Some good news on North Korea

It doesn't sound promising.
Yeah, I can't argue, but any port in a storm....

If the fat kid really does have nukes, the most accurate assumption is probably that he just wants to use them as leverage for goodies and to protect his chubby ass. Regardless, South Korea and Japan would have to be all-in if any significant action is taken.

The question is whether Trump sees that. Yikes.

Well I guess time will prove one of us right. Not only are you wrong about what Trump can do, the Chinese are squirming, not laughing, and the people eating grass aren't the ones we're worried about. It is all the well-paid, well-fed soldiers of his military.

The well fed conscripts of his military are using vintage 1950's weapons.

Look, I know that you have to stay scared to support a bloated military industrial complex, but the reality is, North Korea isn't a threat to anyone but it's own people.
False. They are, indeed , a threat to the people of Seoul.

The well fed conscripts of his military are using vintage 1950's weapons.

Wow, what a disingenuous statement. I can tell you don't even own any arms. First of all, bullets are bullets. They don't keep old bullets around and a given caliber of bullet kills the same no matter when made. Second, they use the AK-47, the most reliable assault rifle EVER made. And most of their bigger weapons are supplied to them by CHINA. And now they have a sub that can disappear and be very difficult to locate. It could be right off our shore right now. And the weapons that worry us most are NOT from the 1950s!

the reality is, North Korea isn't a threat to anyone but it's own people.

My God, you really are a knucklehead. The problem with arguing with liberals is always that most of them have their head so far up their ass, that even when they are a mile off, they still think they are dead-on balls right.

How does this thread look after the idiot's tweets on the subject this morning.

Are our Trombies going to give the fool credit for his superior negotiating skills?

Of course Agent Orange had to go and fudge it up. He can't function in life unless he's involved on some drama or conflict.

False. They are, indeed , a threat to the people of Seoul.

Not really. They could have taken Seoul off the map any time in the last 40 years... They haven't because the consequences would be devastating.
True, but if, at any point, they feel they are going to face those consequences anyway (such as , if a moron gets elected leader of the free world and starts making bombastic threats) , then they could pull the trigger.

And you're "not really" is the result of us maintaining a strong South Korean military and our own strong presence in the region. We would not have to do this, if they were not a threat. Your logic is convoluted to the point of absurdity.

"They are not a threat, because we have them boxed in, precisely because they are a threat."

Last edited:
Wow, what a disingenuous statement. I can tell you don't even own any arms.

actually, i was a supply sergeant in the army for 11 years....

Anything else you want to say that is dumb?

Yes, that a person could be in the Army for 11 years, and still not think that N Korea is a quickly growing threat to Japan, S. Korea, Guam, Hawaii, Continental USA and anyone else who engages them if left unchecked!

OH! OH! But wait! No, JOEB knows more than the combined military forces of the USA, Japan and S. Korea, who all take him as a very serious threat!!! Joe! Why are you wasting your very valuable strategic knowledge here when you ought to consultant to the Pacific Fleet?!!!

:lmao:

U.S. directly communicating with North Korea, seeks dialogue

Cool. Communication is an absolute requirement for progress.

Meanwhile, back on the mainland, all our wingers can do is attack each other.
Will talking with them convince them to get rid of their nukes and future nuclear ambitions. If the answer is no, are talks really that good?

Talks are to test what his objective is. America can then say "we tried", before any potential military action.

Also, Kim's very existence is at risk, China could be persuaded I'm sure to replace this tinpot dictator with another of Chinas choice, as long as they realize that his replacement must be peaceful and abandon nuclear ambitions.
Any attempt to replace Kim would make Kim devastate Seoul with artillery. If we are hoping for China to do anything, we may as well just do it ourselves.

As crazy as it sounds, i feel like a first nuclear strike is almost the only solution. Can we do that without irradiating the entire region? Probably not. It would effect every country around them. Maybe we could build thousands of MOABs and annihilate them that way? There wouldnt be nuclear fallout, but i dont know how realistic that idea is.

