Some want US debt to be paid off

marcusjohn

Rookie
Nov 19, 2012
Requesting the Obama administration to . . . pay off the national debt.

If we don't deal with the national debt now, it is likely to come crashing down on our children, so ask us as a nation to bite the bullet and deal with the national debt immediately.

I couldn't believe that there was no petition like this on the whitehouse.gov petitions page! So I created one with the wording you see above. It's a good time for such a petition since so many people are discovering the whitehouse.gov petition board right now. But all those people won't see it unless a few of you follow the following links to sign the petition (it requires 250 signers before it becomes visible on the website).

They gave me a short link and a long one:
Short URL:
http://wh.gov/X81K
Save and Share this URL:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/pay-national-debt/CLFGvWpk

Please use either link and sign to show that some people are interested in doing the right thing with our national debt! And comment on this too, to make it "hot."

Well, there goes my opinion of your sanity...

Let Republicans pay back their part and Democrats pay back their part.

I don't think you commiecrats could handle 80% of 16T.

Your numbers are comical to say the least, but that goes right along with the OP who is obviously off his rocker. Anybody that knows anything about this type of debt knows that it will never be paid off like a car loan or home mortgage is paid off. More likely than anything else, we cut the yearly deficit to a manageable amount so the debt begins to decrease as a percentage of GDP. Eventually, the debt becomes very small as a percentage of GDP and then can be easily funded. The real problem is continuing to let the debt escalate by more than the rate of growth in GDP.

Okay, give us some "credible" proof of each party's creation of the debt. Don't get a headache...

Just do a google search and see how long the commiecrats have controlled congress. Even the hated Bush never vetoed commiecrat spending till the end of his term.

Okay, give us some "credible" proof of each party's creation of the debt. Don't get a headache...

Just do a google search and see how long the commiecrats have controlled congress. Even the hated Bush never vetoed commiecrat spending till the end of his term.

As I recall, Republican Presidents have had the power of the pen to veto many of those budgets, if they didn't agree with them. Pull your head out of the sand and get into the game; we got here with both Dems and Republicans overspending. Reagan increased the size of government more than any president since Roosevelt. Obama has increased the least by far.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

Your numbers are comical to say the least, but that goes right along with the OP who is obviously off his rocker. Anybody that knows anything about this type of debt knows that it will never be paid off like a car loan or home mortgage is paid off. More likely than anything else, we cut the yearly deficit to a manageable amount so the debt begins to decrease as a percentage of GDP. Eventually, the debt becomes very small as a percentage of GDP and then can be easily funded. The real problem is continuing to let the debt escalate by more than the rate of growth in GDP.

And yet you voted for Obama that has done just that. No?

Obama has increases spending less than any president since Eisenhower. Reagan was the biggest spender of all. You can't just say damned be the facts.

The link gives a fair shake at who the biggest spenders have been. Some of it is very favorable to Obama, some of it not.

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Which President Is the Biggest Spender of All? - Forbes

As I recall, Republican Presidents have had the power of the pen to veto many of those budgets, if they didn't agree with them. Pull your head out of the sand and get into the game; we got here with both Dems and Republicans overspending. Reagan increased the size of government more than any president since Roosevelt. Obama has increased the least by far.

Who Is The Smallest Government Spender Since Eisenhower? Would You Believe It's Barack Obama? - Forbes

The size of government maybe, government spending, not so much. Maobama raised the federal base line 30%, why do you think the commiecrats won't do another budget, they would be forced to reduce it.

The size of government maybe, government spending, not so much. Maobama raised the federal base line 30%, why do you think the commiecrats won't do another budget, they would be forced to reduce it.

The incoming president has very limited liability to the current year budget. When Obama came into office in 2009, the 2009 budget had already received GW's stamp of approval. GW forced the spending higher, not Obama.

Obama has increases spending less than any president since Eisenhower. Reagan was the biggest spender of all. You can't just say damned be the facts.

The link gives a fair shake at who the biggest spenders have been. Some of it is very favorable to Obama, some of it not.

Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall, Which President Is the Biggest Spender of All? - Forbes

Your premise was "The real problem is continuing to let the debt escalate by more than the rate of growth in GDP."

Obama didn't run against Bush.

Also, your link attributes FY 2009 spending to Bush which is actually owned by Obama since Bush's appropriations were only through March of 2009.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h110-2638

Last edited:

The incoming president has very limited liability to the current year budget. When Obama came into office in 2009, the 2009 budget had already received GW's stamp of approval. GW forced the spending higher, not Obama.

Maobama approved the expanded schips and stimulus which raised spending about 1.3 Trillion over the Bush final budget. Then the 2010 budget, the last one, that the dem congress and Maobama passed jacked up everything. Bushes largest budget deficit was 400 billion, not 1.2 trillion like Maobamas have been.

Yep. He's spent more that all the other Presidents combined.

What a guy.

Hope he enjoys the WH when the whole thing comes crashing down.

Maobama approved the expanded schips and stimulus which raised spending about 1.3 Trillion over the Bush final budget. Then the 2010 budget, the last one, that the dem congress and Maobama passed jacked up everything. Bushes largest budget deficit was 400 billion, not 1.2 trillion like Maobamas have been.

Maobama? Commiecrats? Got any other cool, made up words? How about this one? The Lone Star Shithole.

Forum List

Back