Some US troops question Woodruff coverage

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
In Iraq, and throughout the military, there is sympathy and concern for anchor Bob Woodruff and cameraman Doug Vogt, but there is also this question:

""Why do you think this is such a huge story?" wrote an officer stationed in Baqubah, Iraq, Monday via e-mail. "It's a bit stunning to us over here how absolutely dominant the story is on every network and front page. I mean, you'd think we lost the entire 1st Marine Division or something.

http://www.upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060131-041958-8164r

i agree with the lads.....

manu1959 said:
In Iraq, and throughout the military, there is sympathy and concern for anchor Bob Woodruff and cameraman Doug Vogt, but there is also this question:

""Why do you think this is such a huge story?" wrote an officer stationed in Baqubah, Iraq, Monday via e-mail. "It's a bit stunning to us over here how absolutely dominant the story is on every network and front page. I mean, you'd think we lost the entire 1st Marine Division or something.

http://www.upi.com/SecurityTerrorism/view.php?StoryID=20060131-041958-8164r

i agree with the lads.....

The answer is obvious. They are the media. The media loves to report on the media. It also has the side benefit of allowing the MSM to say "See, we are not winning the war in Iraq...Bush has failed!"

not unlike showing the lil poor kid with an empty rice bowl. So why didn't the photographer give him a sandwich? Because it is about getting your point across...nothing else matters.

If you check out the milbloggers, you will see they are questioning why there is not coverage of the military wounded, that are clamoring to return to their units. While the MSM has been very happy to put out front what they perceive to be 'disillusioned' military KIA/Wounded, several times proven unfounded 'disillusionment', they are not so good at reporting on those brave men and women such as GW highlighted last evening in the SOTU address.