Someone help with this

Captain Ron

Si Vis Pacis Para Bellum
Mar 31, 2009
I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

Good question, I keep hearing about this but so far there is damn little out as far as the nuts and bolts on how it will work. Given how poorly the public schools have done in carrying out their attempts to make us all card carrying leftists, I'm not sure exactly how well this will work or even if it is possible for it to work.

Germany is one Place the US is quite another.

Good question, I keep hearing about this but so far there is damn little out as far as the nuts and bolts on how it will work. Given how poorly the public schools have done in carrying out their attempts to make us all card carrying leftists, I'm not sure exactly how well this will work or even if it is possible for it to work.

Germany is one Place the US is quite another.

I too, have heard something about this several monthas ago.
I tell you what I did hear, was a group of students who had some kind of pro Obama chant. That did sound like a paramilitary group. It did send a red flag up for me when I heard it.

Black-Panthers-Led8oct06d.jpg

Ring any bells

I'm new so bear with me while I learn the ropes. A friend of mine ask me to google the words; national civil defense force. When I did I read many articles about a group of civilians that would be a paramilitary force that was organized by the Obama Administration to act as the group to enforce laws. It sounded very much like this was trying to circumvent the constutional prohibition of using the military to enforce civil law.

1) is this in fact a real law that's being introduced in congress under the radar?

2) Does anyone see anything wrong to have a national "defense force" that is under the department of Homeland Security? It very much reminds me of the Nazi youth movement and will kids be tutnng their parents that disagree with Obama?

The budget Obama just signed contained for the formation of a study group on the feasibility of compulsory public service by the young, and older people trained public services such as emergency reaction skills.

The exact services have yet to be defined.

If it smells, looks and sounds like a Nazi Youth organization .....:eusa_whistle:

The budget Obama just signed contained for the formation of a study group on the feasibility of compulsory public service by the young, and older people trained public services such as emergency reaction skills.

If it smells, looks and sounds like a Nazi Youth organization .....:eusa_whistle:

Possibly the scariest stuff being considered.

Die Obama Jugend. Jawohl!!! :eek:

This is the letter I received from my senator today. It looks like so much gobbledy-gook, but appears to be the official line they're handing out. It sure would have been nice had the letter actually answered my question which was, "Have you actually read the U.S Constitution and can you show me where in that document the federal government is empowered to regulate and fund volunteerism?".

March 31, 2009

Dear ,

Thanks for getting in touch with me and letting me know what's on your mind regarding national and community service.

In March 2009, the Senate voted 79 - 19 to pass the Serve America Act, which extends and expands domestic service opportunities and sets the goal of creating opportunities for 250,000 volunteers over the next five years. These volunteers will use service work to address challenges such as tackling the dropout crisis and strengthening our schools, improving energy efficiency and safeguarding the environment.

I voted for the Serve America Act because it will help empower those who wish to serve their community through volunteering at the state or local level. National and community service has a long and proud tradition in the fabric of America. I am glad that we are improving and expanding the opportunities for voluntary service, and I am particularly pleased that we are expanding the ability of Teach for America - a program in which recent college graduates commit two years to teach in inner-city and rural public schools - to participate in our nation's schools through the new Education Corps.

I have heard from many Tennesseans expressing their concerns that these programs will create a mandatory service requirement. In our country, no one is compelled to give service and this bill will not change that. All service will be strictly voluntary. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know where you stand and I'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as these issues are debated here in Washington and Tennessee.

Sincerely,

Lamar

This is the letter I received from my senator today. It looks like so much gobbledy-gook, but appears to be the official line they're handing out. It sure would have been nice had the letter actually answered my question which was, "Have you actually read the U.S Constitution and can you show me where in that document the federal government is empowered to regulate and fund volunteerism?".

March 31, 2009

Dear ,

Thanks for getting in touch with me and letting me know what's on your mind regarding national and community service.

In March 2009, the Senate voted 79 - 19 to pass the Serve America Act, which extends and expands domestic service opportunities and sets the goal of creating opportunities for 250,000 volunteers over the next five years. These volunteers will use service work to address challenges such as tackling the dropout crisis and strengthening our schools, improving energy efficiency and safeguarding the environment.

I voted for the Serve America Act because it will help empower those who wish to serve their community through volunteering at the state or local level. National and community service has a long and proud tradition in the fabric of America. I am glad that we are improving and expanding the opportunities for voluntary service, and I am particularly pleased that we are expanding the ability of Teach for America - a program in which recent college graduates commit two years to teach in inner-city and rural public schools - to participate in our nation's schools through the new Education Corps.

I have heard from many Tennesseans expressing their concerns that these programs will create a mandatory service requirement. In our country, no one is compelled to give service and this bill will not change that. All service will be strictly voluntary. I appreciate your taking the time to let me know where you stand and I'll be sure to keep your comments in mind as these issues are debated here in Washington and Tennessee.

Sincerely,

Lamar

If it's a requirement to graduate how is it not a mandatory thing? If our children are required by law to go to their schools how is this not a mandatory thing?

Let me take this to it's logical extreme: Obama is gonna arm kids 18 - 25 with M4's and put them on the streets to enforce laws after training them for three months? Who indroctinates these kids? This is insane and Rham Emanuel thinks it's funny and blows off questions about it. He obviously thinks these people are gonna do the bidding of Obama.

What he will likely accomplish is to start a civil war.

The Left does NOT care. They think they are smarter then everyone else and so do not have any problem breaking the law, violating the Constitution or becoming Fascists, since, according to them it is all in our best interest.

Let me take this to it's logical extreme: Obama is gonna arm kids 18 - 25 with M4's and put them on the streets to enforce laws after training them for three months? Who indroctinates these kids? This is insane and Rham Emanuel thinks it's funny and blows off questions about it. He obviously thinks these people are gonna do the bidding of Obama.

:cuckoo: This belongs in conspiracy theories.

No it doesn't. Obama and this administration ARE working on THIS. No Conspiracy at all. He made a major campaign Speech about JUST this. Or are you admitting he lied? Are you calling the Senator that said the Senate passed a bill on this LIED? Are you calling Obama's Chief of Staff a LIAR?

Just curious?

No it doesn't. Obama and this administration ARE working on THIS. No Conspiracy at all. He made a major campaign Speech about JUST this. Or are you admitting he lied? Are you calling the Senator that said the Senate passed a bill on this LIED? Are you calling Obama's Chief of Staff a LIAR?

Just curious?
No, you're the liar. A voluntary program to serve the community or to create something like a national neighborhood crime watch isn't putting people on the streets with automatic weapons. Ass.

Just curious?
No, you're the liar. A voluntary program to serve the community or to create something like a national neighborhood crime watch isn't putting people on the streets with automatic weapons. Ass.

ONLY ONE post says that you moron. So much for your conspiracy theory. If the criteria for conspiracy is that a thread that is about actual events has ONE thread that may not be provably it is a conspiracy then well we don't need any other forum, now do we?

The only ASS here is your moronic one.

Just curious?
No ... they are already on the streets with automatic weapons ... just trained NOW!

18 - 25 isnt old in my book.

Inner city and rural ... what rural kids will be able to "volunteer" and what after hour bus runs out their way? Inner city .... ahhh not a conspiracy theory, but simple way to get something done with out actually saying it.

Forum List

Back