Some Of Marvel’s SJW Comics Are Getting Cancelled

None of this is a good thing.Here's the real problem Marvel has. The money is in the TV shows and Movies, not in the actual comic books. The Comic books are only being written for collectors.So Marvel recently cancelled The Fantastic Four? Why? Because they don't own the movie rights to it and the people who do have made some truly awful movies about them. They've been slowly killing off the X-Men in the comics because they don't own them, either.Now, what you bewail as "Social Justice Warriors" is really just Marvel trying to expand the comics beyond their base of white guys. So of course, a character like America Chavez is going to drive the base right up the flue.
`
`

Note Well;
`
It's a lot more complicated than that. Disney/Marvel still own the rights to create and produce comics....and in many cases, the movie rights too. But not all of them; Superheroes That Marvel Does Not Own the [Movie] Rights to Anymore - Movies have become the big cash cows now, not the comics per se. While Marvel may be dropping their comic line of X-Men and Fantastic Four, they still own the titles and that is being done by Disney in their tit-for-tat war with Sony. Comic sales have nothing to do with it.

However, with SWJ comic titles, sales have always been lackluster and its actually the comic book distributors that want then to drop certain SWJ titles. It has NOTHING to do with white boys or comics aggregate audience at all.
`
Nonsense.

Distributors want certain titles canceled because of poor sales, because those titles are being rejected by consumers of comic books.

The only thing distributors care about is making money – they couldn’t care less about the titles otherwise.

So yes, it has everything to do with those who buy and read comic books.

Nonsense.Distributors want certain titles canceled because of poor sales, because those titles are being rejected by consumers of comic books.The only thing distributors care about is making money – they couldn’t care less about the titles otherwise.So yes, it has everything to do with those who buy and read comic books.
`
`

Of course it's all about money. And like with newspapers, books, magazines, etc, all non electronic mediums are taking a hit. However, Marvel has been forcing certain titles on the distributors, like the SWJ comics and they are just not selling. It still has nothing to do with "white boys" as the comic buying public has become a lot more diversified but even among women, an in-your-face, super hero lesbian comic has little appeal.

Nobody wants to read faggoty comic books, seriously.
I thought that the target audience for comic books is naturally younger readers teens and older pre teen . At least that was my age when I eagerly awaited Marvel comics which I bought at "Joe's News " in South Miami corner of Sunset and Red Road . I think that was has happened is a transitioning or morphing of the comic book as it becomes the venue matrix for older audiences in Films and other electronic media ...my guess is this is why some real life issues are being introduced into the comics genre in order to appeal to a somewhat broader more mature audience . Some of this efforts at broadening appeal will certainly fail [comic character cancellation] just as some may succeed. It is a business so its about money certainly...

Forum List

Back