Someone FINALLY got it right!!!

Lutroo

May 29, 2016
If you are a gamer, you have to see this! Someone is finally creating a MMO that I would love to play. This is something completely unique. These guys will turn the gaming industry on it's head. The game is on kickstarter, right now. Their vision is a thing of beauty. You really need to see this. I plan on backing this game, as I believe in their mission.

Chronicles of Elyria - Epic Story MMORPG with Aging & Death

If you are a gamer, you have to see this! Someone is finally creating a MMO that I would love to play.

I don't get it. Does "MMO" mean something other than "music minus one"? :dunno:
Watch the video.

Not gonna happen -- can't think of a bigger waste of time than video games.

But wait, I do remember what else MMO means ----

header_logo.png

If you are a gamer, you have to see this! Someone is finally creating a MMO that I would love to play.

Watch the video.

header_logo.png

Pheh...I play some games. Not a lot, just a few games on Steam.
It is not a waste of time if you enjoy it...if done right, it is also a great stress reliever.

Watch the video.

header_logo.png

As a gamer I obviously disagree. Really though? You don't know what an MMO is? Massively Multiplayer Online in case you haven't looked it up. Try one. You might enjoy.

If you are a gamer, you have to see this! Someone is finally creating a MMO that I would love to play. This is something completely unique. These guys will turn the gaming industry on it's head. The game is on kickstarter, right now. Their vision is a thing of beauty. You really need to see this. I plan on backing this game, as I believe in their mission.

I think it does look pretty cool. Might try if it gets to beta or something. There are definitely some aspects they will have to smooth out. I don't know that it's wise to have such an ironman mode aspect to it for example. Put a bunch of work into things you can lose (?) after 10-14 months or 100 years in game. It is still in development though so... The overall ideas sound like something I would like.

Watch the video.

header_logo.png

As a gamer I obviously disagree. Really though? You don't know what an MMO is? Massively Multiplayer Online in case you haven't looked it up. Try one. You might enjoy.

I think it does look pretty cool. Might try if it gets to beta or something. There are definitely some aspects they will have to smooth out. I don't know that it's wise to have such an ironman mode aspect to it for example. Put a bunch of work into things you can lose (?) after 10-14 months or 100 years in game. It is still in development though so... The overall ideas sound like something I would like.
You don't really lose everything. You have a soul tied to your character. If you die from old age, you are reincarnated. I kinda like the perma kill thing. I mean, think about it. You're telling a story. Stories have endings. It really does get boring, playing the same toon forever.

Watch the video.

header_logo.png

You don't really lose everything. You have a soul tied to your character. If you die from old age, you are reincarnated. I kinda like the perma kill thing. I mean, think about it. You're telling a story. Stories have endings. It really does get boring, playing the same toon forever.
I really like the idea of the contracts too. Keep people from ripping you off for services rendered.

Watch the video.

header_logo.png

I really like the idea of the contracts too. Keep people from ripping you off for services rendered.
A lot of things to like about this game. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. It's a game played on your computer (or, in some rare cases, on a gaming console). The unique thing about a MMO is that it is "persistent"--that is, action continues to happen in the world even when you're not there playing. Unlike a regular computer game, where you only control 1 character & everything else is computer-controlled and -generated, in a MMO you'll be playing alongside other players from all over the world. It's not uncommon to be playing with people from different states, all at the same time--in fact, depending on what time of day you're playing, you could be playing with people from other countries! Another acronym for MMO is MMORPG, or Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Think of Dungeons & Dragons--only played online. The whole thing sounds very complicated, but really isn't.

One important thing to remember about playing a MMO is that you're not done when you purchase the software. The vast majority of them are subscription-based; you must pay a regular amount per month in order to access the game servers, without which you will be unable to play.

MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online game. It's a game played on your computer (or, in some rare cases, on a gaming console). The unique thing about a MMO is that it is "persistent"--that is, action continues to happen in the world even when you're not there playing. Unlike a regular computer game, where you only control 1 character & everything else is computer-controlled and -generated, in a MMO you'll be playing alongside other players from all over the world. It's not uncommon to be playing with people from different states, all at the same time--in fact, depending on what time of day you're playing, you could be playing with people from other countries! Another acronym for MMO is MMORPG, or Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game. Think of Dungeons & Dragons--only played online. The whole thing sounds very complicated, but really isn't.

One important thing to remember about playing a MMO is that you're not done when you purchase the software. The vast majority of them are subscription-based; you must pay a regular amount per month in order to access the game servers, without which you will be unable to play.
There are also many that are free to play. They make money from micro transactions, mostly cosmetic things that don't give you an edge over others. Like a mount, or a fancy costume. Stay away from games that are pay to win. These are also free, but the things you can buy give you a huge advantage over other players. A third category is pay to get faster. You can get anything in the game just by playing. It just takes longer.

Forum List

Back