Some of Edwards buddies helping Saddam?

insein

Apr 10, 2004
Philadelphia, Amazing huh...
http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2004/07/06/1089000160800.html

Saddam lawyer claims convoy of 1000 legal experts ready to ride to his defence
Date: July 7 2004

Amman: A convoy of buses is expected to transport hundreds of legal experts to Baghdad in a show of support for Saddam Hussein, his Jordan-based defence team said.

Issam Ghazawi, a prominent lawyer and one of the 21-strong defence team hired by Saddam's wife, Sajida Khairallah, said on Monday that among the large contingent of lawyers ready to defend Saddam are 700 non-Arabs, including 400 Americans and Europeans.

Two hundred legal consultants worldwide have also pledged to help in the case, he said. "More than half of the over 2000 lawyers volunteering to defend President Saddam are expected to join the trip," Mr Ghazawi said.

A meeting in Amman today will make the preparations for the overland trip to Baghdad.

Lawyers have expressed fears about their personal safety in Iraq, citing remarks by officials who attacked Arabs who defend Saddam as a nationalist hero who fought the Americans.

They also expect to encounter objections by Iraqi lawyers, who say existing laws bar foreigners from defending their countrymen in local courts.

The defence team again contacted US officials last week requesting access to their client. Past requests have been ignored, they say.

Saddam appeared before an Iraqi judge last Thursday to face charges that may lead to a formal indictment for war crimes, crimes against humanity and genocide.

He was not represented by a lawyer and refused to sign a statement acknowledging that he had been charged and read his rights - including a right to legal counsel.

Many lawyers describe the trial as a political vendetta by the former Iraqi leader's foes and say only an international court would guarantee an impartial and fair hearing.

Aisha Gaddafi, daughter of the Libyan leader, Muammar Gaddafi, told Saddam's lawyers she wanted to join them after seeing the televised court appearance.

Ms Gaddafi set up a Libyan team to defend Saddam and pledged to send international law jurists.

Reuters

How any American can defend this POS saddens me. Im sure they are buddies of Michael Moore and his ilk. Or maybe John Edwards has crossed paths with a few of these fine lawyers. :rolleyes:

This is turning to a ridiculous spectacle. Saddam's guilty everyone knows that. Hang him off a bridge now and quit dragging this out. UnF**king real..................:ali:

This reminds me of that joke about what to call 1,000 lawyers at the bottom of the sea... is there a damn near the courthouse?

linking edwards to this simply because he's a lawyer is like linking bush to blowjobs in the oval office, simply because he's a president. :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice Aisha is a dyed blond with botox lips and tries to look like Pamela Anderson?

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1040704/asp/frontpage/story_3452593.asp

Aisha, in her mid-20s, has been variously described as a “law graduate” and a “law professor”. Other than her pin-up good looks and blonde locks, not much is known about the daughter of the leader of Libya, which has just re-established relations with the West.

A statement issued by a charity headed by Aisha said she wanted to guarantee that Saddam received a “fair trial (based on) the principle that all accused should be presumed innocent until proven guilty”.

“Dr Aisha Gaddafi is henceforth part of our team as she requested. I have sent her a letter of confirmation,” said lawyer Mohammed Rashdan, part of the group hired by Saddam’s wife and daughters. Rashdan said it had not been decided what role Aisha would play in the team, which has not yet been allowed to enter Iraq.

Doctor Aisha with her law degree is capable of probably sucking a mean dick for Saddam but otherwise serves as a front for Gaddafi's money in his defence.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
linking edwards to this simply because he's a lawyer is like linking bush to blowjobs in the oval office, simply because he's a president. :rolleyes:

It was a joke DK. He's a trial lawyer that goes after high profile, high money cases. Same as these lawyers. Bush hasn't had an affair...well ever as far as ive seen. So i see no comparison between the 2.

Originally posted by insein
It was a joke DK. He's a trial lawyer that goes after high profile, high money cases. Same as these lawyers. Bush hasn't had an affair...well ever as far as ive seen. So i see no comparison between the 2.

you missed the joke then, but your last line pretty much summed up what I was referring to with edwards and saddams buddies.

Yea, kind of an idiotic thread title, insein.

Kind of like saying that Bush has a warm, fuzzy relationship with the bin Laden and Saud families.:rolleyes:

Oh, wait, maybe he does...:D

Originally posted by nycflasher
Yea, kind of an idiotic thread title, insein.

Kind of like saying that Bush has a warm, fuzzy relationship with the bin Laden and Saud families.:rolleyes:

Oh, wait, maybe he does...:D

Eh it was meant that trial lawyers are scum. Well most anyway. How else do you explain 400 of them running to defend a mass murderer for the mere chance of having their name heard. Edwards undoubtedly has friends that are lawyers. It was merely a satire on the situation that trial lawyers, like Edwards are running off to defend Saddam.

