Some people think Freedom of Speech is onesided...

Status
Not open for further replies.

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

All Freedom of Speech gurantees you is that your government won't oppress you for saying what you like. So every protestor has the right to say "America is Evil" or "Bush is Hitler" or they can Burn the American Flag. Freedom of speech works both ways however. If another group of citizens are offended by what those citizens have to say, they have the freedom to tell them to "Get the Fuck out of the country."

Some ignorant people like said protestors, Hollywood pundents, or idiotic music groups like the Dixies Chicks fail to see this. They think Freedom of Speech is a one way straight for them to say whatever they want without any reprecutions. They fail to recognize that if other citizens of this country don't like what your saying, they can express there freedom to not buy your album or go see your movie, or to get in your face at a protest and tell you to get the fuck out of the country. Thats expressing our Freedom of speech as well.

So the next time some liberal moron tells you that you can't infringe on their free speech by telling them to get out of the country, inform them of YOUR free speech rights as well.

while not buying an album or seeing a movie is certainly the prerogative of the person who disagrees with a statement from said individual, isn't it a little Ironic, almost ridiculous, to tell a person to 'get the fuck out of the country' for using a freedom guaranteed to them by living in this country?

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
while not buying an album or seeing a movie is certainly the prerogative of the person who disagrees with a statement from said individual, isn't it a little Ironic, almost ridiculous, to tell a person to 'get the fuck out of the country' for using a freedom guaranteed to them by living in this country?

Agreed.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Agreed.

The criticism is not for exercising the right. The criticism is for the anti-american sentiment in the speech. You know this.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
The criticism is not for exercising the right. The criticism is for the anti-american sentiment in the speech. You know this.

Yes, and it has been seen all over the board.

Originally posted by insein
http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#Am1

So the next time some liberal moron tells you that you can't infringe on their free speech by telling them to get out of the country, inform them of YOUR free speech rights as well.

Interesting. So all liberals are morons and many think that they have the right to free speech but noone else does?

I didn't know that.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. If you don't like what the Dixie Chicks said/did, for example, it would be more appropriate just not to support them and even to criticize them publicly.

But telling them to get the fuck out of the country? That's almost anti-American.

Originally posted by NewGuy
Yes, and it has been seen all over the board.

I don't participate in the Dixie Chick Threads as much as you do I guess.

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yeah, that's what I was going to say. If you don't like what the Dixie Chicks said/did, for example, it would be more appropriate just not to support them and even to criticize them publicly.

But telling them to get the fuck out of the country? That's almost anti-American.

It's just a SUGGESTION. People who deride and insult the President abroad with no factual or reasonable information should leave the country, in my opinion. IT's traitorous, in my opinion. They should leave, in my opinion. See, we all get to have opinons.

It's just a SUGGESTION. People who deride and insult the President abroad with no factual or reasonable information should leave the country, in my opinion. IT's traitorous, in my opinion. They should leave, in my opinion. See, we all get to have opinons.

It's not traitorous to speak out against your government and/or it's leader. If you believe it is, maybe you would prefer to live in Iraq with Saddam Hussein as your leader.

But yes, you're entitled to your opinion of course.

BTW, if someone is insulting the president abroad, haven't they by definition of abroad already left the country? :clap:

It's not traitorous to speak out against your government and/or it's leader. If you believe it is, maybe you would prefer to live in Iraq with Saddam Hussein as your leader.

But yes, you're entitled to your opinion of course.

BTW, if someone is insulting the president abroad, haven't they by definition of abroad already left the country? :clap:

It would be different if their criticism was something more than unfocused hatred, but it's not.

Good point. They were already abroad. But still.:D

And dixie chick bitch about being persecuted? Bullshit. People have a right to judge them on what they say and not buy their album. Liberals demand approval.

And dixie chick bitch about being persecuted? Bullshit. People have a right to judge them on what they say and not buy their album. Liberals demand approval.

Yep. But what do you mean by this--"Liberals demand approval."

Just curious, seems like a blanket statement to me. Like communists like ice-cream.:rolleyes:

Yep. But what do you mean by this--"Liberals demand approval."

Just curious, seems like a blanket statement to me. Like communists like ice-cream.:rolleyes:

Liberals feel persecuted if people express dissatisfaction with theri views. They claim persecution just because others didn't agree and didn't want to support them after they dis the president. The Dixie Chicks essentially demand approval.

I think of myself as liberal and THE DIXIE CHICKS DO NOT REPRESENT ME.
Nor are the Dixie Chicks representative of liberal vs. conservative political views. They are musicians. Period.

But you should know that ;-)

"get the fuck out of the country" is american?

Liberals feel persecuted if people express dissatisfaction with theri views. They claim persecution just because others didn't agree and didn't want to support them after they dis the president.

Now, this is where I think you're wrong. I don't feel persecuted because you say you disagree and then establish a statement pertaining to why you think your view is right. I feel persecuted because you decide to tell me that not only am I wrong, but that my answer is shit, i'm a damn retard for believing that will work, and that my point of view is full of idiocy and has no substance.

THAT'S persecution, whether you believe it or not.

Now, this is where I think you're wrong. I don't feel persecuted because you say you disagree and then establish a statement pertaining to why you think your view is right. I feel persecuted because you decide to tell me that not only am I wrong, but that my answer is shit, i'm a damn retard for believing that will work, and that my point of view is full of idiocy and has no substance.

THAT'S persecution, whether you believe it or not.

Wrong is wrong. Being wrong more often than not is idiotic. I am far from the worst offender here dk. You just don't like me.

You just don't like me.

yeah, thats it. I always tear into those I don't like. I'm a happier person in the morning when I get to eviscerate someone I don't like.

yeah, thats it. I always tear into those I don't like. I'm a happier person in the morning when I get to eviscerate someone I don't like.

When did i mistreat you dk. or is this just dixie chick like unfocused criticism?

"You said libs were wrong and I felt sad."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back