Something different - Why should Republicans get a second shot.

War/ President / Party

Iraq War / Bush 43 / R
Vietnam / Kennedy / D
Korea / Truman / D
WW2 / FDR / D
WW1 / Wilson / D
Spanish American / McKinley / R
Civil War / Lincoln / R
Mexican-American War / Polk / D

If you want to look at it that way. Of the last 8 wars with our current parties in existence, or at least one of them, Dems were in charge 5 out of the 8 times. And in the 20th century ALL the wars were started/entered into by Democrats.

Military actions were not included, only "declared" wars or military actions considered wars generally by scholars.

I want to look at it??? I think you're forgetting who sent us on this side track.

Vietnam War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's only Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth. But even they don't say that Eisenhower got us involved. Only advisers, materiel aid and trainers to the South Vietnamese Army. No combat troops till Kennedy. And even then, it was spurred by some of LBJ's hawkishness.

So, can we get back on target here?

BTW, the official declaration of war that began the Vietnam war was in 1959.

March 1959 - The armed revolution begins as Ho Chi Minh declares a People's War to unite all of Vietnam under his leadership. His Politburo now orders a changeover to an all-out military struggle. Thus begins the Second Indochina War.

Just like the WOT (or what ever name you wish to give it) didn't begin on 9-11. It was in 1998. Ole Slick probably didn't realize it, but that doesn't change the start date.
By them, on us. Not us, on them. We, for instance were not fighting a war on terror till after congress authorized the war after 9/11. On the other hand Muslim terrorists have been at war with us since Jimmeh Carter.

It's only Wikipedia, so take it for what it's worth. But even they don't say that Eisenhower got us involved. Only advisers, materiel aid and trainers to the South Vietnamese Army. No combat troops till Kennedy. And even then, it was spurred by some of LBJ's hawkishness.

Okay.. Let's get off the tangent that you took us on. The OP question is still out there. And please, don't take us down the democratic path. We were trying to discuss republicans and why, after everything that happened on their watch, should they be given a second bite at the apple.

What has the GOP done to deserve a shot? Fuggin' NOTHING.

Shit, what did the Dems do to deserve the shot they got? Fuggin' NOTHING as well.

The only reason why they swept into power the way they did was because the Bush Administration screwed the pooch in Iraq for YEARS and the economy crashed. They didn't do shit to earn it. They just took advantage of the opportunity to exploit the failures of the GOP's rule.

And now the GOP is hoping to come into power the same way; not through merit but by default because the Dems have proven that they are just as, if not more incompetent then they were.

Frankly, I hope the GOP gets control of at least one Chamber ... likely the House because we, as a nation, have a Pelosi problem ... she's certifiable. I don't see them retaking the Senate but we could all benefit from Harry Reid getting his butt kicked in November and a real leader step up in his place. That guy sucks donkey balls too.

This nation runs better with a divided gov't y'all. Just look at the last decade and compare it to the prior two.

Shit, what did the Dems do to deserve the shot they got? Fuggin' NOTHING as well.

The only reason why they swept into power the way they did was because the Bush Administration screwed the pooch in Iraq for YEARS and the economy crashed. They didn't do shit to earn it. They just took advantage of the opportunity to exploit the failures of the GOP's rule.

And now the GOP is hoping to come into power the same way; not through merit but by default because the Dems have proven that they are just as, if not more incompetent then they were.

Frankly, I hope the GOP gets control of at least one Chamber ... likely the House because we, as a nation, have a Pelosi problem ... she's certifiable. I don't see them retaking the Senate but we could all benefit from Harry Reid getting his butt kicked in November and a real leader step up in his place. That guy sucks donkey balls too.

This nation runs better with a divided gov't y'all. Just look at the last decade and compare it to the prior two.

Concise political observation

now this is a good post.....because Art is absolutely correct.........one branch in power and this country has problems,divided it runs much better.....but the hacks here will never understand that.....

Aren't they still rallying behind ***** Cheney's causes though?

Every time that lurch raises his slimy head to utter a word they revere him.

'Sup wit dat?!??

as much as i cant stand the slimeball..... revering him is better then sucking Pelosi's Twat... 'Sup wit dat?!??

Something tells me that you just might has a wee bit of a problem with women in power.

i have a problem with Nancy Pelosi in power .....if you dont then you definatly have a problem...

Well the Dems got a second shot and just look at the bang up job they are doing??

Because the democrats have fucked things up beyond recognition in a VERY short time...

Okay.. Let's get off the tangent that you took us on. The OP question is still out there. And please, don't take us down the democratic path. We were trying to discuss republicans and why, after everything that happened on their watch, should they be given a second bite at the apple.
I've stated before. Neither party deserves a shot. Only fiscal conservatives and strict constitutional constructionists do.

Forum List

Back