Some Guy Snagged $1 Million from Trump Fans

alpine

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2012
Some Guy Snagged $1 Million from Trump Fans with a Fake Dinner Contest

As Politico reports, Ian Hawes, a 25-year-old self-proclaimed "registered genius" who has no affiliation with the Trump campaign, has control of the domain namedinnerwithtrump.org and an affiliated PAC. The project teases a chance to enjoy a meal with the presidential hopeful, and although participants don't have to donate to enter the contest, the website has reportedly fooled over 20,000 donors into ponying up to boost their chances. Hawes has raked in some $1 million in donations—none of which has made it to the Trump campaign. A large tranche of the money has instead found its way into CartSoft LLC, a company Hawes owns, according to the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

"I assumed it was coming from Trump and we donated $1,000 because you might have a better chance [at winning the dinner] than if you'd given $100," David Easlick, a Virginia-based lawyer, told Politico after learning the truth of Hawes's scheme.

Some Guy Snagged $1 Million from Trump Fans with a Fake Dinner Contest | VICE | United States

The Apprentice :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

As Politico reports, Ian Hawes, a 25-year-old self-proclaimed "registered genius" who has no affiliation with the Trump campaign, has control of the domain namedinnerwithtrump.org and an affiliated PAC. The project teases a chance to enjoy a meal with the presidential hopeful, and although participants don't have to donate to enter the contest, the website has reportedly fooled over 20,000 donors into ponying up to boost their chances. Hawes has raked in some $1 million in donations—none of which has made it to the Trump campaign. A large tranche of the money has instead found its way into CartSoft LLC, a company Hawes owns, according to the Federal Election Commission (FEC).

"I assumed it was coming from Trump and we donated $1,000 because you might have a better chance [at winning the dinner] than if you'd given $100," David Easlick, a Virginia-based lawyer, told Politico after learning the truth of Hawes's scheme.

Some Guy Snagged $1 Million from Trump Fans with a Fake Dinner Contest | VICE | United States

The Apprentice :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:
Looks like this kid and Trump both have republican voters figured out :laugh:

Now we know the rep nominee for 2020 :D

Fraud pleasures lefties? Color me shocked! But they have his name and it is still illegal so his cell mate will get the last laugh.

Fraud pleasures lefties? Color me shocked! But they have his name and it is still illegal so his cell mate will get the last laugh.

I thought Trump fans LOVED scammers...
Ohhhh, thats as long they are not the ones being scammed...
I get it now...
My bad...

I get it now...
My bad...
You get shit. That's about it. If you support him you're a Trump fan and love scams? The corruption in government has been scamming all of us, wake up!

Leftists again having no problem with fraud... it's apparently funny to be a victim of fraud.

This man will come along well with Hillary in prison.

I get it now...
My bad...
You get shit. That's about it. If you support him you're a Trump fan and love scams? The corruption in government has been scamming all of us, wake up!

"The corruption in government has been scamming all of us..."

And your solution is; to elect a big ass sociopath crook as the president...
That is, ehm, smart... :lmao:

It is just as ( maybe even a tad less ) fraud as Trump himself...

So if you look at it carefully; Trump fans, in fact, supported the idea of "Trump", by donating to this cause... :lmao:

Gullible Trump supporters getting conned. Imagine that.

Fraud was committed and you celebrate it? Folks, It is people like this who support Hillary for President. Not surprising they would support a lying criminal that uses the dirtiest tactics to win an election.

Fraud was committed and you celebrate it? Folks, It is people like this who support Hillary for President. Not surprising they would support a lying criminal that uses the dirtiest tactics to win an election.
No fraud. Didn't you read the article? The alt-righties were just dumb as rocks. Which is pretty typical for them.

I get it now...
My bad...

Absolutely not. I am against Hillary.

I get it now...
My bad...

Absolutely not. I am against Hillary.

I know you are.

You don't want a democrat crook to be in charge.
You want a republican crook to be in charge.

And you complain about corruption...
Well, it is corrupt,
because you are corrupt...

Forum List

Back