Some crazy SOB mowing his lawn at 6am on a Sunday

Is it legal to make so much noise at that hour?
It is bewildering that so much sound pollution is permitted, things like small plane engines and motorcycles, for example. One day, like smoking in public places, this will change.
I feel sorry for you

Crazy Canadians. I woke up at 5:30, I am betting those who didn't plan to be awake at 6am don't love this guy hah.

Crazy? You have not seen crazy.

And yes, this man lives in Canada as well. Something in the water I think.

HT-Mowing-Lawn-Tornado-MEM-170605_4x3_992.jpg

Isn’t it already winter in Canada? Why bother?

Crazy Canadians. I woke up at 5:30, I am betting those who didn't plan to be awake at 6am don't love this guy hah.

We don't have this. What we DO have is a retired neighbor who will blow a half inch of powdery snow off his deck with a leaf blower--that's right--at 5:30 in the morning, supposedly so his dog can tinkle. Every. time. it snows half an inch. Which here, can be every other day Nov-April. The lawnmower is bad, but I'd take that over Mr. Leafblower Snow Guy.
I don’t mind a leaf blower if you just get it over with. A half inch of snow can be cleared with a shovel or broom much quicker

Those who feel the need to blow for 45 minutes (other than autumn leaves) deserve a special place in Hell

I has a sad. :(

Ye Olde Mower may have spun for the last time. I may get 'er going again, but not today. The throttle cable housing disintegrated. I had that rigged with a bolt and vise grips, but, then the pull cord snapped. I'm not dealing with that right now.

I might have some pull cord string or can rob an old blower or something for it. I think it's time to get a new-to-me mower.

I am not going down to the Home Depot and getting a brand-new Chinese ass mower. Nope.
I gotta wait til tomorrow and go to the mower man. I want something old and American-made. Preferably just post-crank-mower era. That's when they were good. Anything after mid-80s and the carburetors suck ass.

I might can revive mah old girl, we'll see. She sure has treated me right. I got no complaints. That thing's 30 years old if it's a day. It's like running a vacuum cleaner in the yard. I got the blades sharp. Oy, I like mah baby.
I hated those crank mowers

hqdefault.jpg

I laugh every single time I see this picture. Note too the yard doesn't look very big but GOSH DARN IT. When dad's gotta mow he's gotta mow

My kids would call this "classic dad move" probably on steriods

Is it legal to make so much noise at that hour?
It is bewildering that so much sound pollution is permitted, things like small plane engines and motorcycles, for example. One day, like smoking in public places, this will change.
Right!

People talking...babies crying...mothers weeping. I mean, where will it end?

We don't have this. What we DO have is a retired neighbor who will blow a half inch of powdery snow off his deck with a leaf blower--that's right--at 5:30 in the morning, supposedly so his dog can tinkle. Every. time. it snows half an inch. Which here, can be every other day Nov-April. The lawnmower is bad, but I'd take that over Mr. Leafblower Snow Guy.

If I thought I could get away with it, I would do it.

I have a stupid battery operated one because I didn't want gas sitting in the shed. So, I mow until the battery dies and recharge and mow again. As it is, I wait until 8:00 am-ish.

You should buy one of thoae robotic lawn mowers ..they go back and charge themselves.not that expensive and they work great for small lawns

That is so awesome!!!!

Oh screw that! $50-100 and I got a new mower.

I don't mind mowing the grass. Mad I can't do it right now.

I laugh every single time I see this picture. Note too the yard doesn't look very big but GOSH DARN IT. When dad's gotta mow he's gotta mow

My kids would call this "classic dad move" probably on steriods
Gotta get the lawn cut before the game starts

If I thought I could get away with it, I would do it.

I have a stupid battery operated one because I didn't want gas sitting in the shed. So, I mow until the battery dies and recharge and mow again. As it is, I wait until 8:00 am-ish.

You should buy one of thoae robotic lawn mowers ..they go back and charge themselves.not that expensive and they work great for small lawns

That is so awesome!!!!

Oh screw that! $50-100 and I got a new mower.

I don't mind mowing the grass. Mad I can't do it right now.

I am almost there. I don't mind mowing the lawn. I think this is the last year that I use the one I have now. I just live in an area with lots of meth heads and a pecan tree. They take the pecans and sell them. I had a push mower and that was stolen. I got my first battery one and that was stolen. I got a smaller battery one and that is what I use now. I live on a corner lot and the shed is next to the pecan tree.

My coworker used to do it at 3 am on his days off

We worked third shift 5 days a week, I would switch on the weekends (sleep a little sat morning wake up around 11 am and go to sleep around 11 pm) he would keep his same sleeping schedule.

/—-/ He was either clueless, inconsiderate, passive aggressive or any combination of the three.

Try not mowing your lawn for a few months and see how the neighbours feel.
Comedian Jeff Foxworthy once said that a good way to not have to worry about anyone breaking into your home is to let the grass grow tall so that people do not know that there is a house behind it. :D :D :D

God bless you and him always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back