Something I agree with Rick Perry on - and he agrees with Occupy Wall Street on.

Perry said he would stop all foreign aid to every country until they met our conditions (whatever that means).

I would stop all foreign aid period. Now.

I agree, we should take care of our own first. Only if any money is left, should we be sending it to other countries. When you are in as deep a debt as we are, you don't continue to give to charities while you go further into debt...it's just plain stupid.

It is not charity. We get something in return for every dollar of foreign aid. You let us have a base in your country...we give you money. You crack down on terrorist cells....we give you money. You are Israel...we give you lots of money

Last edited:
Perry said he would stop all foreign aid to every country until they met our conditions (whatever that means).

I don't know if I'd stop all of it. To a degree, foreign aid is a jobs program, because it requires that the goods be purchased from US Companies.

That said, you have to look at our top recipients of aid, and it has little to do with actually helping those in need, and more with foreign policy goals.

Our top recepiants is Israel, at about 3 billion a year. Next up is Egypt, then Jordan. In short, we are propping up countries to make them play nice with Israel.

We are sending a lot of money to Columbia in order to keep them from farming coca leaves.

In short, our aid really isn't based on who needs to be helped with food and clean water, in so much as who needs to be propped up in order to reduce headaches.

I agree but i'm not sure it's an "Occupier" stance. I know it's a Tea Party stance though. Regardless,Perry is right on this one. We're way too broke to continue handing all that Taxpayer cash out.

No. We're sharing amazement that someone can be as stupid as you and still find the keys on a computer.

And it's a hell of a lot more entertaining than trying to pretend that Waterboy has anything useful and intelligent to say.

Clearly I have alot of usefull and intelligent things to say. Thats why you douchbags ignore what I have to say and instead insert an insult after.

I would be alarmed if the liberal.inc's of this board started to agree with me, untill that happens I know I have nothing to worry about.

LOL!!!
You are an ignoramus to the nth degree. You have nothing intelligent or useful to say that some other wookie suiter hasn't already said. And with better spelling and grammar.

"Poor dear, there's nothing between his ears."
--British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher

"What planet is he living on?"
--President Mitterand of France poses this question about Reagan to Canadian Prime Minister Trudeau.

"an amiable dunce"
--Clark Clifford (former Defense Secretary)

"...like reinventing the wheel."
--Larry Speakes (Reagan's former press secretary) describing what it was like preparing the President for a press conference, Speaking Out: The Reagan Presidency from Inside the White House

"He has the ability to make statements that are so far outside the parameters of logic that they leave you speechless"
--Patti Davis (formerly Patricia Ann Reagan) talking about her father, The Way I See It

http://thereaganyears.tripod.com/reaganquotes.htm
The last thing America needs is another "alzheimer" president!

The last one we had ran up the federal debt/GDP ratio by 20.7%

Last edited:
The question will be: What will those conditions be? And will they be the same for each country? I can see Israel's conditions: Gimme five!

When will the "Alzheimer's" candidate propose to remember what his "conditions?"

I wouldn't throw stones, "wordsalad."
"wordsalad" - how quaint

Run Perry as the GOP/Tea Party presidential candidate and he will literally "self destruct" during the debates?

I agree but i'm not sure it's an "Occupier" stance. I know it's a Tea Party stance though. Regardless,Perry is right on this one. We're way too broke to continue handing all that Taxpayer cash out.

As near as I can tell, the Idiot Occupation resents any federal money going to anyone but them.

The question will be: What will those conditions be? And will they be the same for each country? I can see Israel's conditions: Gimme five!

Well, from what he said, I would suppose that an outline of America's national interest in helping that country would be a big one. "What's in it for us?"

I can live with that.

I agree, we should take care of our own first. Only if any money is left, should we be sending it to other countries. When you are in as deep a debt as we are, you don't continue to give to charities while you go further into debt...it's just plain stupid.

It is not charity. We get something in return for every dollar of foreign aid. You let us have a base in your country...we give you money. You crack down on terrorist cells....we give you money. You are Israel...we give you lots of money

Yeah, right. Just like "you crack down on drug dealers and we'll give you money" resulted in Americans being arrested in Mexico for being found with a joint, being beaten until they confess to being dealers and then being imprisoned, while the dealers continued to send drugs across our borders.

Do you really thing Pakistan has cracked down on terrorist cells?

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the dumbest fucking argument in the world. Foreign aid accounts for less than 1% of U.S. expenditures, and while it could certainly use downsizing. cutting it off entirely would result in death and suffering of mass proportions throughout much of the 3rd world.

So to those of you who condone foreign aid, I disagree completely.
To the Liberals, I would say that while my heart goes out to those starving in other nations, we have plenty of them here at home. This is like giving money to a guy on the streets while your own children starve.
To the Conservatives, I would say that anyone condoning this can't talk about deficits, argue against increasing public health care and so on, for the same reasons. Not only do you condone giving money to the man in the street while your own family starves, you endorse borrowing the money from China at interest, so that you can then give it away.
To both sides, I would invite you to look at history and current events. The govt gave our money to Iran while we were in a recession. Boy did THAT work out well! We gave it to the Taliban, to the Iraqis, to the Russians, to the Israelis, to the Columbians and so on. If we stopped, we could give away EIGHTY MILLION DOLLARS of health care to our citizens, food to our homeless, benefits to our veterans or whatever - EVERY DAY. That's right. Eighty millions dollars a DAY.
If you don't think OUR politicians are worthy of our trust (and I know I don't!), how on earth can you be so trusting of the corrupt politicians of OTHER countries??? The Govt still gives billions to the country that hid bin Laden from us for years. They give billions to countries like Israel and Saudi Arabia, whose economies are in much better shape than ours. And they borrow money and put us deeper in debt to do it.
A girlfriend you have to pay isn't a girlfriend. She's a hooker. If we have to pay for our alliances, something is wrong. And no, China isn't suddenly going to become an altruistic nation and start giving their money away. No, the drug cartels aren't going to gain any more power than they have in Mexico or Columbia because they already control those countries and their politicians.
So while I think Perry is an idiot, being Independent, this is one point I can agree with him - and Occupy Wall Street on.
Of course, I exepct the usual petty insults etc... but some discussion of points would be refreshing, if anyone cares to go that route.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back