love about America?

That no matter what our beliefs, when push comes to shove we will help our fellow humans.

I love the diversity of our people, people who have come here representing nearly every country on the planet.

I love the land itself, with all of its rich beauty.

I love the ideals of America, the foundation of the American Dream, which is still possible for those who are willing to work hard and achieve much.

It's my country. I don't always love the political divisiveness, don't always love the choices government makes, don't always love the tensions between races and ethnicities that always seems to simmer below the surface... not just in this country, but in all countries where vastly divergent populations live in close proximity with each other.

I don't always love what my country does, but I do love what it stands for. Sometimes, we have to step back and remember what that really is.

Of course America will survive. America's awesome!

In the meantime, I'm hedging my bets and taking all my money out of the country if this debt ceiling thing doesn't get resolved.

I love the diversity of our people, people who have come here representing nearly every country on the planet.

I love the land itself, with all of its rich beauty.

I love the ideals of America, the foundation of the American Dream, which is still possible for those who are willing to work hard and achieve much.

It's my country. I don't always love the political divisiveness, don't always love the choices government makes, don't always love the tensions between races and ethnicity that always seems to simmer below the surface... not just in this country, but in all countries where vastly divergent populations live in close proximity with each other.

I don't always love what my country does, but I do love what it stands for. Sometimes, we have to step back and remember what that really is.

I'm impressed by your feelings... All we have to do is rid ourselves of liberalism and we'll be right back where we should be. Its coming soon.

• Banned
I'm impressed by your feelings... All we have to do is rid ourselves of liberalism and we'll be right back where we should be. Its coming soon.

This is why people hate you, dickhead. You have all the social skills of a half rotten zombie. This thread isn't partisan. Now, go grab your lotion and some tissues, and fuck right off.

This is why people hate you, dickhead. You have all the social skills of a half rotten zombie. This thread isn't partisan. Now, go grab your lotion and some tissues, and fuck right off.

ROFL!! Never change, Catz. Never change! :lol:

Sadly, I'm not sure that I could, if I wanted to.

It is now lady smell... You like Bwaney Fwank don'tcha. Well guess what... Libs are now dieing a much sooner death. but, not soon enough. You're gonna lose that monthly check real soon. Get a job loser.

Oh, she'll change alright... at least 40 hours a week.

What I loved about America and what I tried to teach my students. Everyone could climb, though history shows that many roadblocks were thrown up to try to keep some blocs from doing so. They were knocked down.

That while free speech and ideas were fine, there is a difference between theory and a position. The proposition of Id is one thing, the demands that it be taught in comparison with evolution another. If the ID proponents can find some way to configure it within science, rock on! I've yet to see it.

Forum List

Back