It is not realistic. Good call!

True, but if, at any point, they feel they are going to face those consequences anyway (such as , if a moron gets elected leader of the free world and starts making bombastic threats) , then they could pull the trigger.

And you're "not really" is the result of us maintaining a strong South Korean military and our own strong presence in the region. We would not have to do this, if they were not a threat. Your logic is convoluted to the point of absurdity.

"They are not a threat, because we have them boxed in, precisely because they are a threat."

No, we box them in because we have to rationalize a huge, bloated Military Industrial Complex that just needs to have an enemy.

Yes, that a person could be in the Army for 11 years, and still not think that N Korea is a quickly growing threat to Japan, S. Korea, Guam, Hawaii, Continental USA and anyone else who engages them if left unchecked!

OH! OH! But wait! No, JOEB knows more than the combined military forces of the USA, Japan and S. Korea, who all take him as a very serious threat!!! Joe! Why are you wasting your very valuable strategic knowledge here when you ought to consultant to the Pacific Fleet?!!!

No, guy, what I remember about my service was they told us what a big threat the USSR was all the way up until the day the Berlin Wall fell. then they looked a bit silly.

Trying to make a country that is so poor that their people eat fucking grass into a threat is laughable.

Trying to make a country that is so poor that their people eat fucking grass into a threat is laughable.

They don't look too poor to me! Do you see any poor, unfed or suffering people here?

kim-jong-un-and-flowers.jpg

0F50F63400000578-0-image-a-1_1467368202167.jpg

5777e04fab3b9_Kim3.jpg

3403460000000578-3583507-image-a-62_1462908691641.jpg

Kim-Jong-Un.jpg

north_korean_pop_rect.jpg

nkorea.jpg

If there are any Norks not wanted by their government, you know, like the people who live in slums here while others live in mansions, I would suggest they try planting common seeds from vegetables and grains. They are a lot more palatable than grass. Otherwise, they can go right over the border into China.

They don't look too poor to me! Do you see any poor, unfed or suffering people here?

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Generation of North Koreans ‘stunted and malnourished’

MILLIONS OF NORTH Korean children are not getting the food, medicine or health care they need to develop physically or mentally, leaving an entire generation stunted and malnourished, the United Nations said today.

Nearly a third of North Korean children under age 5 show signs of stunting, particularly in rural areas where food is scarce, and scores are dying from diarrhea due to a lack of access to clean water, sanitation and electricity, the agency said.

Hospitals are spotless but bare; few have running water or power, and drugs and medicine are in short supply, the agency said in a detailed update on the humanitarian situation in North Korea.

People in the capital, Pyongyang, live in relative comfort, but the situation in the rest of the country is more dire. About 16 million North Koreans — two-thirds of the country — rely on twice-a-month government rations, the report said. And there are no signs the government will undertake the long-term structural reforms needed to spur economic growth, it said.

North Korea does not produce enough food to feed its 24 million people, and relies on limited purchases of food as well as outside donations to make up the shortfall.

This is what you are shitting your pants over?

No, guy, what I remember about my service was they told us what a big threat the USSR was all the way up until the day the Berlin Wall fell. then they looked a bit silly.

No, we box them in because we have to rationalize a huge, bloated Military Industrial Complex that just needs to have an enemy.
In my rational explanation, I admit, I did not account for your measure of crazy.

In my rational explanation, I admit, I did not account for your measure of crazy.

Naw, man, Crazy is spending 400 Million dollars on a plane that can't fly in the rain while cutting school lunches for poor kids.

That's what's crazy.

We spend more than the next ten countries combined on the military and 8 of those countries are allied.

But they'll have you believe that some impoverished country where the people are malnourished and their technology is 50 years behind ours is a threat.

The good thing about a war with NK is that we could bomb the fuck out of the entire country and there would be ZERO civilian casualties, since everyone is in the military.

Forum List

Back