Some Things Were Planned

LOIE

Gold Member
May 11, 2017
I continue to see posts saying that blacks are the most violent people and they share links they believe "prove it." I would like to have some things considered here. I've read the following in a book titled Slavery: The African American Psychic Trauma by Sultan A. Latif and Naimah Latif.

In the chapter, Economic Genocide: "African Americans seem to be forever on the bottom rung of the economic ladder of society. Collective economic power is determined by a people's control of the land. At the turn of the century, the steady exodus of black farmers to the northern cities was usually promoted by the promise of racial equality and better jobs. But segregation laws and practices were designed to keep blacks out of economic competition with whites. In many instances, white opposition to black skilled labor led to violence. Allan Spear, in his book Black Chicago: The Making of a Negro Ghetto 1890-1920, examines how a restricted job market created a permanent poor class of urban blacks:

Restricted to a lower economic bracket, the next challenge blacks faced was to obtain decent housing. Efforts were made to contain them into the designated "black areas." Spears states that black families moving into all-white neighborhoods often met with violence from neighbors. This forced blacks to stay within certain neighborhood boundaries. Real estate agents took advantage of the conditions which limited the housing choices for blacks. They frequently converted buildings in marginal neighborhoods from white to black and demanded rents 10-15 percent higher than had been paid by white tenants. African Americans, hired in the lowest paying jobs and forced to pay more for housing, were locked into a cycle of debt.

In the chapter, Prison, The New Slave System: "Although officials lament the spread of drugs, it is now an integral part of the American economy. Consider who gets paid: the farmer, the drug processor, the packager, the distributor and the dealer, all who make money from the sale of the product. Then there are the gun dealers, car dealers, pager companies, clothing store owners, jewelry store owners, and property owners, who benefit from the ready cash that the drug dealers have to spend for all the high status items that have become symbols of their trade.
And then the government law enforcement officials, plus the lawyers and judges make money from the ongoing arrests, prosecution and imprisonment of all those involved in the drug business. And the banks can certainly appreciate the cash flow from this underground economy. Those at the top of the business, the people who control the land, the shipping companies, the chemical processing plants, are rarely snatched from their cars, handcuffed and dragged off to jail by police. This seems to only happen to the small dealer, who is publicly arrested, jailed and sentenced in order to give the appearance of a "war on drugs."

Although many institutions profit from the menace of drugs and crime, IN ORDER TO KEEP IT FROM DESTROYING WHITE AMERICA, it must be contained within the black community...which itself must be contained, in order to be controlled.

In 1945, the 79th Congress' Subcommittee on Urban Affairs of the Joint Committee issued a report which helped solve the problem. They studied ways that black people could be contained in crowded living conditions and not spread out into the surrounding white community. Their conclusion states, "the main problem for us with the "enclaves" as it is now placed in the "sinks" is that its size is limited. When the Negro population increases at a rate the enclaves is unable to convert them...only two choices remain - territorial growth (more land) or overcrowding. And thus, the housing projects were born and spread throughout the country.

This committee report exposes an obvious truth: the overcrowded, violent, drug-infested black community is the consequence of a carefully laid-out plan to contain and control black people. Housing project residents, financially deprived and hungry are forced to live in filth because of poorly administered city clean-up services, not only become violent - with the aid of an abundance of sophisticated weapons of war, which somehow find their way into the housing projects, the residents become deadly.

Civic leaders speak out against crime, begging for more job programs for youth to keep them from gangs, pleading for more police patrol of neighborhoods to cut down on violence. BUT SELDOM IS THE QUESTION ASKED; WHERE ARE THESE YOUNG PEOPLE GETTING THE GUNS AND DRUGS? Certainly major shipments of processed drugs and sophisticated weaponry could not enter the country and circulate throughout major urban centers without the knowledge of top government officials. The drug problem is by no means confined to one race. But despite all the signs that this is an industry controlled by big business, THE MASS MEDIA CONTINUES TO PLACE BULK OF THE BLAME ON THE SHOULDERS OF POOR URBAN BLACKS."

On a personal level, I have to wonder, how much more can be done to a single group of people to demonize them? How much more can be done to a single group of people to blame them for society's problems? How much more can be done to a single group of people before they decide with Malcolm X that things must change, by any means necessary???

So basically you're saying that black people can't be held responsible for their own actions.

So basically you're saying that black people can't be held responsible for their own actions.
I'm saying and the author is saying that there have been systematic, government sanctioned roadblocks to their success at every turn. There are explanations, reasons for their actions, which I believe should be addressed. How about first holding the ones who put up the roadblocks responsible for their actions?

And in spite of all the efforts to keep black people "in their place" many have risen above. It's only the ones still struggling that get talked about all the time.

I'm saying and the author is saying that there have been systematic, government sanctioned roadblocks to their success at every turn. There are explanations, reasons for their actions, which I believe should be addressed. How about first holding the ones who put up the roadblocks responsible for their actions?

And in spite of all the efforts to keep black people "in their place" many have risen above. It's only the ones still struggling that get talked about all the time.

Sorry but I have plenty of obstacles preventing me from success but you don't see me going around shooting up the neighborhood and dealing drugs. I've never even been arrested.

Sorry but I have plenty of obstacles preventing me from success but you don't see me going around shooting up the neighborhood and dealing drugs. I've never even been arrested.
That's commendable. However, if you've never lived the life of a black person and experienced racial oppression, you won't be able to understand the frustration and desperation which leads some to illegal activities. While I do not condone negative choices, I do understand them.

White people facing stumbling blocks is different because we usually have more choices and when one door closes, another opens, or we have a network of support for help. Others find their choices limited and sometimes give up for lack of encouragement or help.

Forum List

Back