Some people think Freedom of Speech is onesided...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

All Freedom of Speech gurantees you is that your government won't oppress you for saying what you like. So every protestor has the right to say "America is Evil" or "Bush is Hitler" or they can Burn the American Flag. Freedom of speech works both ways however. If another group of citizens are offended by what those citizens have to say, they have the freedom to tell them to "Get the Fuck out of the country."

Some ignorant people like said protestors, Hollywood pundents, or idiotic music groups like the Dixies Chicks fail to see this. They think Freedom of Speech is a one way straight for them to say whatever they want without any reprecutions. They fail to recognize that if other citizens of this country don't like what your saying, they can express there freedom to not buy your album or go see your movie, or to get in your face at a protest and tell you to get the fuck out of the country. Thats expressing our Freedom of speech as well.

So the next time some liberal moron tells you that you can't infringe on their free speech by telling them to get out of the country, inform them of YOUR free speech rights as well.

2. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    while not buying an album or seeing a movie is certainly the prerogative of the person who disagrees with a statement from said individual, isn't it a little Ironic, almost ridiculous, to tell a person to 'get the fuck out of the country' for using a freedom guaranteed to them by living in this country?

3. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Agreed.

4. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    The criticism is not for exercising the right. The criticism is for the anti-american sentiment in the speech. You know this.

5. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, and it has been seen all over the board.

6. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Interesting. So all liberals are morons and many think that they have the right to free speech but noone else does?

I didn't know that.

7. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah, that's what I was going to say. If you don't like what the Dixie Chicks said/did, for example, it would be more appropriate just not to support them and even to criticize them publicly.

But telling them to get the fuck out of the country? That's almost anti-American.

8. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    I don't participate in the Dixie Chick Threads as much as you do I guess.

9. rtwngAvngr

rtwngAvngr Guest

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +511
    It's just a SUGGESTION. People who deride and insult the President abroad with no factual or reasonable information should leave the country, in my opinion. IT's traitorous, in my opinion. They should leave, in my opinion. See, we all get to have opinons.

10. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It's not traitorous to speak out against your government and/or it's leader. If you believe it is, maybe you would prefer to live in Iraq with Saddam Hussein as your leader.

But yes, you're entitled to your opinion of course.

BTW, if someone is insulting the president abroad, haven't they by definition of abroad already left the country? :clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.