Some people can't seem to help themselves

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
There will be a lot of "oh, lighten up" by folks who would be at the gates with torches and pitchforks if ESPN had made a 'funny' about a black player using a 'play on words' involving N****r.

ESPN Racist Jeremy Lin Headline: Network Apologizes For Insensitive Headline For Knicks Loss

There seems to be this pent-up need to give voice to childish bullshit that every once in a while gets some asshole in trouble, brings mild recriminations to his organization, and then a ton of spin and apologist nonsense.

It has always seemed to me that there is open season on Asians.

Evidence suggests you are correct.

Especially in light of this.............

While most NBA fans are enjoying Linsanity and think the Knicks guard is off to a Lincredible start, Jeremy Lin’s success has given new opportunities for racist sports talk hosts to make fun of Asian-Americans. On the February 15 Nick and Artie show which runs weekday nights on San Francisco’s KNBR’s 1050, the host was urging listeners to call in with the most racist joke about Lin and Asian-Americans they could think of. He offered a “joke” about Lin having to do Carmelo Anthony’s laundry as an example of what he was looking for. KNBR, which prides itself as “The Sports Leader,” seems to be aspiring to the title of “Racist Sports Leader.” It raises questions why station owner Cumulus Media thinks it's funny to racially slur Asian-Americans.

I was driving home after dinner Wednesday night and because the Warriors game was on KNBR 680 I tuned into its 1050 partner to hear sports talk. But what I heard stunned me.

A radio host who would never be soliciting watermelon jokes about LeBron James or Kevin Durant was urging listeners to call in with racist anti-Asian jokes about Jeremy Lin.

Cumulus Media has long contracted out this time slot, and it is now held by the “Nick and Artie show.” The hosts promote a good old boys approach to sports that includes making racist on-air jokes about Jeremy Lin.

BeyondChron: San Francisco's Alternative Online Daily News » KNBR 1050 Promotes Racist Jokes Against Jeremy Lin

There will be a lot of "oh, lighten up" by folks who would be at the gates with torches and pitchforks if ESPN had made a 'funny' about a black player using a 'play on words' involving N****r.

ESPN Racist Jeremy Lin Headline: Network Apologizes For Insensitive Headline For Knicks Loss

There seems to be this pent-up need to give voice to childish bullshit that every once in a while gets some asshole in trouble, brings mild recriminations to his organization, and then a ton of spin and apologist nonsense.

They could have thought of a MUCH better headline than that. I can see how Chinese folks could consider it a racist headline and slam. They could have said a "kink in the armor" or just thought of a better headline than the one they came up with.

Chink in the armor is a saying that's as old as armor.

Time to grow up just a little bit there kiddies.

the assholes asking people to call in with racist jokes about asians should be off the air though.

'Growing up' would be the part where some ham-handed hack writer does his damn job without deliberately offending billions of people because he thinks he's 'cute' and just can't control himself. That would be growing the fuck up.

Doesn't help thier case the way "they" drive. Just yesterday I was drinving down Aurora N. 35 MPH and an Asian woman slammed on her brakes and came to a complete stop right in front of me and turned on her left turn blinker completely ignoring that there was a left turn lane right next to her. DWA is a very comon occurance here in Seattle. "They" could help squash the characture if "they" didn't act the part.

Just sayin..:eusa_whistle:

Doesn't help thier case the way "they" drive. Just yesterday I was drinving down Aurora N. 35 MPH and an Asian woman slammed on her brakes and came to a complete stop right in front of me and turned on her left turn blinker completely ignoring that there was a left turn lane right next to her. DWA is a very comon occurance here in Seattle. "They" could help squash the characture if "they" didn't act the part.

Just sayin..:eusa_whistle:

You're a fucking moron. Just sayin...

Good point Unkotare.

Forum List

Back