Some Suggestions Of What Bush Should Be Looking At

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
He has just about 2 months:

And now, a thought experiment: what would Rahm Emanuel do if he had Congressman John Boehner's job as House Minority Leader?

That's easy. Put as many long-range torpedoes into the water aimed at Senator Obama's ship of state before Republicans lose control of the Executive Branch as possible. Here are a few:

The Bulletin - Philadelphia's Family Newspaper - Farewell To Sweetness & Light

....*Appoint U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois Patrick Fitzpatrick as a special prosecutor so he can pursue his investigation of Tony Rezko and his corrupt dealings with Illinois's governor and other creatures and spoilsmen of the Daley Machine. This will make it politically difficult for a President Obama to pardon Mr. Rezko and impossible for him to terminate Mr. Fitzpatrick as a federal officer come January 21 as a way of de-railing this investigation. my personal favorite, coming from IL.

* Appoint a special prosecutor to investigate ACORN's voter registration methods and its dealings with the Obama campaign.something needs to be done to insure fair elections, this was a biggie, the media knows it, will they now point it out, with Obama win?

* Appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Obama campaign's on-line fundraising operation, including its disabling of the credit card security software on its on-line donations system. File a complaint with the Federal Election Commission regarding same.This should be done, just like ACORN the media ignored it for reason, but the story is huge. What if the same were to occur in the next cycle, in favor of the GOP?

* Appoint a bipartisan (love that word!) presidential commission to review the candidates' fundraising in this election cycle and to recommend changes in federal election laws.I've never agreed with McCain Feingold, but my guess we're going to see it mandated, with no optioning out. There may be changes, but this cycle has seen too much of a 3rd world feel to it.

* File ethics complaints against Sen. Chris Dodd and Congressman Barney Frank for their relationship with Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac and Countrywide Mortgage. Should be done. That Frank's lover was connected for years, indeed until it became obvious the house was tumbling down, then the lover took a powder and Franks was left with the fallout. Dodd was all about personal greed and should be hit, amongst other friends of...

Be it noted that, in his day, this is probably what Newt Gingrich would have done, too. It was then-Congressman Gingrich's persistent filing of ethics complaints against then-House Speaker Jim Wright, D Texas, which eventually brought Speaker Wright down and made possible the Republicans' re-taking of Congress in 1994 on the platform of the Contract with America...

I don't understand how registering imaginary people could possibly translate into votes. Can you explain that for me?

I don't understand how registering imaginary people could possibly translate into votes. Can you explain that for me?

The imaginary ones were the excesses, but there were normal names given of dead, etc. More likely to be gotten through the vetting, though Minnie or Mickie may have if the powers that be liked the candidate. One should not wish for such corruption.

Emanuel may not be what you all hope or fear:

Obama vs. Pelosi - WSJ.com

Obama vs. Pelosi
The president-elect meets the enemy.

By JOHN FUND
Barack Obama obviously has thought carefully about mistakes made by previous Democratic presidential winners who wrongly believed a Congress controlled by their own party would help make them a success.

Pollster Doug Schoen, who helped Bill Clinton win re-election in 1996 over overwhelming odds after the 1994 Democratic debacle, recently warned in a Journal op-ed: "If the Democrats govern as if there is no Republican Party, they are likely headed to the kind of reaction that Bill Clinton faced when he made the same misjudgment after the 1992 election victory."...

...That may be one reason why Mr. Obama has chosen Rahm Emanuel, a respected member of the Congressional leadership, to become his new White House Chief of Staff. Mr. Emanuel has a reputation as a tough partisan, but he has also exhibited impatience with left-wing members of his party who have overly ambitious ideological agendas. A likely first assignment for Mr. Emanuel will be reminding House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that, after only two years of Democratic control, Congress already has a lower approval rating than even President Bush's....

the only thing in the world I want from Bush the chimp is a pardon for the two border patrol agents that have been imprisioned. Thanks in Advance. :clap2:

Forum List

Back