Some Interesting Info On Frontline

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
Some of you may allready know the difference between Frontline flea products and others. I was a little worried recently because I didn't realise flea products can be so harmful to dogs and cats. My Aussie mix,Dodger has a severe flea allergy-he has to have Frontline. I looked up how Frontline works and found it does indeed work differently than others.
http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/sub2_how.asp

Notice it is absorbed into the oil glands and NOT the bloodstream,which would mean it doesn't hurt the kidneys and so on.

Just a little info I thought was interesting,and gave me a peace of mind.

krisy said:
Some of you may allready know the difference between Frontline flea products and others. I was a little worried recently because I didn't realise flea products can be so harmful to dogs and cats. My Aussie mix,Dodger has a severe flea allergy-he has to have Frontline. I looked up how Frontline works and found it does indeed work differently than others.
http://frontline.us.merial.com/products/sub2_how.asp

Notice it is absorbed into the oil glands and NOT the bloodstream,which would mean it doesn't hurt the kidneys and so on.

Just a little info I thought was interesting,and gave me a peace of mind.
We used Frontline on our past dog, Frontline Plus on the new pup.
We've never had a problem with fleas while using it. Works great!

Mr. P said:

The stuff is awesome. I believe the Plus kills the eggs too,that's what we usually get.

Mr. P said:

I read an article on fleas once that stated fleas don't survive above 5000 ft. I know that the ten years I lived in Denver none of my Afghans(3) had fleas. I didn't use anything on them, they just didn't have them. None of my cats had them either.

This article was in Telluride magazine and agrees with the dog and cat fleas but claimother species of fleas do exist at altitude.

"Many parasites have evolved to survive harsh conditions, and as such they pose a problem for local pets. Although the dog and cat species of fleas do not live at Telluride’s elevation, fleas associated with other animals do, and they can temporarily infest our pets. Ticks can abound in the woods and grass, especially during wet weather. Lice, mites and fungal diseases are passed from pet to pet. One of the most dangerous diseases, heartworm, is carried by a mosquito and has been moving inland from the east and west coasts for many years. It may not be long before it is found in Telluride."

My poor surviving Afghan that I moved to Texas experienced not only the unbearable humid heat but also the attack of fleas and mosquitoes for the first time, I'm sure he hated me for doing such a thing.

Forum List

Back