Something different - Why should Republicans get a second shot.

Because Democrats are worse is NOT a solution.

Let's try this again:

OK, let's not bash Republicans. Let's ask:

Why should Republicans get a "second shot" at the nation? What will they bring to "heal the damage" that is here, for whatever reason it's here, it IS here.

What are Republican solutions?

What facts to have to back up those solutions?

Start with their many successes from the 8 years before Obama took office. What will they do to keep that success going?

Try asking it WITHOUT your partisan spin:

Start with their many successes from the 8 years before Obama took office. What will they do to keep that success going?

and you may get more people to chime in.

How about a pledge to constitutionally limit federal spending to 15% of GDP except in wartime.
Won't work.

When was the last time that this country was NOT engaged in some type of war or another?

That's a ploy.

Because Democrats are worse is NOT a solution.

Let's try this again:

Why should Republicans get a "second shot" at the nation? What will they bring to "heal the damage" that is here, for whatever reason it's here, it IS here.

Didn't you hear?

They will produce another 4 page, double-spaced, 20-font sized pamphlet with no numbers in it chuck full of their "solutions."

roflmao.gif

Republicans deserve a second shot because they said they are sorry and won't do it again.

You see, the problem was they were not CONSERVATIVE enough. Bush and Cheney were such bleeding heart liberals that they were doomed to fail.

By the way, Republicans are now FISCALLY CONSERVATIVE and will cut taxes while maintaining a balanced budget. They also have this fantastic super-terrific healthcare plan waiting in the wings

Last edited:
Aren't they still rallying behind ***** Cheney's causes though?

Every time that lurch raises his slimy head to utter a word they revere him.

'Sup wit dat?!??

Because the Democrats were handed the "keys to the castle" with their Presidency and SuperMajority and STILL managed to fuck it up?

As I count heads in the Senate, I never saw the Democrats with 60 votes. I saw 58 and 2 independents. It always amazes me how people assume the independents would vote for whatever the democrats came up with when democrats have NEVER voted for something simply because the democrats came up with it.

That's one thing the Democrats have over the GOP, there members are not required, and do not walk in lockstep.

Completly disingenious.

The two independants are far left progressives who ALWAYS vote and caucus with the Dems.

Why did the country give Dems a 2nd, 3rd, and many other chances after Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Carter et all?

Their 'sucesses' include two worthless world wars, Vietnam and the birth of international islamic extremism.

Why did the country give Dems a 2nd, 3rd, and many other chances after Wilson, FDR, LBJ, Carter et all?

Their 'sucesses' include two worthless world wars, Vietnam and the birth of international islamic extremism.

You guys make this too easy. Eisenhower, a Republican, got us into Vietnam. It was also under Eisenhower that the CIA overthrew the Iranian government, causing the birth of international islamic extremism. Two worthless world wars, huh. I guess you think it would have been a good thing if Hitler had won WWII. And I also suppose that you don't think the US should respond when we are attacked by another nation.

You guys should really go and study history. That way you won't screw up like this so often.

Because the Democrats were handed the "keys to the castle" with their Presidency and SuperMajority and STILL managed to fuck it up?

They didn't fuck anything up. They are still cleaning up the mess left by the Republicans.
:wtf:

You think that excuse is going to work anymore?

:lol: :funnyface: :lol:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They';re like a bunch of children... all pointing fingers at the otther guy.

Try asking it WITHOUT your partisan spin:

and you may get more people to chime in.

Partisan spin?

Not sure what you mean. Many Republicans feel Bush was a success and they had major accomplishments. Even I know that.

They will turn the country over to corporate lobbyists.

You guys make this too easy.
First, i am not 'you guys.'

Eisenhower, a Republican, got us into Vietnam.
Wrong chauncey, LBJ committed us ground forces to Vietnam, a little trick called the gulf of tonkin was the ticket.

It was also under Eisenhower that the CIA overthrew the Iranian government, causing the birth of international islamic extremism.
Wrong part two.
The british helped the rightful ruler of Iran, the Shah against a communist attempted takeover.

The incident wasn't even public knowledge until the 1990s, so it could not have launched 'islamic extremism', what a stupid claim.

Two worthless world wars, huh.
Absolutely.

I guess you think it would have been a good thing if Hitler had won WWII.
Stalin was just so much, eh sweetness?

And I also suppose that you don't think the US should respond when we are attacked by another nation.
You mean the one FDR provoked for two years through various breeches of international law?

You guys should really go and study history.
Again with the 'you guys.'

Let me explain it to you sonny, I'm not and never have been a Republican, so your stupid 'us vs them' games won't work with me.

That way you won't screw up like this so often.
I hope you learned something from the schooling you just recieved, but I doubt it.

Last edited:
Wrong chauncey, LBJ committed us ground forces to Vietnam, a little trick called the gulf of tonkin was the ticket.

We were involved in Vietnam before LBJ.

Eisenhower sent a bunch of "military ad visors" to Vietnam. JFK sent in special forces.

Eisenhower sent a bunch of "military ad visors" to Vietnam. JFK sent in special forces.
Dude, you should know better.

We had only 'advisors' and the war was nearly over in 1964, the South had lost, until LBJ faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and then lauched 'Operation Starlight' in which a Marine regiment landed at Da Nang and began a sucessful sweep and clear operation in 1965.

On the legs of this LBJ moved over a half million US service perssonel into SVN.

And if you want to play semantics, Vietnam was started by TRUMAN, not Eisenhower, Harry renegged on the uS promise to Ho in favor of the French.

Dude, you should know better.

We had only 'advisors' and the war was nearly over in 1964, the South had lost, until LBJ faked the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and then lauched 'Operation Starlight' in which a Marine regiment landed at Da Nang and began a sucessful sweep and clear operation in 1965.

On the legs of this LBJ moved over a half million US service perssonel into SVN.

And if you want to play semantics, Vietnam was started by TRUMAN, not Eisenhower, Harry renegged on the uS promise to Ho in favor of the French.

LBJ is definitely the one who amped it up and really turned it into a "war" ... no disagreement there ... I'm just saying that we had our nose in Vietnam long before LBJ.

New Topics

Forum List

Back