Something I Don't Understand About Liberals...

No, it's a liberal thing. They also claim to the be party that champions the rights of women, minorities and children...yet the first to tear them apart and throw them to the wolves. The ones who want PC language...and who say the foulest and most bigoted things.

It's because they're hypocrites, with a desire to control those who they see as less important and valuable than themselves. They don't care what lies they have to tell to get that power.
Is that why 93% of the RNC was white and 60% were male! Plus all the liberals I know have never made racists comment. And isn't Palin rumored to having called Obama Sambo!

um, Constantinople and Jerusalem are 2 separate cities about 700 miles apart.

Constantinople fell in 1453, about 200 years after the Crusades ended.

other than these slight factual errors, you certainly seem to be an expert in the field.

carry on.
Damn, I can't believe you caught Babble in a factual error.

that was a christian intermural affair; it remained christian until it fell to the Turks...........in 1453

i know. was trying to show allie how the christians sacked one of their cities for no real reason. shouldve made that more clear :eusa_angel:

... so why is it that liberal "anti-war" people are always the most numerous and "VIOLENT" protesters on the planet? Why do they protest for an end to wars and for peace by using violence and destruction while protesting? Can anyone explain that?

We don't. That's your oppressive Republican party beating up on innocent protesters exercising their rights. Sorry if thousands of protesters gets a little loud.

And why don't you tell me why your side are always the ones going into churches and shooting them up, or going into Hillary's campaign office with a gun, or plotting to shoot Obama or blowing up abortion clinics.

I seem to remember a bunch of protestors preventing people from getting into their hospice when they were protesting removing the life support equipment from the brain dead Schiavo.

There are extremes on both sides that are not representative of the whole.

Whoops, sorry about the Jerusalem/Constantinopole thing.
I'll have to research it a little.

Anyway, as it was pointed out, the Crusades were in RESPONSE to Muslim invaders taking over Jerusalem (er...not Constantinopole/Jerusalem, my bad) and attempting to expand their empire westward.

"In 638, the city came under Muslim control following conquest by Caliph Umar I. The Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque were soon constructed on the Temple Mount, with the Dome of the Rock standing on the site of the First and Second Temples. The Seljuks, a Turkish dynasty, ruled Jerusalem harshly in the 11th century and continued to expand, especially toward Europe. In response to this expansion and Turkish control of places sacred to Christianity, Pope Urban II called the first of the Crusades, asking Christians to travel to the Middle East and fight to reclaim the Holy Land, especially Jerusalem."

Jerusalem - MSN Encarta

The point being, the references to the hatred towards Westerners being justified on account of the flipping Crusades is idiotic. Obviously they were seeking, and made repeated attempts, to conquer the West long before the Crusades were even a thought.

I never quite understood the term "pro-life." I'm all for life, but more importantly, I'm PRO CHOICE!!!!!!! The term pro-life insinuates that those of us who believe that abortion is a personal, moral and health issue rather than a political issue don't value life. Are you kidding me? Maybe the term "pro-life" should be changed to "no choice"?

Quite right.

A more honest descriptive term might be the Pro Government Control of Women's Reporductive Choices movement.

Or if you're cyncial about it, you might go for the: Let's Punish Woman for Having Sex Because We Don't Get Enough movement.

But in their defense Pro-Life is much easier to type.

Forum List

Back