Some things really are like riding a bike

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So when I was a kid I took Guitar Lessons, and I always had an Acoustic Guitar I would mess around with up until My Wife got pregnant with the First kid. Never had an Electric but always wanted one. So Now that the kids are a little older and getting into Music I decided to get a new Guitar, and in my usual all or nothing Fashion what started out as a plan to get a simple Acoustic Guitar ended up with me getting not 1 but 2 Guitars, 1 Off Brand Strat, and an Electric Acoustic Resonator.

So the point of my story is this, Some things are not only like riding a bike, there even better.

When I last owned a Guitar I was ok, I could do little bits of songs, and play kids songs around the camp fire, I had almost no ear and could not even tune my guitar with out the aide of a tuner.

Now, All of the sudden I pick up an electric guitar, and not only can I tune it by ear, I can pick out how to play songs by ear, and in just a short time of bleeding figures I am nearing my goal of sounding like a half drunk Jack White with broken figures.

Told my self If I could be half as good as he is on the Guitar I would die Happy. LOL

Not sure how a 6 Year break from something could make you better, and develop a skill you never possessed before (an ear) but I am loving it.

There is nothing that can compare to the feeling you get when you get into a grove on the Guitar and it sounds really sweet, and of course, LOUD!! lol

Is this your second childhood? :D

I never was musically inclined but I love listening to it, and especially seeing live performances.

I haven't flown a plane in 30 years but I could probably hop in today and... not crash. LOL

Forum List

Back