Some of My Favorite Bible Verses - Paraphrased

If you grow up in a poor family and have a modicum of intelligence and a good bit of ambition, there is nothing to stop you from bettering yourself in this country, many people have done it. You have to want it.
My family was dirt poor farmers hell yes if you put your mind too it you can do anything without the governments help.

Bullshit. Just because you were able to do it doesn't mean EVERYBODY ELSE can do it.

That is the dumbest thing you ever said. Why can't they do it?

My family was dirt poor farmers hell yes if you put your mind too it you can do anything without the governments help.

Bullshit. Just because you were able to do it doesn't mean EVERYBODY ELSE can do it.

People who are mentally ill, substance abusing, or who have domestic violence going on, aren't always able to raise themselves out of poverty level.

We're not all the same. Assuming that people remain poor because they are "lazy" is a bunch of crap. Most wealth stays in the hands of the wealthy.

Last edited:
Ah, so you're another one of those people who put's words in the mouths of those people you're 'debating' with? It's called dishonesty, and if that's all you have to make your point, you're in sad shape. ;) And not worth the hassle.

Nice dodge. So when you're owned on the points, you sling insults and blame the other person. Christian, right?

I asked about poor kids and you replied "Well they should just make the best of it! I've seen people do this and that!" but you never addressed the point in the first place. Not that you ever do. You just blame others and dodge when you realize someone with a differing view might have a legitimate point. Ego.
Why not just show a little character and say something like "Well you do have a point there. Of course there ARE cases in which..."
Ego. Always easy to spot. Some people can never just say "You're right" or "I hadn't thought of that" and certainly never "I apologize".
But that's fine. You imply that a woman I discussed who lost her husband in Iraq is a "loser" and her parent should make the best of it - and I'm the one who's so horrible. Ah those fine Conservative Christian values...

No, that's not what I said, dishonesty again. And that I called any specific person a loser is an out and out lie, but I'm sure you won't own up to your dishonesty, it's your MO.

What should 12 year olds with poor parents do in your opinion? Blow school off, disrespect everything around them, do drugs, don't get an education and end up just like their parents? Poor? Why doesn't it surprise me that you wouldn't advocate good values like studying, getting good grades in school, and trying to make something out of your life? You would just teach them to put their hands out, and when someone doesn't fill it up, call everyone around them 'selfish'. Is that what you did? Or did Mommy and Daddy pave the way for you?

So let's see. I brought up a specific woman with kids and asked you about them. Your reply?
"If the 12 year old has a parent that cares about them, the parent should be encouraging them to do as good as they can." and then you ended with the lovely little bit in the same post about "There are many kids that have excelled despite all the negative circumstances surrounding them, including having losers for parents."

Now maybe you didnt mean the mom in the post and circumstances you were replying to, was the uncaring loser you used in your reply. That's possible. Can you see where a misunderstanding might be possible?
I'm sure you won't acknowledge that. That would require character.

Fine. You are right and I am wrong. I misunderstood and thought you were referring to the woman and kids in the post you were replying to. If you say you were not, I will take you at your word.

So. You continue to dodge. Obviously, you don't work with the homeless. it's hard. It breaks my firggin' heart sometimes.
If a kid has to be in line, in order to get breakfast, they're not worried about grades. Especially the younger ones. What do I think a 12 year old should do? Eat. Go to school if at all possible - but the fine Republicans want to get rid of free lunches at schools. Needless entitlements and all that. Those kids need to learn how to "make the best of it!".
So the kids will miss school in order to get in line for lunch at the mission. But you don't want to talk about them not eating. You want to discuss why they should have a positive attitude!
Oh and you want to talk about me personally. And my parents.
Shall I bring your family into this?
No. I'm not a Conservative Christian so I won't stoop that low.
If I did such a thing, I would apologize. But you won't.
Just as before, you will justify such a classless act by saying "Well I didn't say anything about you or them, I just asked"
Shall I ask a question about you and your family?
Like I said, I won't stoop.

So you won't address the facts and points. We know that.
And certainly don't admit you may have had any fault in our little misunderstanding. We know that too.
You won't admit any wrongdoing, that's for sure.
You will do only what your character allows you to do.
It's predictable.

Last edited:

People who are mentally ill, substance abusing, or who have domestic violence going on, aren't always able to raise themselves out of poverty level.

We're not all the same. Assuming that people remain poor because they are "lazy" is a bunch of crap. Most wealth stays in the hands of the wealthy.

I guess you missed the part where he mentioned that some people have factors that hold them back, but that there is no reason anyone who is healthy cannot change their circumstances.

I guess you missed the part where he mentioned that some people have factors that hold them back, but that there is no reason anyone who is healthy cannot change their circumstances.

I agree that the healthy can change their circumstances. I disagree that all poor people who stay poor due so because of laziness.

