Somebody Needs To Snatch Up Jeff Fisher Like Yesterday

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
fisherpresser012811.jpg

Jeff Fisher is a great coach. The only thing holding him back has been an owner that doesn't know personnel. Out of 16 seasons the Titans/Oilers have had 6 winning seasons under Fisher.

You see the problem is Fisher has no say in who they trade for or draft. Now if he has some say in the process and a General Manager with an eye for talent Fisher would have won at least one or two Super Bowls by now, maybe more.

The Titans are notorious for getting players in the lower rounds but their top picks usually don't stick with the team for long. The best players they've gotten are Chris Johnson and Eddie George. That's it!! Even Steve McNair was a total adventure. A guy with talent but no head for the game.

Everyone remembers the Pacman Jones debacle, or that fat SOB they shipped off to Washington who promptly said he wasn't gonna play in the 3-4. (Albert Haynesworth) He's the only player listed as a Defensive Tackle on the team. Everybody else is ether a Defensive End or a Nose-Tackle. Defensive Tackle doesn't exist in a 3-4 Defense and Shanahan only plays a 3-4. So Washington declared him inactive and wants to farm him off to someone else.

The Titans draft talented players but most of them are a head-case. So now, not only will the talent level suffer but the coaching as well.

I suspect that Fisher is burnt out. He's always going into games undermanned, but never out coached. I think he'll latch on in a season or two as a defensive coordinator or maybe even a head coach. Truth is, those SOBs in the front office decided to wait till every other team had already filled their Head Coaching needs before they released Fisher.

Friggen Assholes. All I can say is :gs:

Fuck the Titans.

Right now most of the teams in the league would love to have Fisher but everyone is committed to the guys they've hired.

I'm sure there's openings but he's over qualified for most of them. Positions like Special Teams coach, Linebacker coach, Defensive Backfield coach.

Last edited:
The guy is a top five coach

He would provide stability and direction to any franchise.

49ers?
Denver?
Carolina?

49ers?
Denver?
Carolina?

the 49ers already got Jim Harbaugh who will do a much better job the Singletary did but yeah Denver and Carolina should snatch him up immediately if they are smart..

49ers?
Denver?
Carolina?

the 49ers already got Jim Harbaugh who will do a much better job the Singletary did but yeah Denver and Carolina should snatch him up immediately if they are smart..

Forgot that niners already hired

Just as long as he doesn't go to Oakland

No need to worry about that.Davis promoted their defensive coordinater I think his name is Hue Jackson,not sure,but I do know it was their defensive coordinater he hired.

49ers?
Denver?
Carolina?

<PRE>
Year Tm W L Notes
1994 Houston Oilers 1 5
1995 Houston Oilers 7 9
1996 Houston Oilers 8 8
1997 Tennessee Oilers 8 8
1998 Tennessee Oilers 8 8
1999 Tennessee Titans 13 3 AFC Champions
2000 Tennessee Titans 13 3
2001 Tennessee Titans 7 9
2002 Tennessee Titans 11 5
2003 Tennessee Titans 12 4
2004 Tennessee Titans 5 11
2005 Tennessee Titans 4 12
2006 Tennessee Titans 8 8
2007 Tennessee Titans 10 6
2008 Tennessee Titans 13 3
2009 Tennessee Titans 8 8
2010 Tennessee Titans 6 10
17 yrs 142 120 Avg Finish
</PRE>

Well, his record is long but not that impressive really; 6 winning records out of 16 full seasons. Less than 1/2 the time he posted a winning record. I don't know how that qualifies him for being a top 5 coach; no Super Bowls obviously.

I would call him a successful coach because of his record being 22 wins over 500; he knows what he is doing. But someone like Dennis Green actually had a better winning percentage. Mike Shanahan is 50 games over 500 for his career.

I think he would do any team proud but somehow longevity has translated into greatness. I don't think that is or should be the case anyway.

Forum List

Back