Some quotes from JFK about how great Hitler was

The quotes don't reflect Hitler's greatness. Just that he caused a lot of heartache and trouble. They also sound like the have been cherry picked and there is something on either side of the quote that matters more.

When the result of your rule is millions of your citizens are dead, your country is ruled by a committee of conquerers for half a century, and the place is reviled and impoverished, the last adjective you can use for that kind of ruler is "Great."

Kennedy was demonstrably correct. Hitler was an enormously important figure of the mid 20th century. His actions produced a war that reshaped a world.

Nor was he the embodiment of everything evil. He was a national leader who was responsible for some extremely evil acts. That doesn't mean everything he did was bad, only that some of what he did was VERY bad.

Now that the man has been dead for almost 70 years, it should be possible to approach him with greater rationality. Most people for whom he was a contemporary are no longer among the living. We should continue to condemn dictatorship, warmongering, racism, and genocide, but just because Hitler was guilty of these things is no reason to condemn a mixed economy, the rectification of post-WWI injustices, or vegetarianism on the basis that these were also things he did or practiced.

In any case, one cannot understand the events of the mid 20th century that resulted in the emergence of the Cold War international order without understanding Hitler. And one cannot understand anyone if one reacts badly to any description short of demonization.

Careful Commie, the left will think you're a Nazi Lover. :lol:

Hysteria outweighs rational thought here.

OK. So, since Matthew is not capable of providing context for his quotes, the source is Prelude To Leadership - The European Diary of John F. Kennedy, Summer 1945

Can you provide better context for either?

Kennedy's 1945 Visit to Germany

In late July and early August 1945, just weeks after the end of the war in Europe, the 28-year-old John F. Kennedy visited war-devastated Germany. Accompanying him on this tour was US Navy Secretary James Forrestal (whom President Truman later appointed as the first Secretary of Defense).

Kennedy recorded his experiences and observations in a diary that was not made public until 1995. (It was published under the title Prelude to Leadership: The European Diary of John F. Kennedy, Summer 1945.)

These diary entries show the youthful Kennedy's wide-ranging curiosity and eye for telling detail -- attributes that were also manifest in his two best-selling books, While England Slept (1940) and Profiles in Courage. Earlier in 1945, he had attended the opening session of the United Nations organization in San Francisco, and had visited Britain to view the parliamentary election campaign, covering both events as a journalist for the Hearst newspaper chain.

Hitler's Place in History

After Bremen and Bremerhaven, Kennedy and Forrestal flew to Bavaria, where they visited the town of Berchtesgaden and then drove up to Hitler's mountain retreat, which was "completely gutted, the result of an air attack from 12,000 pound bombs by the R.A.F. [British air force] in an attempt on Hitler's life." They then ascended to Hitler's "Eagle's Nest" lair high in the mountains.

Just after this visit, Kennedy wrote a remarkable commentary in his diary, dated August 1, 1945, about Hitler and his place in history:

"After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived.

"He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made."

Less than a year after this European tour, Kennedy was elected to Congress in Massachusetts, beginning a political career that took him to the White House, and which ended suddenly with his death on November 22, 1963.

From The Journal of Historical Review, May-June 1999 (Vol. 18, No. 3), pp. 30.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can recall for years after WWII there were rumors and stories of Hitler sightings, usually in South America.

JFK was right, there is still a mystery and a public fascination about Hitler. Just check out the History Channel and the thousands of Hitler documentaries since WWII.

But no man abhorred war more than John Kennedy, it devastated his family. He wrote a Navy friend a letter while covering the founding of the United Nations in 1945 as a special writer for Hearst Press. In that letter was one of his famous quotes:

"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."

See page 87-88 A Thousand Days: John F. Kennedy in the White House - Arthur Meier Schlesinger - Google Books

Sorry bout that,

1. Seeing he did write about Hitler in this glowing way, I would have to say JFK was way out in left field when it comes to analyzing other world leaders.
2. JFK's own words condemn him as a stupid fuck.
3. There is no other way to say it, JFK was a fucking *idjit*.
4. Okay I said it, sure its hard to read, but its the truth.
5. Don't shoot me I am only the messenger. :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. Seeing he did write about Hitler in this glowing way, I would have to say JFK was way out in left field when it comes to analyzing other world leaders.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. No one will shoot you for being the messenger.
2. We might for being a fucking idiot.

Regards,
Lady Girl of California

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
Lady Girl of California

1. So you disagree, if you do, I will have to throw down on you Cgirl,.....?
2. Explain that to us all here. :badgrin:
3. This came from a diary he wrote, I am sure its been vetted by now, being wrote in 1945.
4. Released some 50 years later 1995.
5. So you also think Hitler was a worth while significant leader??
6. Hitler was a walking sack of shit!
7. Everyone who saw or read what took place should agree with me, unless your a walking sack of shit muslim ofcourse.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
"He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. He had in him the stuff of which legends are made."

That sounds even worse

That sounds even worse

Kennedy spoke the truth. Human beings do have a strange fascination with sinister figures. Why do you think The Sopranos was so popular? But don't mistake Kennedy's truth with any allegiance to Hitler or his beliefs. President Kennedy was the antithesis of Adolf Hitler. JFK was a warrior for peace, and he proved it during his Presidency.

This is a fascinating article about our late President Baruch Menachem, I hope you read it.

