Some People left their dogs to die in Harvey

Despite Texan officials repeatedly warning people about leaving their pets and livestock behind, one dog was spotted holding onto a road barrier while a river of rain threatened to carry it away, while others have been seen chained up to trees and telephone poles in areas that have seen as much as 10 inches of rainfall in just 24 hours.

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-2-59a3d8bbe6d98__700.jpg

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-4-59a3d8bfe618f__700.jpg

gali-bti-poor-dogs-abandoned-during-floods-3-59a3d8bdc9bf2__700.jpg

Some People Left Their Dogs Tied Up To Die In The Flood And It Will Break Your Heart

But then you'll be eating meat tonight, right? Yeah, poor dogs left to die, fuck the pigs and cows, they're food..... go figure.
So you can't see the difference between letting an animal drown and the quick humane dispatch of an animal for food?

There is no such thing as "quick" death for the animals people eat.

drifter, thank you posting this. In news footage, I saw a lot of people struggling to carry their dogs but damn - tying them so they have no chance of escaping drowning?

frigidweirdo is absolutely correct in his posts about this and pets v. livestock are not two different issues. I agree that people love and care about some animals but blithely turn their backs on the unspeakable suffering of "food animals" and those used in medical experimentation.

Drifter, I can understand you're not wanting your thread to be hijacked but please - try to see that all animals are suffering and are deserving of our concern and our help.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

So can I post pictures of cows and other animals in your "dog" lovers thread? I mean why not include "all" animals in

appreciation ?

It's bullshit to change the topic. I out of here.

I'm sure some of the owners are just disgusting individuals, and I have no intention of cutting them any slack, but to be fair, I believe some shelters don't allow pets. It had to be hard for some to save their family, but have to leave their pet behind. Chaining them where flooding was expected is pretty disgusting though.
MOST shelters don't accept pets, or motels or a lot of relatives you might go bunk with. However, leaving them tied and unattended should be criminal. Hope the SPCA is out there letting them loose, at least, and taking down addresses.
I didnt understand why they would tie them up. Of course, i wasnt in that position either. But it still blows the mind..

Despite Texan officials repeatedly warning people about leaving their pets and livestock behind, one dog was spotted holding onto a road barrier while a river of rain threatened to carry it away, while others have been seen chained up to trees and telephone poles in areas that have seen as much as 10 inches of rainfall in just 24 hours.

Some People Left Their Dogs Tied Up To Die In The Flood And It Will Break Your Heart

But then you'll be eating meat tonight, right? Yeah, poor dogs left to die, fuck the pigs and cows, they're food..... go figure.
So you can't see the difference between letting an animal drown and the quick humane dispatch of an animal for food?

drifter, thank you posting this. In news footage, I saw a lot of people struggling to carry their dogs but damn - tying them so they have no chance of escaping drowning?

frigidweirdo is absolutely correct in his posts about this and pets v. livestock are not two different issues. I agree that people love and care about some animals but blithely turn their backs on the unspeakable suffering of "food animals" and those used in medical experimentation.

Drifter, I can understand you're not wanting your thread to be hijacked but please - try to see that all animals are suffering and are deserving of our concern and our help.

So can I post pictures of cows and other animals in your "dog" lovers thread? I mean why not include "all" animals in

appreciation ?

It's bullshit to change the topic. I out of here.

I'm sorry you feel that way.

All animals are at risk in this horrible tragedy.

Of course there is a such thing as a quick death. What we do to dispatch animals for food is far less cruel than them being killed by predatory animals

I have dispatched chickens for food and it took about 1 second to behead them tell me a chicken being killed by a cat or weasel is faster

Skull Pilot I didn't see this before but you killing a chicken is not at all like factory farming methods. As for predator animals killing prey animals, again - absolutely nothing in common, AND humans have choices that non-human animals do not.

Back to animal rescues and the reason I came back to this thread -

Has anyone seen the rescue of the deer?

The footage I saw showed a boat with a cage on the bow end and woman sitting near the stern. A deer was curled up at her feet. The deer had some sort of laceration or wound on his flank but that's all I saw.

May GOD Bless all those who have a heart.

Naomi Coto carries Simba as she evacuates her home after the Houston area was inundated with flooding from Hurricane Harvey

:clap2::clap2::huddle:

Naomi Coto carries Simba as she evacuates her home after the Houston area was inundated with flooding from Hurricane Harvey

God bless this woman she has a heart that how everyone should act.

I'm sure some of the owners are just disgusting individuals, and I have no intention of cutting them any slack, but to be fair, I believe some shelters don't allow pets. It had to be hard for some to save their family, but have to leave their pet behind. Chaining them where flooding was expected is pretty disgusting though.
MOST shelters don't accept pets, or motels or a lot of relatives you might go bunk with. However, leaving them tied and unattended should be criminal. Hope the SPCA is out there letting them loose, at least, and taking down addresses.
I didnt understand why they would tie them up. Of course, i wasnt in that position either. But it still blows the mind..
Because they're stupid street people. They don't have sufficient wits to care for themselves, let alone dependent creatures.

They tie their animals up and leave, meaning to come back, but then that doesn't happen.

Because they're ignorant, foolish, mentally ill, retarded, often illegal, street people.

Because they're stupid street people. They don't have sufficient wits to care for themselves, let alone dependent creatures.

They tie their animals up and leave, meaning to come back, but then that doesn't happen.

Because they're ignorant, foolish, mentally ill, retarded, often illegal, street people.
When I was a teenager I lived in an apartment and there was a fire and all the cats got frightened and fled. My cat Gazou was with me when the fire caught I saw that he was afraid. The fire was at my back door so I took my cat in my arms and I left by the front door but he scratched me I was bleeding because he was scared but I held him in my arms of everything in my powers

What if those people didnt have the means to take care of them in their travels? What if they couldnt take pets where they were going? What if they didnt have time?
Lots of possibilities. Not sure its fair to judge. This is a HUGE disaster.

True, in an emergency you cant plan for everything. Were talking about blatantly leaving a living thing behind
If a flood ever hits my area, my car will be very full of chirping, meowing barking ....because it would be my first thought. And most others first thought also. ie. Loved ones

What if those people didnt have the means to take care of them in their travels? What if they couldnt take pets where they were going? What if they didnt have time?
Lots of possibilities. Not sure its fair to judge. This is a HUGE disaster.

True, in an emergency you cant plan for everything. Were talking about blatantly leaving a living thing behind
If a flood ever hits my area, my car will be very full of chirping, meowing barking ....because it would be my first thought. And most others first thought also. ie. Loved ones
Street people and mentally ill antifa don't have their own vehicles. They are bussed everywhere they need to be, and the dems apparently hate animals. They'll pay for booze, for treatment, they'll pipe methadone to their *protestors*...but screw the animals, their insurance doesn't cover that particular liability.

There's something wrong with that dogs sack...

Harvey, a cat rescued Tuesday from flood waters in Discovery Park, appears wary, but warm and dry Wednesday at the Front Street Animal Shelter.

You got that right.

Where I do, my dogs go. End of story.

Forum List

Back