Something Else Obama Has Done Well That Isn't Getting Press

Compare and contrast with Bush-era treatment of our wounded soldiers.

wounded-vets-assaulted-by-mold-again.jpeg

Too funny. IL claims to care about the vets. The Infidel does as well (and those of us who have been around here a while actually KNOW his involvement).

But, IL finds partisanship more important than the activity s/he claims to support. And, even tells a fellow supporter to fuck off.

Hmmmm.

Well let's see. Legislation is passed to stop the rape of our troops. Infidel gives an ever so patriotic "Who give a Fcuk" and yes, I do indeed find a problem with that. But of course, those blinded by ideology all band together so ....

Good observation.

we can expect Cali to find this a "good observation". Because it's not like you guys think for yourselves or anything. Just all following the same pied piper of the simple-minded:

Anything to do with Obama = Bad
Anything to do with LibDem Issues = Bad
Anything ConservaRepub = Good

Duh.

Would guys like to know your opinion on any current events? Not like it would be hard. Here: First one's free: The Dow is up higher than four year. Your opinions?
1. Obama has nothing to do with this!
2. That doesn't mean things are getting better!

See how easy that is? :lol:
Really?

You speak from ignorance, Grasshopper.

I just defended the O this morning.

I do it whenever it merits.

I was a volunteer during his Inauguration.

I'm pro life...sorta causes tension between my other Republican posters and me.

So....

However, YOU start a thread trying to show you are so pro vet, but in reality, it's a partisan thread not-so-cleverly veiled as pro vet. THAT'S one of the reasons you got the so-what response from The Infidel.

I support this bill, as well, and believe it or not, it's not dear Leader's doing, alone. We have three branches of government that work equally powerfully to make and keep laws (whenever one doesn't get on a power trip, that is). This bill passed bipartisanly in both the House and the Senate and Obama signed it. In fact, that's ALL Obama did. A California Congresswoman was the one who introduced the bill.

So, be pro vet but try not to dis another who is also pro vet. Being pro vet should never be a partisan issue, but that's the spin you put on the thread.

The bill is a good thing, but I can't give Obama much credit for it. I give more credit to both the Dems and Republicans in Congress who overwhelmingly passed it. The O just signed it, thankfully.

Well said Si Modo :clap2:

Too funny. IL claims to care about the vets. The Infidel does as well (and those of us who have been around here a while actually KNOW his involvement).

But, IL finds partisanship more important than the activity s/he claims to support. And, even tells a fellow supporter to fuck off.

Hmmmm.

Well let's see. Legislation is passed to stop the rape of our troops. Infidel gives an ever so patriotic "Who give a Fcuk" and yes, I do indeed find a problem with that. But of course, those blinded by ideology all band together so ....

Good observation.

we can expect Cali to find this a "good observation". Because it's not like you guys think for yourselves or anything. Just all following the same pied piper of the simple-minded:

Duh.

Would guys like to know your opinion on any current events? Not like it would be hard. Here: First one's free: The Dow is up higher than four year. Your opinions?

Really?

So....

However, YOU start a thread trying to show you are so pro vet, but in reality, it's a partisan thread not-so-cleverly veiled as pro vet. THAT'S one of the reasons you got the so-what response from The Infidel. BS. This link was e-mailed to me from a gal at the VA.
Look, when someone offers ZERO but "Who gives a fcuk" about the rape of our troops, I'm likely to take umbridge. If he had said anything in addition like "Let me make clear I'm referring to the Obama part of this..." that would be different. But he's your buddy and you're defending, I get it.

I support this bill, as well, and believe it or not, it's not dear Leader's doing, alone. We have three branches of government that work equally powerfully to make and keep laws (whenever one doesn't get on a power trip, that is). This bill passed bipartisanly in both the House and the Senate and Obama signed it. In fact, that's ALL Obama did. A California Congresswoman was the one who introduced the bill.

So, be pro vet but try not to dis another who is also pro vet.

Being pro vet should never be a partisan issue, but that's the spin you put on the thread.

The bill is a good thing, but I can't give Obama much credit for it. I give more credit to both the Dems and Republicans in Congress who overwhelmingly passed it. The O just signed it, thankfully.

Okay well, it applies to CaliGirl who follows "blinded by ideology" formula like religion. Since the two of you seemed of the same sentiment, I made the err in judgment that you were birds of a feather. But in your case, I was wrong. I stand corrected and apologize for lumping you in with the "special people".
Like I said, the people at the VA and those who come into my office (we help them write resumes, train them etc...) have indicated Obama was personally very active in getting this language into the bill.

Hmmmm.
He's all about the image of himself that he sees in the pool, nothing more....An ounce of image is worth a ton of sincerity.

Hmmmm.
He's all about the image of himself that he sees in the pool, nothing more....An ounce of image is worth a ton of sincerity.

Lets see if rape goes down too.... (like this is going to stop assholes from being assholes)

Its a smoke screen and a distraction from his failures as a president.

