someone has to be wrong

no--you do not have proof at all--plain and simple = not true--not real
let's be real here--there are no spirits/etc as you claim
Like I said it is your prerogative to believe that. As for me and my household we believe it is most definitely real and we have enough proof for ourselves. Again it is you that is lacking.
if no proof---not real--plain and simple
believe --yes you believe--that's all there is
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

be·lief
/bəˈlēf/
  1. an acceptance that a statement is true or that something exists.
    "his belief in the value of hard work"
  2. trust, faith, or confidence in someone or something.

I believe that Jesus Christ lived, was dead and buried, and rose again from the dead. I believe this on good evidence from the time AND on other evidence. If I am wrong, I am dead in my sins and my faith is in vain. The Bible says so.

It is not a "feeling". Christianity is not based on a "feeling".
So Jesus is a zombie? That's pretty COOL!!!!!

Maybe you can not argue like a 12 year old who would rather stay in bed than go to church for once. But in my experience very, very, VERY few God-haters ever make it past the nah nah nah nah boo boo stage of atheism.

It's embarrassing, for you.

That's the most true post I've read all day. They are literally like angry, defiant children, rebelling against and thinking they know more than big bad mom and dad!

(some more than others, *cough*Taz*cough*)

Like I said it is your prerogative to believe that. As for me and my household we believe it is most definitely real and we have enough proof for ourselves. Again it is you that is lacking.
re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

be·lief
/bəˈlēf/

I believe that Jesus Christ lived, was dead and buried, and rose again from the dead. I believe this on good evidence from the time AND on other evidence. If I am wrong, I am dead in my sins and my faith is in vain. The Bible says so.

Maybe you can not argue like a 12 year old who would rather stay in bed than go to church for once. But in my experience very, very, VERY few God-haters ever make it past the nah nah nah nah boo boo stage of atheism.

That's the most true post I've read all day. They are literally like angry, defiant children, rebelling against and thinking they know more than big bad mom and dad!

And yet you are the freak running around telling everyone they have to accept your magical horseshit under threat. Like a drunken dad with no credibility.

re·li·gion
/rəˈlijən/

be·lief
/bəˈlēf/

And yet you are the freak running around telling everyone they have to accept your magical horseshit under threat. Like a drunken dad with no credibility.

Oh really, can you post a quote of mine where I threatened you or forced you to accept anything? I'll wait.

Oh really, can you post a quote of mine where I threatened you or forced you to accept anything? I'll wait.
Of course, you have threatened me with magical punishment in the afterlife more than once. Don't be shy. Let the crazy flow through you.

Of course, you have threatened me with magical punishment in the afterlife more than once. Don't be shy. Let the crazy flow through you.

No post, I see. But now I'm beginning to understand where your hatred and paranoia comes from.

No post, I see. But now I'm beginning to understand where your hatred and paranoia comes from.
So, you deny that you uave told me I will find out the hard way? Or that I will pay for my mistake?

Thats a yes or no question. Go on, i want to see if you will double down, before I spoonfeed you your own posts.

Yes or no?

So, you deny that you uave told me I will find out the hard way? Or that I will pay for my mistake?

Thats a yes or no question. Go on, i want to see if you will double down, before I spoonfeed you your own posts.

Yes or no?

You're changing my words. I have said, "You'll see." (Everyone will, not just you.) You're adding on to my words and reading into them by making that into a threat, which just proves your paranoia and hatred.

I have said, "You'll see."

What is it I will "see", if i dont adopt your beliefs? Go on, let the crazy flow through you. I suppose i will have to treat you like a child and connect the dots for you.

What's crazy is to think that all of existence put itself together by dumb luck. And I already know how you're going to reply to that, so don't bother. It really does boil down to chance, or dumb luck, in your worldview.

As for what I meant by "you'll see," I simply meant that you will see that God exists. Everyone will. Don't add on to my words, or try to twist that into something terrible. I have no way of knowing what your particular future holds, you could become a Christian a year from now, for all I know. I was once a hardcore unbeliever too, and I truly NEVER thought that I'd be a Christian. In fact, in my 20's if you would've told me that someday I'd be not only a born again Christian but involved with world missions, I would've laughed in your face and told you you were crazy. None of us know what our own future holds.

I don't believe in sin either. I just don't think that something is true or not true simply because of what I believe
But there is the elephant in the room of false equivalence in your unqualified statement.

I will assume you don't believe that rainbow unicorns make ice cream in the 6th dimension. Or in leprechauns, or in the tooth fairy.

You proceed through life as if these things are false, whether you want to admit it or not. So, in the end, what is the difference between declaring them false, and not? There isn't any, save for in an esoteric philosophical discussion.

Now, consider the claim that a new antibiotic can cure a specific strain of Lyme Disease. The evidence thus far is sparse, but we can continue testing this claim.

Surely you don't place this claim on the same shelf as a claim of rainbow unicorns making ice cream in the 6th dimension. For one, we have a way of testing its truth. Second, it is plausible and requires no magic.

"Sin" is more fantastic than rainbow unicorns. Look at all of the other extraordinary, magical claims that must also be true for "sin" to be true.

I have no idea whether there are rainbow unicorns. I can say that there do not appear to be any on this planet, but it is the only planet I have been on. I can't speak to the rest of the universe. As to sin, the way it is being expressed here requires the judgement of some sort of god, and I have no idea whether or not such a thing exists.

For science to apply you need some sort of observable evidence, otherwise the rules of science simply do not work. Since there is an absence of evidence, science does not do us any good in arriving at any conclusions - either positive or negative.

As so your claim of a false equivalence, there is none. Unless you can present some evidence (which I have yet to see) both sides of the issue are completely equal. The only thing which tips the scales to either side is preference - iow belief.

I'm not the least bit upset.

yeah,,,you are........

I will not STFU
yeah........you eventually wil....

The church is the real fraud, I'm not actually hurting anyone with what I believe. Why does it bother you so much?
because it's true

Prove your side of the argument to be most logical. If not then bow out gracefully. Don't make inaccurate age assertions. That causes me to question your other assertions.
Yoda would agree

You would only need to list two at a time -- one each from two different religions -- and show they preclude each other.
few have the hp....

You're changing my words.

They have a history of it

~S~

So, by the above exercise, it's academic that only one or none of the religions may be 'all true'.

So, how do we decide which one? Or, that none of them are true?

We can't. There is no good method to tell which is true and which is false. And this is where scientists check out.

What are you even on about now? You realize religion is not decided by science right? As to your above, you still have not arrived at any arbitration of truth at all.

Note: and yesterday I was the one who was accused of being "upset".

Projection and gaslighting: the atheist bread and butter

only one religion can be right, correct? ..that means the others are wrong--correct?

As I always say, "thats the great mystery, we are all going to find out someday".

Just do the best you can on earth and decide for yourself what seems most probable, or not.

What's crazy is to think that all of existence put itself together by dumb luck.
Maybe that's crazy to you. Much more crazy is inventing a magical sky daddy to explain it. You're just substituting one mystery for another, then pretending the mystery is solved. Lame.

Forum List

Back