"Some girls, they rape so easy."

Now we know why some libertarians want the age of consent lowered.

Guys, if she is 14, she can't legally say "yes".

It's cases and comments like these that make me understand why some people would rather prohibit any sex outside of marriage, period, so it's clearly in writing when people have legally consented. And you wouldn't have this risk of conflict over whether people truly consented or whether its harassment, abuse or rape etc. That way, at least you'd narrow it down to conflicts over marital rape vs. consensual sex between married partners.

I can almost see how that would seem easier than all this other mess!

Wisconsin politician's comments on the rape of a 14-year-old girl at her school.

Wisconsin: Prosecutor says 'rape easy' case that lawmaker discussed wasn't consensual - TwinCities.com

A number of prominent Republicans, including vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan, Gov. Scott Walker and U.S. Sen. Ron Johnson, rescinded their endorsements of Rivard after his comments. Rivard also has lost the support of the Republican Assembly Campaign Committee, the main campaign operation for Assembly Republicans. However, he continues to enjoy support from local Republicans, as well as Wisconsin Right to Life, Pro-Life Wisconsin, the Wisconsin Restaurant Association and the National Federation of Independent Businesses-Wisconsin.

Kudos to Ryan and Walker for disavowing this douchetool, but it's interesting how Wisconsin Right to Life and Pro-Life Wisconsin are still supporting him.

So you want us to be like Islamic countries and arrest people who have sex before marriage?

What's interesting to me is that I can actually see a mullah in some middle eastern shithole making the same kind of statement (i.e., the girl in question is at fault somehow).

I dont think the context matters much here. It's an idiot statement to quote or make.

Exactly.

As a politician, he could not have picked a worse thing to say.. NOT an intelligent move.

Well, almost, but yeah..

And I appreciate the fact that Ryan and others promptly booted his ass to the curb. I do find it interesting that the right to life organizations haven't, though. Apparently, they believe he's accurate about all of those slutty 14-year-old girls who want to be raped.

Let's see....maybe the Repub mantra should be

Woment should be catagorized as "easy rape" or "Legitimate rape"

If you are a woman and you vote for Willard....I feel sorry for you.

Historically, cries of "rape" have been the subject of much doubt in the minds of lots of men (and maybe a fair percentage of women, too).

Some big wig jurist from olde England (Lord Hale) is noted for saying that an allegation of rape is an easy thing to make but quite difficult to prove and difficult to defend against even if the accused is quite innocent. "[R]ape...is an accusation easily to be made and hard to be proved, and harder to be defended by the party accused, tho never so innocent."

The suspicion (more sexist than it should be, of course, but not entirely based on sexism) about the woman who cries out gets repeated all the time -- often by the guys accused even if they are as guilty as hell.

What the idiot in WI said is probably just another version of that long-held biased view.

o bullmal

? What is it that you find doubtful?

You think that that witless schmuck in WI said what he said while NOT harboring suspicions about cries of rape?

Women voting for the Republicans this time around are either not paying attention or have a little self-hate going on, like Phyllis Schafley, IMO.

Unfortunate turn of phrase but the sentiment is correct....young girls are ambiguous about *consent* because they aren't old enough or experienced enough to say *no* definitively, though they may not want to have sex.

you can't consent at that age... :rolleyes:

You can't give consent to an adult.

But what if two minors (say 14 to 16 years old) who are both ineligible to give "consent" nevertheless make the remarkable decision to have sex with each other? Has each party become a felon given the legal incapacity of the other to consent?

Women voting for the Republicans this time around are either not paying attention or have a little self-hate going on, like Phyllis Schafley, IMO.

Such blatant partisan hack dishonesty from Bodey. I'm shocked.

Oh wait. This is one of the days of the week that ends in the word "-day." So, ok. I'm not shocked.

Wow. A comment from an interview in December, he quotes a statement his father made to him as a cautionary note, but that's just "typical white behavior" I guess

"When a Chetek Alert reporter asked state Rep. Roger Rivard in December to comment on the case in which a 14-year-old girl accused a 17-year-old boy of sexually assaulting her, the Rice Lake lawmaker said his father told him: "Some girls, they rape so easy." Rivard said last week the comment was his father's way of warning him that a woman could agree to sex but then later claim the act wasn't consensual."

14 year old girls rape easiest of all because it's ALL rape. Even if the girl takes your pants off herself it's still rape.

Of course, if a 14 year year old girl tried to take my pants off her I'd throw her ass out of the room. No excuse for a grown man to even put himself in a situation like that with a minor.

I find this thought to be a little over the top. If the girl is a freshman in high school and the boy is a junior or senior how can you possible call the boy a “grown man”?

Such blatant partisan hack dishonesty from Bodey. I'm shocked.

Oh wait. This is one of the days of the week that ends in the word "-day." So, ok. I'm not shocked.

I DID say IMO...and now you've give yours....about women's thoughts. :eusa_whistle:

14 year old girls rape easiest of all because it's ALL rape. Even if the girl takes your pants off herself it's still rape.

Of course, if a 14 year year old girl tried to take my pants off her I'd throw her ass out of the room. No excuse for a grown man to even put himself in a situation like that with a minor.

I find this thought to be a little over the top. If the girl is a freshman in high school and the boy is a junior or senior how can you possible call the boy a “grown man”?

Actually, in many states, a 14-year-old can't consent to sex with a 16-year-old. In Florida, it's considered "lewd and lascivious conduct with a minor." 16 is the age of consent for sex here.

And, there's a big difference between a 14-year-old girl and an 18-year-old boy. If you doubt this, I doubt you've spent much time with adolescents.

So, the GOP has become the prorape party. Nothing new. The use of a prorape agenda has been a tool for thousands of years.

A junior boy in HS is not in the same category as an adult male.

The latter goes to jail for a long, long time if he does it witha 14 year old.

Forum List

Back