Some sober truth: Who healthcare reform is truly going to help.

You need a doctor...for your head. You have a severe social illness, it's called hatred.

Do you remember that 25 year old guy with the souped-up car? Well, last night he wrapped it around a tree. He was rushed to the hospital, but even though he spent his money on headers instead of health insurance, he was still given medical care. He gets to keep the headers and YOU and I get to pay for his medical treatment.

And he will be burdened with a horrible credit report due to unpaid medical bills, never get to buy a home or another souped up car as a result, be in debt forever, and recieve bare minimum health care to stabilize him. A horrible price to pay for his stupid mistake.

BUT.....now, under Obamacare, there are no horrible consequences as his healthcare will be covered in full, thus, no deterrent from doing stupid shit like driving a souped up car and speeding.

So, rather than discouraged stupidity, we decide to subsidize it. Good job libs, that is really going to work out well.

Are you an adolescent, or just at an adolescent level of intelligence?

Go to your room...:lol::lol::lol:

Wow, that was a great rebuttal of my point. A sophomoric comeback indeed. I accept your surrender in this debate, as it is without doubt that the removal of bad consequences for unwise decisions will eventually lead to disaster.

Nooooooooooo...

Getting your healthcare at emergency rooms is phenomenally more expensive

That isn't the only alternative. There are plenty of free community clinics.

You are also completely ignoring the effect of increasing Demand that is not regulated by the cost of Supply - and the cost of 159 bureaucracies and 16,500 (that is just a start) IRS agents to provide surveillance.

Last edited:
From bucs90

I agree tragic stuff happens. It is IMPOSSIBLE for the government to legislate out all pain and suffering in human life. Our government just doesn't have the money or ability to do that. Out of 300,000,000 people, there are going to be sad stories. Government, nor anyone else, can't stop that. It is sad, but thank God the free market health care industry in America has advanced medicine so far, in part due to large profits, that they can save many lives that would otherwise be lost. That money for research and development will now vanish.

We have some of the best healthcare in the world. The problem is that not all Americans can access it. Some, for reasons under their control and some for reasons out of their control. Nobody WANTS to get sick or injured. But it happens to all of us eventually. A week in the hospital can cost $100,000 or more if it is intensive care. Government is not legislating pain and suffering...they are trying to help those who are in pain or suffering

Second, if liberals would get on board with sealing the border and deporting illegals, we'd save billions on ER treatment for runny noses. There is a reason 1 aspirin costs you and I $40.....because of how many they have to give away free.

Non-issue ..... Illegals are not proided any additional coverage under this plan

That 26 year old could join the military. Or Fire Dept. Or Police Dept. All are in need of more employees, ALL are hiring, all offer health insurance. Todays 22 year olds must realize they aren't gonna get their dream job right out of college. The entitlement mentality of this generation is insanity.

"Join the military" is not an answer to our healthcare problems. Police and Fire Depts are swamped with applications and will never hire all 21-26 year olds. Point is, many young people graduate college or enter their first job and find the days of companies offering health insurance to new hires are going away. Employers do not want to be responsible for healthcare

And last but not least, there is a reason I believe in conservative values. If me and my wife made <$24,000 a year as you said, WE WOULD NOT HAVE HAD TWO KIDS WE CANNOT AFFORD. We would, and do, exercise vigorously.....so if we suffer a slip and fall at home, our bodies are in stronger health and likely to suffer less if any injury.

Exercise is your answer to not getting injured? Ever throw out your back? Slip and fall? "Conservative values" are.....Don't make less than $24,000???

Oh, and the libs forgot to add tort reform. Guess they need as many victims as possible to maintain dependency though.

Tort reform is in the Healthcare bill. It provides incentives for states to provide

Government is not the answer to this problem. Exercise, nutrition, personal responsibility, and a sealed border are. -

Neither Exercise, Nutrition, personal responsibility or a sealed border will help you if you get cancer......Health Insurance will

Last edited:

Forum List

Back