Some inadvertent truths about Obama

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Some inadvertent truths | obama, president, government - Opinion - The Orange County Register
The president recently told a campaign gathering that, "[W]e tried our plan – and it worked."

"Worked" apparently means something different to Obama than to, say, working Americans. Did the president mean that it "worked" when U.S. business startups dropped from 554,109 in 1987 to 394,623 in 2010?

When Obama took office, unemployment was 7.8 percent. It is now 8.2 percent. Perhaps Obama's plan worked in the way a U.S. major meant during the Vietnam War when he said, "It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

What are we to make of a president who proclaims with the certainty of a sunrise that, "If I don't get the unemployment rate under 7 percent, I deserve to be a one-term president," then runs for a second term even though unemployment has been above 8 percent his entire tenure? Did he not mean what he said? Or did he mean it in a way we simply don't understand?

Four years ago Obama told an interviewer that even if raising the capital-gains tax rate resulted in less tax collected, as it has in the past, it's only "fair" to raise the rate because he believes "the rich" should pay more, period. Therefore, taxes aren't to pay for necessary government functions. Taxes "work" when they dish out punitive "fairness," at least in Obama-ese.

"I guess shovel-ready jobs weren't quite as shovel-ready as we thought," Obama quipped to the amusement of his jobs czar, Jeffrey Immelt.

Early warning signs were plentiful. But apparently people read something else into even Obama's bluntest confessions of faith. For example, Obama's memorable explanation of his fiscal philosophy to the man dubbed Joe the Plumber: "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

What should we have inferred from those words? Probably not what came to pass. He probably didn't mean that, four years later, poverty would be "spreading at record levels across many groups from underemployed workers and suburban families to the poorest poor," as Newsday recently reported. Or that, "More discouraged workers are giving up on the job market, leaving them vulnerable as unemployment aid begins to run out."

Surely he didn't mean that. Or did he?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

I don't like him at all but you have to admit, he's done real well for himself since he came to America. He could have never have pulled off his brand of bullshit in Africa. Africans are smarter than our liberal Democrats.

*shrugs* Attacking Obama doesn't get votes. Explaining what is good about your candidate is pretty much what's going to do it.

It would also very much help if you would show what he did as a politician and not a business man. In this case what did he do in Massachusetts as Governor... I personally don't care what he did for himself or stockholders... What did he do for his state and the people within it? Run on that track record, if you can. If you can't... You fucked.

Some inadvertent truths | obama, president, government - Opinion - The Orange County Register
The president recently told a campaign gathering that, "[W]e tried our plan – and it worked."

"Worked" apparently means something different to Obama than to, say, working Americans. Did the president mean that it "worked" when U.S. business startups dropped from 554,109 in 1987 to 394,623 in 2010?

When Obama took office, unemployment was 7.8 percent. It is now 8.2 percent. Perhaps Obama's plan worked in the way a U.S. major meant during the Vietnam War when he said, "It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

What are we to make of a president who proclaims with the certainty of a sunrise that, "If I don't get the unemployment rate under 7 percent, I deserve to be a one-term president," then runs for a second term even though unemployment has been above 8 percent his entire tenure? Did he not mean what he said? Or did he mean it in a way we simply don't understand?

Four years ago Obama told an interviewer that even if raising the capital-gains tax rate resulted in less tax collected, as it has in the past, it's only "fair" to raise the rate because he believes "the rich" should pay more, period. Therefore, taxes aren't to pay for necessary government functions. Taxes "work" when they dish out punitive "fairness," at least in Obama-ese.

"I guess shovel-ready jobs weren't quite as shovel-ready as we thought," Obama quipped to the amusement of his jobs czar, Jeffrey Immelt.

Early warning signs were plentiful. But apparently people read something else into even Obama's bluntest confessions of faith. For example, Obama's memorable explanation of his fiscal philosophy to the man dubbed Joe the Plumber: "I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody."

What should we have inferred from those words? Probably not what came to pass. He probably didn't mean that, four years later, poverty would be "spreading at record levels across many groups from underemployed workers and suburban families to the poorest poor," as Newsday recently reported. Or that, "More discouraged workers are giving up on the job market, leaving them vulnerable as unemployment aid begins to run out."

Surely he didn't mean that. Or did he?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......

The new Commerce Department report claims government deficit spending did more to boost the economy in the early days of the recession than at first believed, but Mr. Obama’s statisticians revise the past more than any previous administration, and always in ways that support the White House narrative. “He is deliberately misrepresenting this,” Mr. Clinton said in 1992. “Here’s a person with a terrible record on government spending and a terrible record on jobs and a person who broke his word on taxes. He has no credibility.” Twenty years later, it’s still the economy, stupid.

EDITORIAL: Obama

Claiming an economic win just proves how badly America needs a different president.

*shrugs* Attacking Obama doesn't get votes. Explaining what is good about your candidate is pretty much what's going to do it.

It would also very much help if you would show what he did as a politician and not a business man. In this case what did he do in Massachusetts as Governor... I personally don't care what he did for himself or stockholders... What did he do for his state and the people within it? Run on that track record, if you can. If you can't... You fucked.

speaking the truth is an attack?

Wow... talk about completely missing the message. Carry on then.

you talk almost entirely about Romney in a thread about Obama, and then whine like a little bitch that I missed your point? Be gone, dumb ass.

Agreed, we know the economy remains in the dumps; an attack on our shores, two wars, and a tax giveaway to those outside the US, wherein trillions went OUT of the country, left us in the RED. What is Romney's plan? Obama has had foreign policy victories, but his economic record should be addressed, not simply bemoaned.

you talk almost entirely about Romney in a thread about Obama, and then whine like a little bitch that I missed your point? Be gone, dumb ass.
Yeah... You are obviously one of those people who really doesn't care that his/her chosen representative actually gets into office. It's all good by me. Continue on as you were...

Yeah... You are obviously one of those people who really doesn't care that his/her chosen representative actually gets into office. It's all good by me. Continue on as you were...

So you have made up your mind....
Supporting democrats I suppose......

Do feel pride or shame at the illegal activities of this admin that includes murder?

You must be so proud of your candidate for avoiding attacking his opponent and running on his own stellar record.:D

Yeah... You are obviously one of those people who really doesn't care that his/her post actually pertains to the thread topic. It's all good by me. Continue on as you were... dumb ass

So you have made up your mind....
My mind is never "made up" other than to say I will only support the candidate that agrees with my own values. The time to vote hasn't come yet, so there is time to change my mind on who to vote for.

Supporting democrats I suppose......
Negative. I've never voted for a democrat. Came close. But it has yet to happen.

Do feel pride or shame at the illegal activities of this admin that includes murder?
Loaded question. I feel neither of those for Obama.

You must be so proud of your candidate for avoiding attacking his opponent and running on his own stellar record.:D
Ron Paul... And yes... I am.

Ron Paul... And yes... I am.

Oh, now I understand the bitterness.:eusa_whistle:

That would mean your values include:

1. Killing the unborn.
2. Borrowing at all time highest levels and forcing young people to pay it back.
3. Redistribution of wealth.
4. A new higher level of unemployment for years to come.

Yeah... You are obviously one of those people who really doesn't care that his/her post actually pertains to the thread topic. It's all good by me. Continue on as you were... dumb ass
*shrugs* Trying to help you out. You obviously don't want it. By all means... Continue. It's not like I can stop you, nor do I wish to try.

Edit: Thanks for the negative rep though... It does help me understand some things that I'm still feeling out on the boards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back