Some thoughts.

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h1><a href=http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=irKQL0NSE&b=275581>Merry Effing Christmas!</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>With the budget deficit growing and President Bush promising to reduce spending, the administration has told representatives of several charities that it was unable to honor some earlier promises and would have money to pay for food only in emergency crises like that in Darfur, in western Sudan. The cutbacks, estimated by some charities at up to $100 million, come at a time when the number of hungry in the world is rising for the first time in years and all food programs are being stretched.</blockquote>

Perhaps if Dubbyuh could tap his corporate pimps and johns for some cash for aiding those in need rather than having sumptuous inaugurals topping the $40 million mark, he wouldn't have to cut this aid. Or perhaps if he rolled back a <i><b>tiny fraction</b></i> of the $89 billion in tax cuts he wants to make permanent, he wouldn't have to cut food aid.

But no, it is more important to bow and scrape to the money machine that is politics today than it is to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, give shelter to the homeless, clothe the naked, comfort the sick, or ease the torment of the imprisoned. So much for Christian virtue. It's just another tool in the political bag to be trotted out when the opinion polls drop.

Dubbyuh's religious conversion was one of convenience, not conviction. Were it otherwise, we would see it reflected in his words and actions, but all we hear are words unsupported by action or conviction.

So, despite the horrors we see loosed upon the world, and my being non-Christian, I ask all who read this to remember the true meaning of Christmas...I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

So its up to the government to feed people now? I was under the impression that people could do that from the goodness of their own hearts. if liberals are worried about the people being fed why not raise money for them instead of whining about the budget cuts and advocating we rob people to pay for their failed social experiments? Tax payer money isnt supposed to go to feeding the poor of other nations thats what nonprofit charity organizations such as churches are for. the governments only real responsibility is national security. Again you fail to look at the long term. if we feed the people now while neglecting to defend ourselves who is going to feed them when we are dead?

Again its not the governments responsibility to feed others. its the people's responsibility. particularly the people who are hungry to feed themselves.

Also how is eliminating the tax cut and putting us back in a recession going to help our economy or help us have enough money to feed the poor? Its just going to create more poor people to feed with less wealth to feed them with. Please bully take a high school econ class one of these days youre economic knowledge is rather embarassing.

Side note: i notice you are now hitting and running on another thread without dealing with the problems thrown up about your analysis in previous ones. If this is the best you can do its rather sad.

So its up to the government to feed people now? I was under the impression that people could do that from the goodness of their own hearts. if liberals are worried about the people being fed why not raise money for them instead of whining about the budget cuts and advocating we rob people to pay for their failed social experiments? Tax payer money isnt supposed to go to feeding the poor of other nations thats what nonprofit charity organizations such as churches are for. the governments only real responsibility is national security. Again you fail to look at the long term. if we feed the people now while neglecting to defend ourselves who is going to feed them when we are dead?

Again its not the governments responsibility to feed others. its the people's responsibility. particularly the people who are hungry to feed themselves.

Also how is eliminating the tax cut and putting us back in a recession going to help our economy or help us have enough money to feed the poor? Its just going to create more poor people to feed with less wealth to feed them with. Please bully take a high school econ class one of these days youre economic knowledge is rather embarassing.

Side note: i notice you are now hitting and running on another thread without dealing with the problems thrown up about your analysis in previous ones. If this is the best you can do its rather sad.
LMAO....Bully tries to get everone's goat...lol.. it is Christmas time... :) ...dont let him get to ya today...LOL....
Jeff

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://www.kintera.org/site/pp.asp?c=irKQL0NSE&b=275581>Merry Effing Christmas!</a></h1></center>

<blockquote>With the budget deficit growing and President Bush promising to reduce spending, the administration has told representatives of several charities that it was unable to honor some earlier promises and would have money to pay for food only in emergency crises like that in Darfur, in western Sudan. The cutbacks, estimated by some charities at up to $100 million, come at a time when the number of hungry in the world is rising for the first time in years and all food programs are being stretched.</blockquote>

Perhaps if Dubbyuh could tap his corporate pimps and johns for some cash for aiding those in need rather than having sumptuous inaugurals topping the $40 million mark, he wouldn't have to cut this aid. Or perhaps if he rolled back a <i><b>tiny fraction</b></i> of the $89 billion in tax cuts he wants to make permanent, he wouldn't have to cut food aid.

But no, it is more important to bow and scrape to the money machine that is politics today than it is to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, give shelter to the homeless, clothe the naked, comfort the sick, or ease the torment of the imprisoned. So much for Christian virtue. It's just another tool in the political bag to be trotted out when the opinion polls drop.

Dubbyuh's religious conversion was one of convenience, not conviction. Were it otherwise, we would see it reflected in his words and actions, but all we hear are words unsupported by action or conviction.

So, despite the horrors we see loosed upon the world, and my being non-Christian, I ask all who read this to remember the true meaning of Christmas...I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
Im curious bully-if you're not a christian, just what do you think the real meaning of Christmas is?

Jeff & Laura said:
LMAO....Bully tries to get everone's goat...lol.. it is Christmas time... :) ...dont let him get to ya today...LOL....
Jeff

Just look at the picture he took of himself he's using for an avatar. How could anyone take anything a baboon like that has to say seriously?

Pale Rider said:
Just look at the picture he took of himself he's using for an avatar. How could anyone take anything a baboon like that has to say?
That's why they have that Ambush Makeover Show---I think bully is gonna experience an epiphany soon and run for office to stop the lib takeover attempt

dilloduck said:
That's why they have that Ambush Makeover Show---I think bully is gonna experience an epiphany soon and run for office to stop the lib takeover attempt

Maaannn..... the Christmas spirit sure has you thinking wishful thoughts aye dillo... :happy2:

i actually fully agree with bully on this one. these are proven organizations that are effective at helping people, especially those facing famine. Save The Children takes it one step further and teaches people effective farming techniques to grow their food in actual abundance. These people have been promised this money, gone to the trouble to hire staff and prepare everything, and now have to delay it all. Millions of people are affected, and one of America's greatest good works is tarnished.

Trust me, after all the pork in that budget bill they just passed, for Pres. Bush to do this is just sickening to me. This is not compassionate conservativism, nor is it good decision making.

How about we cut some money from useless programs like the Energy Dept. or the NEA (which can survive on private grants).?

Forum List

Back