Some schools plan to open on MLK day due to winter weather. Guess who gets butthurt?

I used to have a black lady who worked for my wife. She refused to do her regular job during "black history month" That didn't work out too well for her in the end. I can't imagine how she would have acted on MLK day.

Why don't we have Lincoln's day off instead? Without Lincoln, King would have been a slave, no?

Everyone knows the last thing Dr. King wanted was kids in school. :tongue:

On edit:

(Warning: sarcasm might come across as sarcastic to some)

Last edited:
Jesse and Al.

Jackson: Don't use MLK Day to make up snow days

These guys are an embarrassment to what King fought and stood for.

Snow days are to be made up in July...like I did as a child.

I bet you walked uphill, both ways, too.
No. I took the bus.

100 miles each way on a road like this:

Washboard-Road.jpg

no butt hurt here, putting up all my MLK day decorations, anticipating the all the festivities.........................:lol:

You do realize that one of the festivities is re-enacting the assault of Abner Louima.

If there is no butt hurt now, there were will be butt hurt later.

Why don't we have Lincoln's day off instead? Without Lincoln, King would have been a slave, no?
We should have "Slave Trader Day" too. Without them Kings ancestors would have never been shipped here as slaves, been emancipated and grew up facing racial discrimination thus inspiring all those famous marches and speeches.

Back in the day they would just tack the days on at the end of the school year.

Jesse and Al.

Jackson: Don't use MLK Day to make up snow days

These guys are an embarrassment to what King fought and stood for.

Snow days are to be made up in July...like I did as a child.

just.......holy crap...........BABIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no butt hurt here, putting up all my MLK day decorations, anticipating the all the festivities.........................:lol:

No......... it's tempting, but no.
(Bite down hard on fingers!!!!!!!!!!)

It is a shame, Radioman. Seems as if every year, MLK becomes less and less memorable. I suppose that's natural, but to me he was a real person.....O well, time marches on, I guess.

It is a shame, Radioman. Seems as if every year, MLK becomes less and less memorable. I suppose that's natural, but to me he was a real person.....O well, time marches on, I guess.

I would think King would want the kids in school, learning about the civil rights struggle, than sitting in front of a TV on a day off.

I would think King would want the kids in school, learning about the civil rights struggle, than sitting in front of a TV on a day off.

It does seem like a weird way to honor him. I'll give you that.

When our school underwent a renovation years ago, they took away almost all the holidays, ex. MLK Day. The bd must have been afraid of race riots. If I was a black person, I would have been highly insulted. PC BS is bad for America.

Forum List

Back