Strange how you hate it when something untrue about a Democratic candidate gets you all riled up there NYC.

http://www.smh.com.au/text/articles/2004/07/06/1089000160800.html

How any American can defend this POS saddens me. Im sure they are buddies of Michael Moore and his ilk. Or maybe John Edwards has crossed paths with a few of these fine lawyers. :rolleyes:

I see. Edwards is buddies with ALL the lawyers in the world. And you're a Bush supporter, so you must be buddies with ALL Bush supporters, like, the KKK, for instance.

It was a joke DK. He's a trial lawyer that goes after high profile, high money cases.

Sounds like capitalism at work to me.

Originally posted by posternutbag
Sounds like capitalism at work to me.

True. IT is capitalistic to go after opportunity. But these guys create cases that are larger based upon people's gullabilty instead of doing what is right. He made his money, he duped those jurors I'll give him that. But he's just as bad as Enron if not worse because he drives up the costs for everyone in health insurance then claims we need to pay more taxes to fund universal healthcare.

Originally posted by posternutbag
I see. Edwards is buddies with ALL the lawyers in the world. And you're a Bush supporter, so you must be buddies with ALL Bush supporters, like, the KKK, for instance.

LOL, Bravo!

True. IT is capitalistic to go after opportunity. But these guys create cases that are larger based upon people's gullabilty instead of doing what is right

I see. So the lawyers just make up all the facts to the cases and hire actors as witnesses?

He made his money, he duped those jurors I'll give him that.

Which jurors, or juries, in particular, did he dupe? And how exactly did he dupe them?

But he's just as bad as Enron if not worse because he drives up the costs for everyone in health insurance then claims we need to pay more taxes to fund universal healthcare.

And which of his cases, in particular, do you believe resulted in unfair decisions?

How bout the one where he sued the doctor for giving a child cerebal paulsy during birth. He basically said he read the monitor read-outs and translated them to have the child say "something is wrong." He then went on to channel the child through himself like he was a psychic. He claimed he could feel the child through him and that she was saying not to fell pity for her, but to be strong.

http://www.anncoulter.org/
http://www.gopwing.com/modules.php?...=article&sid=12
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPrint.as...L20040202a.html
http://www.overlawyered.com/archives/000778.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Despite the overwrought claims of Edwards' dazzling legal skills, winning jury verdicts in personal injury cases has nothing to do with legal talent and everything to do with getting the right cases -- unless "talent" is taken to mean "having absolutely no shame." Edwards specialized in babies with cerebral palsy whom he claimed would have been spared the affliction if only the doctors had immediately performed Caesarean sections.

As a result of such lawsuits, there are now more than four times as many Caesarean sections as there were in 1970. But curiously, there has been no change in the rate of babies born with cerebral palsy. As The New York Times reported: "Studies indicate that in most cases, the disorder is caused by fetal brain injury long before labor begins." All those Caesareans have, however, increased the mother's risk of death, hemorrhage, infection, pulmonary embolism and Mendelson's syndrome.

In addition, the "little guys" Edwards claims to represent are having a lot more trouble finding doctors to deliver their babies these days as obstetricians leave the practice rather than pay malpractice insurance in excess of $100,000 a year.

In one of Edwards' silver-tongued arguments to the jury on behalf of a girl born with cerebral palsy, he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, Jennifer Campbell, who was speaking to the jurors through him:

"She said at 3, 'I'm fine.' She said at 4, 'I'm having a little trouble, but I'm doing OK.' Five, she said, 'I'm having problems.' At 5:30, she said, 'I need out.'"

"She speaks to you through me and I have to tell you right now -- I didn't plan to talk about this -- right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea nothing made up there.:rolleyes:

all of which have nothing to do with defending hussein, but I see your point.

As i have said, Edwards is a trial lawyer and was in the news that day. I figured id grab more attention by placing his name there.

Funny how people get all worked up over a loosely based fact when it opposes their own views. :p: (no DK that is not meant at you to solve any conflicts before they begin)

How bout the one where he sued the doctor for giving a child cerebal paulsy during birth. He basically said he read the monitor read-outs and translated them to have the child say "something is wrong." He then went on to channel the child through himself like he was a psychic. He claimed he could feel the child through him and that she was saying not to fell pity for her, but to be strong.

http://www.anncoulter.org/
http://www.gopwing.com/modules.php?...=article&sid=12
http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewPrint.as...L20040202a.html
http://www.overlawyered.com/archives/000778.html

Yea nothing made up there.:rolleyes:

Is this all you've got? Big deal. So he was wrong. So were the jurors and/or judges who decided his case. You hate them, too?

Forum List

Back