Warrior For Peace - The Lessons of J.F.K. - TIME

"And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent or omniscient - that we are only six percent of the world's population - that we cannot impose our will upon the other ninety-four percent of mankind - that we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity - and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem."
President John F. Kennedy

Last edited:
Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler

President Bush's grandfather was a director of a bank seized by the federal government because of its ties to a German industrialist who helped bankroll Adolf Hitler's rise to power, government documents show.
Prescott Bush (search) was one of seven directors of Union Banking Corp. (search), a New York investment bank owned by a bank controlled by the Thyssen family, according to recently declassified National Archives documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Read more: Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler | Fox News

Sorry bout that,

Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler

President Bush's grandfather was a director of a bank seized by the federal government because of its ties to a German industrialist who helped bankroll Adolf Hitler's rise to power, government documents show.
Prescott Bush (search) was one of seven directors of Union Banking Corp. (search), a New York investment bank owned by a bank controlled by the Thyssen family, according to recently declassified National Archives documents reviewed by The Associated Press.

Read more: Documents: Bush's Grandfather Directed Bank Tied to Man Who Funded Hitler | Fox News

1. ^^^^^^^^^^^^ OFF TOPIC!!!!!!
2. Classic Deflection!!!!!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
Lady Girl of California

3. This came from a diary he wrote, I am sure its been vetted by now, being wrote in 1945.
7. Everyone who saw or read what took place should agree with me, unless your a walking sack of shit muslim ofcourse.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Hell will freeze over before someone like you can 'throw down' on me.
2. You're a dumb ass.
3. See 2.

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

Regards,
Lady Girl of California

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

1. Hell will freeze over before someone like you can 'throw down' on me.
2. You're a dumb ass.
3. See 2.

1. ^^^^^^EASY WIN!!!!!!!^^^^^^^checkmate.......
2. You got nothing........:badgrin:
3. So what else you gonna do :)dunno:) but make a personal attack eh byaatch?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

1. One could speculate that if this diary would of been released back then, JFK may have never been elected a Senator, or President for that matter.

*AND*

2. I for one would never vote for a candidate who professed this much blubbering towards Hitler today.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

1. One could speculate that is this diary would of been released back then, JFK may have never been elected a Senator, or President for that matter.

*AND*

2. I for one would never vote for a candidate who professed this much blubbering towards Hitler today.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Did you vote for this guy?

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
George W. Bush
About the quote: From remarks by the president at the signing of The Defense Appropriations Act for 2005 (8/5/04)

Our nation is somewhat sad, but we’re angry. There’s a certain level of blood lust, but we won’t let it drive our reaction. We’re steady, clear-eyed and patient, but pretty soon we’ll have to start displaying scalps.
George W. Bush

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
George W. Bush

I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.
George W. Bush

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. One could speculate that is this diary would of been released back then, JFK may have never been elected a Senator, or President for that matter.

*AND*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
George W. Bush
About the quote: From remarks by the president at the signing of The Defense Appropriations Act for 2005 (8/5/04)

Our nation is somewhat sad, but we’re angry. There’s a certain level of blood lust, but we won’t let it drive our reaction. We’re steady, clear-eyed and patient, but pretty soon we’ll have to start displaying scalps.
George W. Bush

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator.
George W. Bush

I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace.
George W. Bush

1. OFF TOPIC!!!!!
2. Classic Deflection.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

*AND*

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

1. OFF TOPIC!!!!!
2. Classic Deflection.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So, you won't vote for a man based on what he says about a dictator, but you will vote for a man that acts like one.

On three occasions President Kennedy was confronted with crisis's where military force was an option, and on those three occasions he chose not to use military force. He used diplomacy and communication to avoid the real possibility of war.

Bush invaded Iraq, just like Hitler invaded Poland.

"The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war. We do not want a war. We do not now expect a war. This generation of Americans has already had enough — more than enough — of war and hate and oppression. We shall be prepared if others wish it. We shall be alert to try to stop it. But we shall also do our part to build a world of peace where the weak are safe and the strong are just."
President John F. Kennedy - Address at The American University, Washington D.C. (10 June 1963)

"The defense policy of the United States is based on a simple premise: The United States does not start fights. We will never be an aggressor."
Ronald Reagan

Last edited:
Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

George W. Bush

1. OFF TOPIC!!!!!
2. Classic Deflection.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

So, you won't vote for a man based on what he says about a dictator, but you will vote for a man that acts like one.

On three occasions President Kennedy was confronted with crisis's where military force was an option, and on those three occasions he chose not to use military force. He used diplomacy and communication to avoid the real possibility of war.

"The United States, as the world knows, will never start a war. We do not want a war. We do not now expect a war. This generation of Americans has already had enough — more than enough — of war and hate and oppression. We shall be prepared if others wish it. We shall be alert to try to stop it. But we shall also do our part to build a world of peace where the weak are safe and the strong are just."
President John F. Kennedy - Address at The American University, Washington D.C. (10 June 1963)

"The defense policy of the United States is based on a simple premise: The United States does not start fights. We will never be an aggressor."
Ronald Reagan

1. More deflection!!!!!
2. Get on topic or stfu. :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Sorry bout that,

Sorry bout that,

1. OFF TOPIC!!!!!
2. Classic Deflection.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ronald Reagan

1. More deflection!!!!!
2. Get on topic or stfu. :badgrin:

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I find it refreshing that your intelligence level matches your avatar.

Forum List

Back