Some days ya just can't win.

I've got an old Chevy truck. I love my old chevy truck. I could by a new or newer truck but I don't like the new trucks.

Anywho, she's got 340,000 miles plus so something always needs fixing. Last winter I redid the whole top end, heads, cam, the works. At some point this spring the blower motor went out. Not a big deal, just parked it and drove one of the others until I have time to mess with it. It's really just a half hour job or so, and I finally got around to it this evening. While changing the motor I notice the resistor looks half melted so I change it. Then I discover that i only have 2 of 4 fan speeds. Track that back to the switch and change it. Three hours later I've finally got it all done only to discover that during the top end rebuild I must have kinked the high pressure ac line hard enough to crack the 20 year old rubber. So I still don't have air.

Arrrgh.

It’s time. Besides, you will love the techno creature features.

2018 SILVERADO 1500 CREW CAB LT ALL STAR 4WD

2018-chevrolet-silverado-1500-selldown-blue1.png

For well-qualified buyers

0% APR for 72Months†

OR

For current GM Owners
$6,500 Total Cash Allowance
$3,000 Price Reduction Below MSRP
+ $750 Option Package Discount
$10,250 Total Value
when you finance with GM Financial†

Is that a truck, or an electric shaver?

Did you drink its piss
Never have. ... :cool:

Did you find it refreshing when you drank it?
Foxfyre must be away. This is not the kind of conversation folks have in the Coffee Shop. Just so ya know.

ummmmm……...this isn't the coffee shop......just so ya know :thup:
OMG. Sorry.

No you're not...….but whateverrrrrrrr
Tell me again how I'm feeling; it's so much easier than actually figuring it out for myself.

My very first car was an old green Chevy and it was constantly needing something but it absolutely refused to die. I loved that car; good thing I had friends who were mechanics. Chevys are tough old vehicles.

I've got an old Chevy truck. I love my old chevy truck. I could by a new or newer truck but I don't like the new trucks.

Anywho, she's got 340,000 miles plus so something always needs fixing. Last winter I redid the whole top end, heads, cam, the works. At some point this spring the blower motor went out. Not a big deal, just parked it and drove one of the others until I have time to mess with it. It's really just a half hour job or so, and I finally got around to it this evening. While changing the motor I notice the resistor looks half melted so I change it. Then I discover that i only have 2 of 4 fan speeds. Track that back to the switch and change it. Three hours later I've finally got it all done only to discover that during the top end rebuild I must have kinked the high pressure ac line hard enough to crack the 20 year old rubber. So I still don't have air.

Arrrgh.

Chin up. There's a lot to be said for someone who can work on their own stuff. I have an old ford pickup that I wouldn't trade for anything new. Jeeps too. Anything you can work on and keep pristine without too much electrical nonsense will be a keeper within the next 10 years.

Forum List

Back