Something Else Obama Has Done Well That Isn't Getting Press

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm the DOO of a charity that helps returning troops and vets reintegrate to civilian society. The troops seem pretty happy with this president. The overwhelming majority were thrilled with repealing DADT for reasons I'm happy to cite.
The women who have served talked a lot about a problem that had been getting worse and worse for years: Rape. Last year the servicewomen's group got it out publicly and approached Obama about it.
With a Congress that seemed unable to agree on ANYTHING, he managed to get this one bill signed with overwhelming support. It is the strongest of it's kind to be passed in history. It took effect last month. There seems to be a lot of genuine admiration for two people at the VA: Obama and Paul. But not much for Newt, Mitt or Rick. Oh well.
Good job Mr. President

President Obama signs military sexual assault reforms into law | Service Women's Action Network (SWAN)

yes, your usual brilliance and and insight. Well as a veteran and someone who runs an NPO dedicated to helping those who have bravely served our country, I give a Fcuk.
But hey, if you don't care about our veterans well, that says something about your "patriotism", doesn't it? So really, you're kind of small, inconsequential and party before our brave soldiers, aren't you? Yeah. We knew that.

Last edited:
Never said I don't care about our veterans... for your information I volunteer a ton of time to helping wounded vets. Look up Wheelers For The Wounded, Texas.

Stick your fake outrage up your keester OK?

Never said I don't care about our veterans... for your information I volunteer a ton of time to helping wounded vets. Look up Wheelers For The Wounded, Texas.

Yeah but because Obama did this you don't give a fcuk. Tells much about you, doesn't it. Yes it does. So on behalf of every female troops and vet I work with: Fcuk You. You can :suck:

Too funny. IL claims to care about the vets. The Infidel does as well (and those of us who have been around here a while actually KNOW his involvement).

But, IL finds partisanship more important than the activity s/he claims to support. And, even tells a fellow supporter to fuck off.

Hmmmm.

Last edited:

Yeah but because Obama did this you don't give a fcuk. Tells much about you, doesn't it. Yes it does. So on behalf of every female troops and vet I work with: Fcuk You. You can :suck:

Your easily distracted are'nt you?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UF4oyomsjQ&feature=related]Look at the birdie! - YouTube[/ame]

Thats all this 'law' is.... a distraction. May be just my opinion, but I cant help but be cynical of everything he does.

Last edited:
Too funny. IL claims to care about the vets. The Infidel does as well (and those of us who have been around here a while actually KNOW his involvement).

But, IL finds partisanship more important than the activity s/he claims to support. And, even tells a fellow supporter to fuck off.

Hmmmm.

Good observation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm the DOO of a charity that helps returning troops and vets reintegrate to civilian society. The troops seem pretty happy with this president. The overwhelming majority were thrilled with repealing DADT for reasons I'm happy to cite.
The women who have served talked a lot about a problem that had been getting worse and worse for years: Rape. Last year the servicewomen's group got it out publicly and approached Obama about it.
With a Congress that seemed unable to agree on ANYTHING, he managed to get this one bill signed with overwhelming support. It is the strongest of it's kind to be passed in history. It took effect last month. There seems to be a lot of genuine admiration for two people at the VA: Obama and Paul. But not much for Newt, Mitt or Rick. Oh well.
Good job Mr. President

President Obama signs military sexual assault reforms into law | Service Women's Action Network (SWAN)

Good for you, man.

Excellent pro bono work.

Thats all this 'law' is.... a distraction. May be just my opinion, but I cant help but be cynical of everything he does. [/FONT]

Expert on fake outrage, eh? Been practicing the last three years, no doubt.

Did you miss ":gives:"? No comment, but you'll attack IL? Who's being partisan again?

Hmmmm.

Good observation.

:lol::lol::lol:

Good job Mr. President

Seems that was part of the NDAA which was a travesty of a bill. The fact that it has this as a positive does not make the bill a good one. This was not something he pushed for anyway. Did he write this provision? Did he ask for it? If not, then he gets no credit for it. If he did, then kudos. If he only vetoed the bill as promised and signed one without the authoritarian aspects I might actually be able to give him some credit.

I didn't know the President wrote bills?? But again, he's above the law and the Constitution. Who cares this bill had to pass Congress before it landed on his desk............Damn those obstructionist Republicans.

