Some reasons why Eddie Van Halen is the best rock guitar player, ever

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
1) When Eddie was a kid, he took piano lessons for 5 years before his teacher realized he couldn't read music.
Eddie and his brother Alex both won piano competitions different years.
(Eddie accidently developed ears for music as a child)

2) People who followed Van Halen were saying Eddie was the best guitar player in the world, before Van Halen released their first album.

3) Eddie Van Halen would turn his back to the audience , so people couldn't see how he played.

4) Eddie Van Halen customized his guitars and amps, adding a humbucker bridge pickup, which major guitar manufacturers repeated.

5) Eddie Van Halen dipped his guitar pickups to reduce feedback, which major guitar manufacturers repeated.

1) When Eddie was a kid, he took piano lessons for 5 years before his teacher realized he couldn't read music.
Eddie and his brother Alex both won piano competitions different years.
(Eddie accidently developed ears for music as a child)

2) People who followed Van Halen were saying Eddie was the best guitar player in the world, before Van Halen released their first album.

3) Eddie Van Halen would turn his back to the audience , so people couldn't see how he played.

4) Eddie Van Halen customized his guitars and amps, adding a humbucker bridge pickup, which major guitar manufacturers repeated.

5) Eddie Van Halen dipped his guitar pickups to reduce feedback, which major guitar manufacturers repeated.

The man doesn't know minor chords. His version of the Kinks You Really Got Me is a hack job.

Hendrix, Clapton, Beck, SRV ALL are better than EVH.

I like Randy Rhoads, though he's probably not the best.

Yngwie Malmsteen? just kidding

When Eddie was a kid, he took piano lessons for 5 years

Is that why he switched to keyboard and made the lamest song ever (Jump)?

if you like guitar players other than Van Halen , that's fine.
if you like different music that's fine, but to say people play guitar better than Van Halen is just flat out wrong.

although no one can duplicate Hendrix, he simply never recorded enough material to compete with Van Halen.

Clapton? I just don't get it. Even Van Halen said Cream was a big influence , but I think a Van Halen track like "i'm the one" pretty much trumps everything Clapton did, including Layla.
People like Clapton, that's fine.

SRV came out with a great sound, but a lot of people like Stevie Ray Sheppard got rich by ripping him off, so his guitar work is not impossible.
Ripping off Van Halen is nearly an impossibility.

Jeff Beck?
nope.

The man doesn't know minor chords. His version of the Kinks You Really Got Me is a hack job.

Delusional douchebags. :p

Delusional douchebags. :p

Delusional? Were you born with ears or...

41853JWJRVL._SX300_.jpg

if you like different music that's fine, but to say people play guitar better than Van Halen is just flat out wrong.

although no one can duplicate Hendrix, he simply never recorded enough material to compete with Van Halen.

Clapton? I just don't get it. Even Van Halen said Cream was a big influence , but I think a Van Halen track like "i'm the one" pretty much trumps everything Clapton did, including Layla.

SRV came out with a great sound, but a lot of people like Stevie Ray Sheppard got rich by ripping him off, so his guitar work is not impossible.

Jeff Beck?
nope.

"Compete"? Quantity doesn't equal quality dude.

Clapton hasn't played anything worth listening to since 1969.

Once I got accustom to Zappa, especially his interplay with Colaiuta and Barrow; there's just nothing else like it on the planet. There's no one, none of the people I admired, nobody mentioned in this thread would even attempt a solo that could run 5-10 minutes.

I posted it here before, but start with "Inca Roads" and then you get the Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar solos, Wet T shirt, System of Edges that were all the Inca Road solos from different nights.

It's all about who you like anyway

Jeff Beck?
nope.

Steve Vai?

Once I got accustom to Zappa, especially his interplay with Colaiuta and Barrow; there's just nothing else like it on the planet. There's no one, none of the people I admired, nobody mentioned in this thread would even attempt a solo that could run 5-10 minutes.

I posted it here before, but start with "Inca Roads" and then you get the Shut Up N Play Yer Guitar solos, Wet T shirt, System of Edges that were all the Inca Road solos from different nights.

I never could get into Frank Zappa's music.

Jeff Beck?
nope.

Joe Satriani has a similar playing style to Eddie and I think he is just as good.

I never could get into Frank Zappa's music.

It's an acquired taste.

Forum List

Back