Someone help with this

It is a militia. You can try to spin it anyway you want, but a force equal to the us military cannot be called anything other than military in nature....

Not so.

"Equal to the military" can refer to size or popularity or funding.

It doesn't have to -- and in this case, doesn't -- refer to firepower.

Not yet. This 'volunteerism' thing isn't mandatory either -- yet.

"Not yet"? From where do you get the notion that it ever will?

Left-wing crackpots are anarchists. You won't have to worry about any of them running for public office!

Huh? When in history did anarchy rein across the land? Other than hot spots, usually racially motivated, anarchists is quite a strong word. Oh, yes, there were those rebels who threw all that tea into Boston Harbor once. I forgot about those guys.

These days, when I think of "anarchists," I envision fat, tatooed white biker dudes flying the rebel flag (whether they live in the South or not). And they're hardly "left-wingers."

???

Who said anything about "anarchy rein[ing] across the land?

And whatever makes you think "fat, tatooed [sic] white biker dudes flying the rebel flag" are anarchists?

Anarchists espouse the eradication of government in favor of a natural social order. Doesn't sound like lefties to me (your first statement).

Today's anarchists would be those anti-Obama, anti-anything-not-to-the-right-of-center-and-preferably-far-far-right who have formed a new "revolution" (tax revolt) by organizing a march on Washington on April 15th. From what I've read about this group, although it may have started out as a noble political cause, has attracted the dregs of society which includes neonazis (National Alliance), redneck civil war relics, KKKers, armed vigilantes and every other sociopathic cult that has trouble fitting in anywhere.

Let me take this to it's logical extreme: Obama is gonna arm kids 18 - 25 with M4's and put them on the streets to enforce laws after training them for three months? Who indroctinates these kids? This is insane and Rham Emanuel thinks it's funny and blows off questions about it. He obviously thinks these people are gonna do the bidding of Obama.

What he will likely accomplish is to start a civil war.

From your first couple of posts, it seems like you've come here with an agenda and a point to make. I'll keep reading to see if you put your cards on the table but, if not, would you care to do so? Might save us all some time.

Huh? When in history did anarchy rein across the land? Other than hot spots, usually racially motivated, anarchists is quite a strong word. Oh, yes, there were those rebels who threw all that tea into Boston Harbor once. I forgot about those guys.

These days, when I think of "anarchists," I envision fat, tatooed white biker dudes flying the rebel flag (whether they live in the South or not). And they're hardly "left-wingers."

???

And whatever makes you think "fat, tatooed [sic] white biker dudes flying the rebel flag" are anarchists?

Anarchists espouse the eradication of government in favor of a natural social order. Doesn't sound like lefties to me (your first statement).

Today's anarchists would be those anti-Obama, anti-anything-not-to-the-right-of-center-and-preferably-far-far-right who have formed a new "revolution" (tax revolt) by organizing a march on Washington on April 15th. From what I've read about this group, although it may have started out as a noble political cause, has attracted the dregs of society which includes neonazis (National Alliance), redneck civil war relics, KKKers, armed vigilantes and every other sociopathic cult that has trouble fitting in anywhere.

Most of these groups aren't really "anti-government." They're just, as you described them, anti-this-particular-government: the Obama administration.

KKKers, for example, loved the government when it was keeping blacks "in their place" with Jim Crow laws.

???

Most of these groups aren't really "anti-government." They're just, as you described them, anti-this-particular-government: the Obama administration.

KKKers, for example, loved the government when it was keeping blacks "in their place" with Jim Crow laws.

Yep.

Forum List

Back