Some of the Beauty of Maine

i live on the coast, well about a mile from it.... it is just beautiful!

brooksvillejuly07040.jpg

brooksvillejuly07034.jpg

brooksvillejuly07033.jpg

brooksvillejuly07027.jpg

brooksvillejuly07031.jpg

brooksvillejuly07016.jpg

WOW Gorgeous!

Comfort sounds nice, I guess July would be the month I'd visit Maine.
Looks very pretty.

mid may, june, or july......the earlier the better...you will see glorious fields with beautiful wild flowers, everywhere...it will be in the 70's during the day...

here are three links of other pics i took this past spring/summer:
NOTE! when you go in to the link, the upper right above the albulm, there is a left right schroll bar that you can make the albulm pics larger with if moved all the way to the right:
Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - Spring 2008 D... schroll down to midway on down, where local pics of the town and fields of flowers...this was may....apple blooms are may/june

Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - sandy point

here is our drive to bar harbor from our house, bar harbor/ acadia national park-late april/early may-before the leaf bloom

Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - springbar har...

Portland is at the head of Casco Bay. The bay itself is quite large; lots of islands to explore and lots of little ports and harbors all around it.
I am driving thru there sunday just to see the leaf colors.

Is there a crab shack or any other place that you can recommend to eat or see?

Thanks

I am driving thru there sunday just to see the leaf colors.

Is there a crab shack or any other place that you can recommend to eat or see?

Thanks

Lots of restaraunts on the Portland waterfront. They are all very good; some are more expensive than others. DeMillo's is a very good waterfront restaraunt (used to be a working ferry) if a bit pricey. Next door is the Lobster Pound; beautiful outdoor dining if the weather is nice.

mid may, june, or july......the earlier the better...you will see glorious fields with beautiful wild flowers, everywhere...it will be in the 70's during the day...

here are three links of other pics i took this past spring/summer:
NOTE! when you go in to the link, the upper right above the albulm, there is a left right schroll bar that you can make the albulm pics larger with if moved all the way to the right:
Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - Spring 2008 D... schroll down to midway on down, where local pics of the town and fields of flowers...this was may....apple blooms are may/june

Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - sandy point

here is our drive to bar harbor from our house, bar harbor/ acadia national park-late april/early may-before the leaf bloom

Picasa Web Albums - John Doe - springbar har...

Care4all, thank you for sharing those pictures they are breathtaking, I like the critters and the flowers with the close up of bees, boy Maine is amazing !

Care4all, thank you for sharing those pictures they are breathtaking, I like the critters and the flowers with the close up of bees, boy Maine is amazing !

The region i live in was named by the French settlers Acadia/Arcadia and its translation is Paradise....hahahahaha! And it fits! lot's of historical sites to visit for fun too!

The British kicked the French out and shipped them to Louisianna and they became with intermixing what are the Cajuns in Louisianna.... (indians were called for short back then injuns so, Dropping the A, Acadians or Ca-dians , would be pronounced Ca-juns similar to In-juns...juns replacing the dians in both cases...interesting, huh? Well, eventually after all the warring the Acadians were allowed to come back to their homes here...

Came to this region on vacation back in 2001 or 2002 with my parents, when i saw it, and got back home, i told my husband i had found the place that we were going to live for the rest of our lives, he saw the pics i took with my parents and said, OK! :) Sold our house 5 years later, came up here and bought one with a grand, open view near the sea and have lived happily ever after!

Here is the link with all of our pic albums since we moved here...you have to click on any pic, to go in to the album of pics...they are dated, so you should get a good feel for when you want to come....may has alot of flowering trees like my apple trees and wild plum trees but many trees without their leaves yet, and also the time for alot of bulbing flowers, perenials like tulips and Lupins and daffodils and crocus, by june you have all of the fauna and greenery like you are in Maui, like ferns that look tropical...just unbelievable really and daisies come up everywhere, even in the middle of your lawn, the apple blooms are still there early june and the wild beach roses which are a weed here, so help me God, are blooming everywhere and growing everywhere from late may thru mid to late july...

The fall is beautiful as well and i have taken some awesome pics of the beautiful change of leave colors on hillsides and across from the meadow at my house....but i ran out of space on my picassa account and have to purchase extra space which stinks but i really need to do it...

Picasa Web Albums - John Doe

We just moved here...less than 2 years ago, we feel like we are on vacation every single day we are here, and say every day, without a doubt, "I can't believe we live here!" hahahahahaha! Paradise :) (And I have lived in more than 20 states...dad was in the Service and i continued moving and trying new places in my grown up years, (or so i thought :) ) too!

Care

Last edited:
Care4all you should be in charge of the office of tourism for Maine, you sold me ! If I was able to relocate based on pure beauty Maine would definately be in the top picks! I haven't looked at all the pictures you just put on but wow the moon Intense! I will look more in depth later when i have a ltitle more time. Thansk again I really do love photos of scenary.

Lots of restaraunts on the Portland waterfront. They are all very good; some are more expensive than others. DeMillo's is a very good waterfront restaraunt (used to be a working ferry) if a bit pricey. Next door is the Lobster Pound; beautiful outdoor dining if the weather is nice.
best place for seafood is a bit further south
the clambake in Scarborough(Pine Point)
http://www.clambakerestaurant.com/
and its right off the beach/marsh

Thanks for sharing the nice pictures.
When I was young I spent my summers in Cape Elizabeth, Freeport and Gray Maine. I loved it and hope to visit there again someday.

New Topics

Forum List

Back