someofobamacareisprettygood

Ah, but it is! As I mentioned in the OP: By abandoning every single piece of the ACA the Republicans aren't just ditching the big-ticket items I mentioned above, they're also abandoning numerous provisions originally pitched in Republican health care bills over the last 3 years (indeed, the language from those Republican bills was explicitly copied and pasted into the ACA on some occasions), as well as pieces that were new in the ACA but already endorsed by the Republican party.

Numerous Republican ideas were put into the affordable care act. Their legislative language on tort reform, their desire to allow health insurers to sell across state lines, their goal of making high deductible plans more prevalent, etc.

They've pretended there's nothing in there they like (certainly not the bulk of their own health agenda!), but in reality they know that even by their own standards "some of Obamacare is pretty good."

Some of it. Not the part that ended two college funds....or the part that forces churches to pay for birth control.....or the part that will end up forcing insurance companies out of business by raising the minimum amount they have to have on hand to pay only benefits......or the mandates.......etc.

I figure if they remove about 2200 pages it might be a good bill.

This is the problem is that goons like you think birth control more health benifits or making it so people cant game the system are bad things

Learn how to spell before you start calling other folks goons.

I agree that a few things in Obamacare are good. So what? Obamacare is still garbage. Sometimes a few items in the garbage are still edible. I don't suggest people start dining in dumpsters. It needs to be thrown out.

Plz list the things in Obamacare that are garbage

It would be a lot easier to list the things that aren't garbage.

To be honest, that's a tough one.

We had to pass it to find out what's in it......so I don't think anyone has read the whole darned thing.

We just keep getting these wonderful little surprises.

From what I've seen most of it doesn't even deal with health care.

I agree that a few things in Obamacare are good. So what? Obamacare is still garbage. Sometimes a few items in the garbage are still edible. I don't suggest people start dining in dumpsters. It needs to be thrown out.

It'd be like picking corn out of a cowpie.

We had to pass it to find out what's in it......so I don't think anyone has read the whole darned thing.

Yes clueless people like you will get surprised

But that was 2009-10 and this is 2012. The most vocal parts of the Republican party are the most radical and they're insistent that retaining or replicating any single piece of the ACA is unacceptable because that would in some way validate the ACA (and Obama--yuck!). And that's backing them into a bit of a corner.

Indeed, opposition to the ACA is about partisan politics, not the law or Constitution.

Numerous Republican ideas were put into the affordable care act. Their legislative language on tort reform, their desire to allow health insurers to sell across state lines, their goal of making high deductible plans more prevalent, etc.

They've pretended there's nothing in there they like (certainly not the bulk of their own health agenda!), but in reality they know that even by their own standards "some of Obamacare is pretty good."

True, they’ve painted themselves into a political corner: when the ACA is invalidated by the Court next month the voters will expect the GOP to offer a replacement, that the right is trying now at the last minute to cobble something together is proof of that.

When a successful legal challenge to the ACA didn’t seem possible, House leaders could appease the radical right by attempting to ‘repeal’ the ACA, knowing the Senate wouldn’t follow through. Now that they know the ACA will be indeed struck down, House leadership has gone into panic mode.

Be careful what you wish for…

This level of intellectual laziness really isn't defensible at this point. There are at least a half-dozen comprehensive summaries of the law out there.

The single best is the section-by-section summary that, as the name suggests, describes what's in every single section of the legislation. It's time to start forming your own opinions.

Well unless you have read every word and have a complete understanding of the deceptive language the bill contains I would have to say you're clueless as well, thus full of crapola.

Well unless you have read every word and have a complete understanding of the deceptive language the bill contains I would have to say you're clueless as well, thus full of crapola.

You dont have to read the whole bill all you ahve to do is read something but that is impossible fort idiots like you
I mean you are 100% ignornat of the billa nd you oppose it why? because you are a partisan hack who lets Glenn Beck think for you

New Topics

Forum List

Back