Some Sane Thinking about Waterboarding

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MjM2ZDRlOWY4OTdjMWFiNjZlYWUwZmNiYjRjNGQwZDM=

The three men waterboarded were initiators of big terrorist plans for America. The waterboarding worked, and those plans did not transpire. The three men walked away with their lives, with all body parts intact. If the situation had been reversed, captured Americans would have had their heads chopped off, the severed heads then picked up by the hair and slung around by the thugs in celebration. I certainly would prefer the waterboarding, and one can gather that the three terrorist planners did as well since not one of them was willing to “take one for the cause” and go meet his waiting 72 virgins.

Not to mention that we used to understand that America didn't torture people...

If there's no difference between them and us, what's the point?

No, "we" never understood that. Some just preferred to delude themselves. Physical and/or psychological coersion which results in obtaining the information desired, and causes no permanent damage should be completely legal and acceptable.

Nor is it comparable to having one's head hacked off with a kitchen knife.

If they destroy us because we are unwilling to beat them at their own game, you aren't alive to think you're different, much less better than them. So yeah ... what IS the point? If you're dead?

Trial? I wasn't aware that prisoners captured in a war were afforded a trial before being held for the duration of said war. Even illegal combatants can be held indefinately until the end of the war. Though shot out of hand would work too.

So tell me. were German and Italian troops captured in WW2 put on trial before being held until wars end? Were American troops captured by the enemy tried before being held until wars end?

Just curious is all.

I wasn't born until after WWII so I can't help you there. But I do remember reading something about trials for war crimes, like waterboarding.

So tell me. were German and Italian troops captured in WW2 put on trial before being held until wars end? Were American troops captured by the enemy tried before being held until wars end?

Just curious is all.

are you suggesting that our detainees are legitimate prisoners of war, or are they international criminals?

are you suggesting that our detainees are legitimate prisoners of war, or are they international criminals?

They are illegal combatants, captured in a war, we can hold them until the war is over. Or we can try them for crimes and kill them. Either is fine with me.

If this Khalid bloke is the mastermind then surely he'll be tried won't he? I mean, you'd have to front him up to a court after what he's alleged to have done.

If this Khalid bloke is the mastermind then surely he'll be tried won't he? I mean, you'd have to front him up to a court after what he's alleged to have done.

He is an illegal combatant in a war, we can try him or hold him until the war is over, that would be up to the Government to decide. The only people that HAVE to be tried are the ones ARRESTED by law enforcement and held for crimes.

Again, that is up to the Government. Based on some of the ignorant comments from the left about terrorists captured and tried in the States I can understand why they may not bother with that.

They would be missing a heck of a chance for a pr coup if they just let him rot in prison without putting him on trial. I mean this is the bloke that allegedly masterminded 9/11, they'd have to front him up and go with a trial or what would happen if suddenly the GWOT ended? They'd repatriate him? I don't think so.

For all the 'peace and love'fucks out there who think America tortures others you are out of your ever fucked up mind.

American military are trained in the torture we dish out. Hell even police departments dont allow its recruits to carry pepper spray and tasers without fully testing them on themselves first...That aside I can assure others short of shooting themselves many are well reheased on what pain feels like before dishing it out.

PUSSIES!

Forum List

Back