Some of my photo phun

Dixie

Jan 10, 2010
Nashville
These are all taken where I live, many off my terrace. I'll post a couple or three at a time...

26mar07duck.jpg

07april07robin.jpg

21mar2010duck2.jpg

Looks like an I phone. They don't have that great of resolution.

Dixie must have a ton of patience. Especially to get the cardinal pictures.

Lovely! Thank you so much,, how lucky for you to have that in your own backyard!

Looks like an I phone. They don't have that great of resolution.

Dixie must have a ton of patience. Especially to get the cardinal pictures.

No, it looks like it was taken with a PowerShot A540, but they do look a bit grainy. My guess would be that Dixie used digital zoom to get up close. Otherwise sometimes it can be due to a high ISO.

Regardless, considering the patience it takes to get a good up close picture of wildlife, they are pretty good pictures.

Yup, a Canon A540. Some were taken with zoom, some weren't. Someone said, "painting?"...That's the effect I was going for. And, having the creek here has turned out to be a mixed blessing. That little creek flooded the first of last month in the horrible flooding we had here. Flooded enough to submerge my car up to the top of the doors, and it was parked maybe 30 yards from the creek.

As for patience, these guys (Great Blue Heron) are the ones hard to get. They're not always around and they're very skittish.

greatblueheron-1.jpg

Baby ready to fly away from the nest for the first time.

babybird.jpg

Ohhh! that is really nice. Keep taking them and posting them up. So gald that you live in a wonderful place. We in the desert don't have much water to look at. But still love the wildlife.

Forum List

Back