Some idiocy knows no bounds

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
Fined for hunting without licenses, trapping tiny geckos with styrofoam cups

PALO PINTO, Texas -- Three teenagers could be out hundreds of dollars for hunting lizards.

The three used a flashlight and a cup a few nights ago to collect geckos from a wall of the Palo Pinto Courthouse. The teens had collected dozens of geckos when a sheriff's deputy spotted them.

A game warden later cited the three for hunting without a license. They now face fines of up to $500. They will be in court within the next few weeks to face illegal hunting charges.

The teenagers reportedly were collecting the geckos to sell them to pet stores.

We've come to expect this kind of moronic stupidity from California, but Texas?

What's the bag limit on geckos?

You mean to tell me there actually IS a LAW that a LISENCE is needed to hunt gecko's?

fucking stupid. and as they are prosecuting these kids for 'hunting geckos', the bastards that took my son are out probably snatching someone elses kid.

Yeah. Makes PERFECT sense. :wtf:

I can only guess that the game warden is classifying flash lights and cups as hunting weapons. All the nightcrawler gatherers better watch out.

Crimany. Yeah, you know how valuable those gecko hides can be.

Maybe they were going to make their own insurance commercial.

Some years back my son found a horned toad lizard on a trip near the Mexican border and brought him back to Austin. A friend told a friend etc---and I get a call from some animal society telling me I had illegally transported an endangered species. I had to take the lizard to this guy and draw him a map of EXACTLY where we found it to avoid "prosecution". It never ends!
:poop:

insein said:
Fucking animal rights nazis. They can all blow me.

Oh my god I just about laughed myself OUT of my chair!!!! :laugh:
That was GREAT!!!!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Forum List

Back