Someone here predicted this and I thought they were nuts

What a stupid bitch....

"McDonald's knows that kids like toys more than they like the burgers, so they dangle these little toys in front of kids to pester their parents to take them to McDonald's," Jacobson said. "It's a trick that works. It's unfair to kids, they are being totally manipulated and it's unfair to parents who have the company going behind their back using this toy trick to get their kids to pester them."

So I guess McDonalds snuck into her house and turned on the tv?

What a crock of shit..... this case should be thrown out of the court. This shit has got to stop if we as a nation are to prosper.

Loser pays.... if she loses the case she should have to pay for it!

Stupid bitch!!!

And I'm man enough to start this thread announcing that I was wrong.

I can't remember who posted it, but I remember somebody saying that the SF happy meal (toy) ban would be used as grounds for lawsuits and I thought that was a bit of a stretch. But already we have this:

Mom to Sue McDonalds in Happy Meal Battle - ABC News

It wasn't me that said people would sue, but I really wonder about parenting for the past 40 years. Last I knew that unless the children were over 16, it would be their parents taking them to fast food outlets.

I know my children didn't get happy meals unless I took them or their grandparents did. Same thing with cookies, chips, pop, candy, etc. They didn't get them if I didn't give it to them. I did so, rarely. It seemed as important to me to limit junk, as to repeatedly expose them to vegetables and grains they didn't like so well. Concepts!

I guess it doesn't occur to this mother to simply turn off the TV so her highly impressionable daughter is not influenced by the commercials? I guess it doesn't occur to this mother to take her child to a soup and salad bar for lunch instead of McDonalds if she doesn't like what McDonalds serves?

What kind of self serving would be dictator demands that everybody else be subject to what he or she determines is best for his/her kids? How many people do you trust with the responsibility for that besides yourself?

I swear I am an eternal optimist, but much more of this kind of absolute stupidity, insanity, and/or irresponsibility is going to make me change that label.

Have parents developed the inability to say no?

And for the mother suing, I have this for ya.

waaambulance.jpg

You know..........this is pretty stupid. Almost as dumb as the idiot chick who spilled coffee in her lap and made a bundle.

Or that other chick that said she'd found a finger in her Wendy's chili.

Or the stupid fucking judge that wanted to sue a dry cleaner for 5 million over a 50 dollar pair of slacks.

"I can tell them 'No' all day long, but then they see commercials that convince them you've really got to have this," Parham said. Her 6-year-old daughter Maya especially likes the toys that come with McDonald's Happy Meals. With a smile, the first grader says opening a Happy Meal is like "a birthday present."

She should sue the manufacturer of her TV, since that is where her daughter sees the commercials.

"I can tell them 'No' all day long, but then they see commercials that convince them you've really got to have this," Parham said. Her 6-year-old daughter Maya especially likes the toys that come with McDonald's Happy Meals. With a smile, the first grader says opening a Happy Meal is like "a birthday present."

She should sue the manufacturer of her TV, since that is where her daughter sees the commercials.

Don't forget the broadcast network, the electric company for providing the power, as well as the builders of her house that allows her daughter to sit in comfort and wish she had some Mickey D's.

Don't forget the broadcast network, the electric company for providing the power, as well as the builders of her house that allows her daughter to sit in comfort and wish she had some Mickey D's.

And her car manufacturer, as she drives the car to the McDonalds.

And her parents, for raising her to be such a irresponsible whore.

Until we take Shakespeare's advice and kill all the lawyers anything is possible when it comes to lawsuits.

Except that is not what Shakespeare meant.

Anyone familiar with the quote in context knows that Shakespeare was commenting on the importance of lawyers. The characters in Henry VI are discussing revolution, in the course of their discussion the statement is made, ""The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." Suggesting they eliminate anyone who might stand in their way, this underscores the importance of lawyers in society.

I saw this one coming. I'm not sure if these little kids are even fat. Her argument seems to be that they are just whiny. Maybe I can sue the parents of some of my students? I can't stand whining either. :lol:

I guess it takes a special kind of person to stand in front of the nation and basically say "I am a bad parent who would rather feed my kids junk food than cook a meal, and now that I think I can get money for being such a crappy parent...I am stooping to a new low and try and blame someone else."

Note: In California, it is quite possible this woman would win.

Oh...and BTW...McDonalds has offered apple slices instead of fries and milk instead of soda.
Guess this mother can't read.

Surprise, surprise. This woman has an agenda:

ra Stoll, who blogs at Future of Capitalism and used to put out the New York Times-tweaking smartertimes.com, soon discovered (via a commenter) that she is in fact the same person as Monet Parham-Lee, who is a “regional program manager” on the state of California payroll for child nutrition matters.

Specifically, she works on a federally funded program that campaigns to exhort people to eat their vegetables and that sort of thing. The comment:

“Interestingly, her name has been scrubbed from the website of Champions for Change, the Network for a Healthy California.'

JammieWearingFool

Until we take Shakespeare's advice and kill all the lawyers anything is possible when it comes to lawsuits.

Except that is not what Shakespeare meant.

Anyone familiar with the quote in context knows that Shakespeare was commenting on the importance of lawyers. The characters in Henry VI are discussing revolution, in the course of their discussion the statement is made, ""The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers." Suggesting they eliminate anyone who might stand in their way, this underscores the importance of lawyers in society.

The world would be a much better place without lawyers, who only become lawyers because they aren't smart enough to become doctors.

Lawyers are the leeches of modern Society, and the root of all evil in business.

Surprise, surprise. This woman has an agenda:

ra Stoll, who blogs at Future of Capitalism and used to put out the New York Times-tweaking smartertimes.com, soon discovered (via a commenter) that she is in fact the same person as Monet Parham-Lee, who is a “regional program manager” on the state of California payroll for child nutrition matters.

Specifically, she works on a federally funded program that campaigns to exhort people to eat their vegetables and that sort of thing. The comment:

“Interestingly, her name has been scrubbed from the website of Champions for Change, the Network for a Healthy California.'

JammieWearingFool

Initially I was thinking this woman was just a mom who couldn't say "no" to her kids, which brings into question her ability to be a health educator. Now it makes sense - she's so busy forcing her "healthy habits" on the entire populace that she doesn't have time to be bother with saying "no" to her kids. Come to think of it, she probably doesn't have any time for her kids.

Forum List

Back