I agree that the healthy can change their circumstances. I disagree that all poor people who stay poor due so because of laziness.

I don't think he said that either.

Koshergrl implied it:

So what? Anyone can be filthy rich, if they're motivated to succeed, and make the decisions that reflect that motivation.

Finish school. Wait to have sex. Wait to get married. Make sacrifices...

:popcorn:

This thread is rife with extremes, from some of the usual suspects. The funny thing for me is that UnhingedLogic doesn't seem to have a clue how extreme he is.

Koshergrl implied it:

So what? Anyone can be filthy rich, if they're motivated to succeed, and make the decisions that reflect that motivation.

This thread is rife with extremes, from some of the usual suspects. The funny thing for me is that UnhingedLogic doesn't seem to have a clue how extreme he is.

Interesting. As usual, you post nothing on the topic and sling a petty insult. I guess that's just your character.
What's funny is you do this in a post where i'm not even quoted.

I posted about working with the homeless. Real life experience at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission. I'm sorry but that is extreme how?
Oh wait it's you. Nothing on posts or subjects.
Yeah, that feeding the poor thing. Christian Conservatives just hate that shit.

Those danm poor should just think positive! Make the best of it! And all that prattle.

Koshergrl implied it:

Interesting. As usual, you post nothing on the topic and sling a petty insult. I guess that's just your character.

I posted about working with the homeless. Real life experience at the Las Vegas Rescue Mission. I'm sorry but that is extreme how?

Those danm poor should just think positive! Make the best of it! And all that prattle.

What do you have against petty insults? You opened your thread with them and have continued sprinkling them around as you go.

But do go on. I'm enjoying your thread immensely. The level of bias and intolerance you display while posturing as a paragon of generosity of spirit is right up there with Unkotare's.

/back to lurking

Koshergrl implied it:

What do you have against petty insults? You opened your thread with them and have continued sprinkling them around as you go.

But do go on. I'm enjoying your thread immensely. The level of bias and intolerance you display while posturing as a paragon of generosity of spirit is right up there with Unkotare's.

/back to lurking

Well at least you're predictible! Zero on any subject or issue. Conservative Christian, right?

Yeah we knew that :)

/back to lurking

Well at least you're predictible! Zero on any subject or issue. Conservative Christian, right?

Yeah, I'm one of those pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, anti-death-penalty, live-and-let-live Conservative Christians. lol

Face it. You're a petty man who needs to be seen as better than others. It's more than just those Conservative Christians whom you revile who can see it. Of course I can understand why you would feel a need to believe that everyone who is laughing at your intolerance is in that group you have such disdain for. That makes things simpler.

Ooops, I took his bait. ;)

I'll try not to do it again, but no promises. :D

Koshergrl implied it:

I generally skip her posts.

Tis fun to watch him try to claim the middle, isn't it?

Last edited:

/back to lurking

Yeah, I'm one of those pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, anti-death-penalty, live-and-let-live Conservative Christians. lol

Face it. You're a petty man who needs to be seen as better than others. It's more than just those Conservative Christians whom you revile who can see it. Of course I can understand why you would feel a need to believe that everyone who is laughing at your intolerance is in that group you have such disdain for. That makes things simpler.

Ooops, I took his bait. ;)

I'll try not to do it again, but no promises. :D

Ah. Then I was wrong about the Conservative part. And yes, I hold those who preach charity in their words but complain about the inconvenience of not letting the poor starve, in disdain. Typically, they fall into the same group but you are evidence such hypocrisy can come in any flavor.
So how have I been intolerant by pointing out that poor children exist in America?

Oh wait, that's right. You don't discuss topics and issues, do you? You just tell everyone else what they're thinking and so on. Projection. I mean I could project that you're just another angry fat chick with a few cats and a miserable existence who does nothing of import, goes nowhere amazing, has no real purpose, contributes nothing of meaning and has so little offer that instead of posting opinions and views the way intelligent people do, you have to post about other people - but I won't do that.
I'll just say that I haven't seen you post an opinion of your own about a topic or issue. All I've een you post about other people. The ones who are smart enough to have opinions. Yeah them. Of course, I could be wrong! Let me look back through this thread......
Oops. No, I was right after all.

Oops! I took her bait. ;)

I promise I won't do it again. Ignore is just a beautiful thing!

:D

You see what you want to see while pretending to have special perception.

"So how have I been intolerant by pointing out that poor children exist in America?" :lmao:

The strawman apocalypse has begun.

Yeah, I'm one of those pro-choice, pro-gay-marriage, anti-death-penalty, live-and-let-live Conservative Christians.

Except for that pro-choice thing, you sound like you're Catholic. But, what you are is a "kill the babies, punish people for refusing to contribute to homosexual behavior, protect the murderers, and never-live-and-let-live shitheads.

Forum List

Back