Some Down A Few To Go

So you want to support those that gave the big bonuses to the crooks.

As long as the government doesnt miss your check, right?

So you think I don't deserve my social security I first paid into social security in 1950 when I was a sophomore in high school:

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T, SPS and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

The only people I see who are trying to take my social security away from me are goddamned Republicans.

What eveidence do you have that Republicans are trying to take away your social security?

Either put up of shut up!!

He's whining about someone farting when he's wearing a underwear full of shit.

In other word, you can't deny that the GOP is being stupid about social security, medicare, and medicaid. Sorry, kids, but you will go on paying your taxes to it for the welfare of everybody. That will never change.

So you think I don't deserve my social security I first paid into social security in 1950 when I was a sophomore in high school:

Began as paper boy in 1944...I was nine years old. Pay $3.60 per week

Began to mow lawns in 1946. I was eleven years old. Averaged $20 per week during summers

Continued both papers and mowing and began to buy my own clothes when I was fourteen
went in debt for my first car before I was able to legally drive it

Began working at a full service garage when I was barely sixteen

Worked 40 hrs junior and senior year HS and 60 hours during summers...$0.60 per hour

Hired at a Uranium processing plant in 1952...rotating shift...Pay $1.71 per hour

Worked five years and was drafted into the army infantry Pay...$73 per month

Returned in 1959 and continued my job as process operator pay $3.10 per hour
The company gave me seniority credit for the time I was in the army, continued in national guards

I play keyboards and piano so I was drawing checks from three places when my kids were young. My regular job, the national guards and playing when I could with small bands and combos. Discharged from guards in 1964 as a tank commander on an M-48 Medium Patton Tank

Was laid off because of seniority in February 1961 but relocated to the data processing center where they were installing a new $2.5 million main frame computer. Continued to work rotating shift work. Took a $200 a month cut...about 30%.

Worked about 18 months, learned to program in C T, SPS and Fortran 1 and made shift supervisor. With overtime about $700 a month.

In 1968 was set up to computer operations supervisor over three shifts and 40 employees. Pay...approximately $800 a month but worked straight days and no overtime

Our center had $66 million of computing and telecommunications equipment installed on 18,000 sq. ft. of floating floor. Our power bill to TVA was over half a million dollars per year and the center required over 400 tons of refrigeration. We installed Oak Ridge's first super computer...the Cray XMP 2/4. We later upgraded to a 4.

25 years later I retired after 41 years with the same company. Good pension and at age 62 began to draw social security...about $48,000 per year total. My wife has a similar career path and between the two of us and her part time job we make about $75,000 per year.

We both have a high school education but I did complete an electronics school which lasted about two and a half years in the mid 1960's.

We have a 4br brick rancher with 220ft. lake frontage. I have a dock, well pump in the lake with six well spaced outlets for irrigation. I have a pontoon boat with a 115hp Evinrude engine and we hit the lake every once in a while for a little fishing etc.

The only people I see who are trying to take my social security away from me are goddamned Republicans.

What eveidence do you have that Republicans are trying to take away your social security?

Screw all you selfish bible thumping assholes. You thump your bibles, claim to be the moral majority while over 900,000,000 on this planet are starving or suffering from malnutrition. What about that bible bullshit which tells you to sell what you have and give it to the poor

What about that Jesus stuff which says a rich man has as much chance of getting into heaven as a camel does to pass through the eye of a needle

What it boils down to is that you people don't believe that bullshit any more than I do.

You folks are the best example of hypocrisy which there has ever been...in the history of the world.

Last edited:

Screw all you selfish bible thumping assholes. You thump your bibles, claim to be the moral majority while over 900,000,000 are starving or suffering from malnutrition. What about that bible bullshit which tells you to seel what you have and give it to the poor

What about that Jesus stuff which says a rich man has as much chance of getting into heaven as a camel does to pass through the eye of a needle

You people are the best example of hypocrisy which there has ever been...in the history of the world.

Your concession is duly noted.

Lonestar_logic has just admitted he has nothing to offer to the facts and concedes to the more informed in this thread.

Lonestar_logic has just admitted he has nothing to offer to the facts and concedes to the more informed in this thread.

Jake the fake is a blowhard....

WHEN DO YOU GROW A PAIR AND POST THOSE LINKS PROMISED WEEKS AGO WORM?

I asked for evidence and you view that as me admitting I have nothing?

:cuckoo:

You gave your uninformed opinion. You would not recognize a fact even if it bit your toe. Move along. Nothing here for you.

Hey stupid I asked him/her to prove his/her claim. I did not give him/her my opinion.

You liberals keep proving me right time after time, you're a bunch of idiots.

You gave your uninformed opinion. You would not recognize a fact even if it bit your toe. Move along. Nothing here for you.

Hey stupid I asked him/her to prove his/her claim. I did not give him/her my opinion.

Jake will be the first person to complain about someone farting, while he's wearing a underwear full of shit.:lol:

Jake will be the first person to complain about someone farting, while he's wearing a underwear full of shit.:lol:

Would that be like a diaper

Lonestar, you were pwnd. Just admit it and move on, lonely one.

There's no way in hell that Perry, Cain, Bachman, Paul or GEWT NINGRICH is about to win the Republican nomination for president of the United States...No Way

wow....if you are so unhappy with Obama, maybe you should start a thread about a democrat running againt Obama.

Instead, you are doing your best to eliminate all from the GOP side.

Lonestar, you were pwnd. Just admit it and move on, lonely one.

Jake the fake of pawnage claims go figure why he must try to convince himself when he can't convince other.

Forum List

Back