Something has got to Give

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
My wife and I went to this movie last night. Yikes, it was such a chick flick even my wife was a little turned of from it. Holy doodle, I had to take a hand full of iron pills after that one. Guys do yourselfs a favor stay away. I already made the sacrifice.

I've never even heard of that movie! Who the heck was in it?

Incidentally, I abhor "chick flicks". Never liked the Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movies- only saw one, refused to see the others. Can't stand Terms of Endearment, Steel Magnolias, etc. eeeyuck

Diane Keaton as a 50+ year old divorcee, Jack Nicholson as 60+ year old single guy who only dates young women, Amanda Peet as Keaton's daughter dating Jack. Then Jack has a heart attack and stays at Keaton's house in the Hamptons. Keanu Reeves is Jack doctor and both Jack and Keanu fall for Diane. Lots of heart ache envolved. One sequence has Diane crying on film for about 5 minutes or for days according to the story. :cry:

Yeesh...not something I will ever see. I never even saw that film with Jack with Helen Hunt. Too wimpy for my tastes. I prefer him in A few good men...a real shit in other words.

Incidentally, I abhor "chick flicks".

Jim mentioned liking How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days a lot, how did you like it? Keep in mind that if you say you didn't like it and Jim did, it will be followed by many posts making fun of Jim.:)

I never even saw that film with Jack with Helen Hunt. Too wimpy for my tastes. I prefer him in A few good men...a real shit in other words.

I'd say give "As Good as it Gets" a chance, then, that phrase describes his character perfectly (up until the last ten minutes or so, anyway). He's really funny in it.

Forum List

Back