Someone here predicted this and I thought they were nuts

What about sugar breakfast cereal, hmmmmm? Everyone knows kids love bright colors and sugar! And look, they put a fun game on the back of the box and a toy inside! :eusa_naughty:

ALL children MUST have oatmeal breakfast in Sombertown! :evil:

And I'm man enough to start this thread announcing that I was wrong.

I can't remember who posted it, but I remember somebody saying that the SF happy meal (toy) ban would be used as grounds for lawsuits and I thought that was a bit of a stretch. But already we have this:

Mom to Sue McDonalds in Happy Meal Battle - ABC News

Glad you can admit it, but I bet you still think I am paranoid and nuts.

(OK, I don't think I actually said that here, but everyone knows I think that way, and I probably thanked and pos repped whoever said it.)

What a stupid bitch....

"McDonald's knows that kids like toys more than they like the burgers, so they dangle these little toys in front of kids to pester their parents to take them to McDonald's," Jacobson said. "It's a trick that works. It's unfair to kids, they are being totally manipulated and it's unfair to parents who have the company going behind their back using this toy trick to get their kids to pester them."

So I guess McDonalds snuck into her house and turned on the tv?

What a crock of shit..... this case should be thrown out of the court. This shit has got to stop if we as a nation are to prosper.

Loser pays.... if she loses the case she should have to pay for it!

Stupid bitch!!!

Not only that, they delivered free samples to her daughter until she was hooked on the toys. I actually saw a TV interview they did with this woman and her daughter, and all I could think is, "Why did you take her there in the first place?

People who can't or won't be parents spend $2.00 for a Happy Meal to get a $ .02 toy. And why do they do that? My guess is that they're affraid the child will give them a time out. Parents aren't even smart enough to just out bid Ronald and give the whinning brat a $ .20 toy and save $1.80. Then they can take the little one home and make a healthy salad. McDonalds is not the Mother and Father. You are ya DUMB #*^!#% )*& &($% **%

"I can tell them 'No' all day long, but then they see commercials that convince them you've really got to have this," Parham said. Her 6-year-old daughter Maya especially likes the toys that come with McDonald's Happy Meals. With a smile, the first grader says opening a Happy Meal is like "a birthday present."

She should sue the manufacturer of her TV, since that is where her daughter sees the commercials.

I would sue the electric company for supplying the power to turn the TV on. It's not the manufacturer's fault. They don't have any clue whether or not you have the ability to turn on their products. It's out of their hands.

I might even go so far as to sue the coal mining company that supplies the electric company with the necessary fuel to operate their plants.

New Topics

Forum List

Back