Duh.

Really?

So....

However, YOU start a thread trying to show you are so pro vet, but in reality, it's a partisan thread not-so-cleverly veiled as pro vet. THAT'S one of the reasons you got the so-what response from The Infidel. BS. This link was e-mailed to me from a gal at the VA.
Look, when someone offers ZERO but "Who gives a fcuk" about the rape of our troops, I'm likely to take umbridge. If he had said anything in addition like "Let me make clear I'm referring to the Obama part of this..." that would be different. But he's your buddy and you're defending, I get it.

Being pro vet should never be a partisan issue, but that's the spin you put on the thread.

Okay well, it applies to CaliGirl who follows "blinded by ideology" formula like religion. Since the two of you seemed of the same sentiment, I made the err in judgment that you were birds of a feather. But in your case, I was wrong. I stand corrected and apologize for lumping you in with the "special people".
Like I said, the people at the VA and those who come into my office (we help them write resumes, train them etc...) have indicated Obama was personally very active in getting this language into the bill.
Cool. She and I often are. And, she and I disagree on some major issues. But, that doesn't keep us from being friends and grown-ups about those differences.

And, I made an error (that I hope is not Freudian)...I am actually pro-choice.

I edited that.

I admit that I am partial to The Infidel. That is true. I also know that there were other things going on with him, but you didn't know that.

I applaud both of you for being pro vet.

Last edited:
Really?

So....

Cool. She and I often are. And, she and I disagree on some major issues. But, that doesn't keep us from being friends and grown-ups about those differences.

I edited that.

I admit that I am partial to The Infidel. That is true. I also know that there were other things going on with him, but you didn't know that.

You've shown more character in one post than most people I've seen here do in all of them.
All good then.

I edited that.

You've shown more character in one post than most people I've seen here do in all of them.
All good then.

I would like to say one more thing here....

I am not in any way trying to say its not good to try to help female service members or any of them for that matter deal with the crime of rape. I just see it as a distraction right now... Obama is fucking things up royally and I let that cloud my judgement...especially lastnight.

I am truly glad you do what you do IndependntLogic (for vets).

We shouldnt fight about that.... I too opologize if I was an ass....

Hip hip hooray for Obama (there I said it) :tongue:

I edited that.

All good then.

I am not in any way trying to say its not good to try to help female service members or any of them for that matter deal with the crime of rape. I just see it as a distraction right now... Obama is fucking things up royally and I let that cloud my judgement...especially lastnight.

Then let me apologize in kind.

This is a place where people are passionate about their politics and that does indeed induce posts that are more severe than would be found irl discussions. But I have seen your posts before and you probably don't remember but have ankowledged you were right and I was wrong on another issue (I think it was Global Warming).

All good.

All good then.

Then let me apologize in kind.

This is a place where people are passionate about their politics and that does indeed induce posts that are more severe than would be found irl discussions. But I have seen your posts before and you probably don't remember but have ankowledged you were right and I was wrong on another issue (I think it was Global Warming).

All good.

:huddle:

Thanks IndependntLogic... have a good day.

Duh.

Really?

So....

I 'follow' blindly?

:lol:

You wanna explain how I, as someone who is pro life, also supports the right of others to be pro choice? Ain't a lot of 'pro lifers' who do that.

Or, how about my support for the bail outs? Hardly a popular stance from conservatives.

And... there is my support for a whole bunch of policies that are not, traditional conservative stances.

You are either:

a. mistaken about me
b. a liar
c. jack shit stupid

Care to pick which best fits you?

Really?

So....

I 'follow' blindly?

You wanna explain how I, as someone who is pro life, also supports the right of others to be pro choice? Ain't a lot of 'pro lifers' who do that.

Or, how about my support for the bail outs? Hardly a popular stance from conservatives.

And... there is my support for a whole bunch of policies that are not, traditional conservative stances.

You are either:

a. mistaken about me
b. a liar
c. jack shit stupid

Bail outs? BAIL OUTS?

Well, that's the final straw.

Screw you, biatch!

Really?

So....

I 'follow' blindly?

You are either:

a. mistaken about me
b. a liar
c. jack shit stupid

I think it's because you jump in threads and so often post about me, without ever addressing the issue or topic. But I guess we all do that from time to time so I guess I'll go with "A".

BTW, I'm genuinely surprised about the bailouts! I was against the bailouts of the banks but supported the auto bailout - because historically, any time we've bailed out financial institutions, the taxpayer ended up footing the bill and any time we've bailed out the manufacturing sector, we have not only saved jobs but (again historically) we not only gotten repaid but usually ended up with a profit.
Not likely to be the case with GM but that's how it worked out in the past and why I supported it. And I think the loss from GM will be minimal (net) compared to the banks.
I also think we should have made breaking ALL of them up, as a condition of bailout, thus eliminating the future possibility of repeating "too big to fail".

Forum List

Back