Some Investment Advice

Joe Bruno

Oct 11, 2019
San Diego
I have a very good stockbroker. He made my retirement comfortable.

The long term return on stocks is about 12%.
The smart way to invest is in mutual funds, in which the expert traders do all the trading for you.
They have the resources to do research, the expertise to trade, and the time to watch the stocks
24/7.

Or low cost ETFs.

Exactly! Why would anybody pay the fees on Muni’s when you can achieve the same thing without the fees through ETF’s. All you pay is commission, and if you have your account with Schwab you pay no commission on most ETFs.
/——/ TD Ameritrade and others no longer charge any commissions on trades.

OK, I guess that was too subtle for a progressive "mind" to grasp.

Buy EBT card from drunken layabout at 50-cents on the dollar. The card itself if of no value to the drunk since it can't be used to buy more booze so he/she/it (which ARE you?) it's a willing sale.

Use the EBT card to purchase legitimate stuff at full presto and save your earned cash.

Illegal? Yes.
Immoral? Yes.
But, hey, we're all liberals here so none of that shit matters!

OK, I guess that was too subtle for a progressive "mind" to grasp.

Buy EBT card from drunken layabout at 50-cents on the dollar. The card itself if of no value to the drunk since it can't be used to buy more booze so he/she/it (which ARE you?) it's a willing sale.

Use the EBT card to purchase legitimate stuff at full presto and save your earned cash.

Illegal? Yes.
Immoral? Yes.
But, hey, we're all liberals here so none of that shit matters!
/----/ Back in the early 1980s I had a friend who ran a small trucking company. He had an employee who offered anyone around if they wanted to buy his extra food stamps for 50 cents on the dollar. Apparently he scammed the system and got multiple books each month and had al the food he and his family could possibly eat. He made sure of that, and the rest was just found money. I thought you had found something new like selling call options on a new ETF - called EBT at 50% off.

I have a very good stockbroker. He made my retirement comfortable.

The long term return on stocks is about 12%.
The smart way to invest is in mutual funds, in which the expert traders do all the trading for you.
They have the resources to do research, the expertise to trade, and the time to watch the stocks
24/7.
You are fortunate you had a good broker who picked good performing mutual funds. I had a broker in my younger days who was terrible, managing to lose money in an up year for the market. I fired him and managed my own money ever since. You'd be surprised what you can figure out, and no one will watch your money closer than you. But different strokes for different folks.

Forum List

Back