Someone explain why the former British spy went to McCain with this dossier...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I was going to write up a lengthy discussion about this leak and how unfeasible and difficult it would be to cultivate Trump for five years, but I think it goes without saying this would have been a longshot at best for Russia.

The one question I have though, is why would a former British spy feel the need to go to McCain with this information? Wouldn't he feel more comfortable going directly to the U.S government or his own British colleagues?

I was going to write up a lengthy discussion about this leak and how unfeasible and difficult it would be to cultivate Trump for five years, but I think it goes without saying this would have been a longshot at best for Russia.

The one question I have though, is why would a former British spy feel the need to go to McCain with this information? Wouldn't he feel more comfortable going directly to the U.S government or his own British colleagues?

It's the Political Class as a behind the scenes power structure fighting to maintain itself.

There was no former British spy.

CNN reported that a former Mi5 or Mi6 agent had sources in the FSB and that is how this information was originally obtained. This agent was known to be credible so this is why U.S agents took it seriously.

During the primary, Republican never Trumpers paid this private detective to phony up claims against Trump. Then Trump cleared the primary room and the republicans decided against using the fake news.

The private investigator then offered it for sale to democrats. In October, David Corn of Mother Jones sent up a little trial balloon that went nowhere.

Saying you paid for it. You own it the file of fake was given to Never Trumper John McCain who decided, on his own, to use it. He gave it to BuzzFeed and the intel agencies.

The intel agencies wrote up a two page memo telling Trump and obama that this story was about to break and Buzz Feed broke it.

Forum List

Back