Has done well ... it doesnt help the country in this economy and imo this is what needs fixing ... not all the little publicity bs.
Gas - wind -soloar -nuclear not happening over night either
Jobs- the actual numbers are worse than his cronies report
Housing - try getting a loan with good credit, not easy
Manufacturing - still in china
Foreign Policy - SUCKS, but heck hes learning

Good job Mr. President

Anyone who followed this case knew something needed to be done:

Jamie Leigh Jones Loses Rape Case

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

Well let's see. Legislation is passed to stop the rape of our troops. Infidel gives an ever so patriotic "Who give a Fcuk" and yes, I do indeed find a problem with that. But of course, those blinded by ideology all band together so ....

Good observation.

we can expect Cali to find this a "good observation". Because it's not like you guys think for yourselves or anything. Just all following the same pied piper of the simple-minded:

Anything to do with Obama = Bad
Anything to do with LibDem Issues = Bad
Anything ConservaRepub = Good

Duh.

Would guys like to know your opinion on any current events? Not like it would be hard. Here: First one's free: The Dow is up higher than four year. Your opinions?
1. Obama has nothing to do with this!
2. That doesn't mean things are getting better!

See how easy that is? :lol:

Hmmmm.

Hmmmm.

Well let's see. Legislation is passed to stop the rape of our troops. Infidel gives an ever so patriotic "Who give a Fcuk" and yes, I do indeed find a problem with that. But of course, those blinded by ideology all band together so ....

Good observation.

we can expect Cali to find this a "good observation". Because it's not like you guys think for yourselves or anything. Just all following the same pied piper of the simple-minded:

Anything to do with Obama = Bad
Anything to do with LibDem Issues = Bad
Anything ConservaRepub = Good

Duh.

Would guys like to know your opinion on any current events? Not like it would be hard. Here: First one's free: The Dow is up higher than four year. Your opinions?
1. Obama has nothing to do with this!
2. That doesn't mean things are getting better!

See how easy that is? :lol:
Really?

You speak from ignorance, Grasshopper.

I just defended the O this morning.

I do it whenever it merits.

I was a volunteer during his Inauguration.

I'm pro choice...sorta causes tension between my other Republican posters and me.

So....

However, YOU start a thread trying to show you are so pro vet, but in reality, it's a partisan thread not-so-cleverly veiled as pro vet. THAT'S one of the reasons you got the so-what response from The Infidel.

I support this bill, as well, and believe it or not, it's not dear Leader's doing, alone. We have three branches of government that work equally powerfully to make and keep laws (whenever one doesn't get on a power trip, that is). This bill passed bipartisanly in both the House and the Senate and Obama signed it. In fact, that's ALL Obama did. A California Congresswoman was the one who introduced the bill.

So, be pro vet but try not to dis another who is also pro vet. Being pro vet should never be a partisan issue, but that's the spin you put on the thread.

The bill is a good thing, but I can't give Obama much credit for it. I give more credit to both the Dems and Republicans in Congress who overwhelmingly passed it. The O just signed it, thankfully.

Last edited:

Good job Mr. President

Seems that was part of the NDAA which was a travesty of a bill. The fact that it has this as a positive does not make the bill a good one. This was not something he pushed for anyway. Did he write this provision? Did he ask for it? If not, then he gets no credit for it. If he did, then kudos. If he only vetoed the bill as promised and signed one without the authoritarian aspects I might actually be able to give him some credit.

Okay first let's get something out of the way: You're right. I didn't realize this was part of NDAA which I agree was HORRIBLE.
So deduct major points for that. Here was what I was told by the local SWAN gal from the Air Force: That they had brought this to the WH last year and frankly, didn't expect to get much wind behind it. But Obama got right back to them and said he would back this 100%. He also provided a list of senators, congresspeople etc... to call from both sides of the aisle. That seems to be where a lot of the enthusiasm for this president comes from. He and Paul both really get personally involved and have been very proactive on the behalf of our troops and Vets. Also, they like that everyone is on their way home from Iraq and will be from Afghanistan.
I hate NDAA but from what I have been told, this was written into a bill that didn't originally have all this language and provisions. I'm working down there again tomorrow and will see if I can find out more.

Forum List

Back