Some Conservative electronic voting machine demands

The claim that a republican congress FORCED Everyone to change to specific types of machines is also a repugnant lie espoused by people like Truthmatters.

Here is a reminder of what the BILL actually did and its results...

After the 2000 election debacle, Congress gave the states large grants to replace faulty voting machines, including the kind that produced hanging chads. But in too many cases, states and localities rushed to buy electronic voting machines that do not produce paper records. Voters have to trust the numbers they spit out on election night, but the numbers cannot be independently verified, and that is unacceptable.

Link, http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/16/opinion/16wed1.html?ex=1186372800&en=2b81219911a2c6cd&ei=5070

California is another hot bed of Republican conservative control as well...

SPENCER MICHELS: In Alameda County encoders that format the electronic ballot for each voter failed so even supporters of electronic voting, like elections official Elaine Ginnold admit to the rush to buy new machines after the 2000 election caused problems.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/science/jan-june04/voting_05-05.html

Heres your problem!

I never said the Rs Forced the machines I said it was them calling for the machies.

I did that to show that the statement "The dems screamed for the electronic voting machines" was incorrect.

The Dems screamed to have all the votes counted ,the R party screamed to NOT go back and recount the vote for obvious reasons.

So that leaves you with the Archer interview in the news of your first post.

Archer is not a representative of the Dem party is he?

Hes just some guy who may be a professor but is now very embarassed of that interview I bet.

The R who campioned the Voter law which is greatly responsible for the majority of electronic voting machine systems which will now have to be scrapped because they are untrustable was an Republican congressman Bob Ney who is now in jail for corruption.

That is a Fact!

Heres your problem!

I never said the Rs Forced the machines I said it was them calling for the machies.

I did that to show that the statement "The dems screamed for the electronic voting machines" was incorrect.

The Dems screamed to have all the votes counted ,the R party screamed to NOT go back and recount the vote for obvious reasons.

Hes just some guy who may be a professor but is now very embarassed of that interview I bet.

The R who campioned the Voter law which is greatly responsible for the majority of electronic voting machine systems which will now have to be scrapped because they are untrustable was an Republican congressman Bob Ney who is now in jail for corruption.

That is a Fact!

You wouldn't know facts from fiction with a score card to keep you straight. YOU claimed the republicans foisted on us the current systems when in fact they did NO such thing The press and the States demanded action after the 2000 election, INCLUDING Liberal run States, politicians and officials and Liberal run news organizations.

Congress bowed to pressure and passed a bill allowing money for NEW technology, NO where in the bill does it A) require a State to use the money and change anything, B)Require the State to buy any specific machine or from any specific company.

Your claims are simply horse shit. Your partisan crap is transparent.

I will require Proof of all those statements.

You see I provided you with some undeniable proof of what I submitted.

The bill which is responsible for millions of dollars being given to each state to distribute amoung its districts to buy the electronic machines was sponsored by an Ohio Republican who is now in prison for corruption.

At the time he sponsered this bill the only Cos who made these machines were right wing repbulican companies.
Two owners were Brothers.
One of those brothers Promised Bush the presidency in writing.

Now how could this guy promise Bush the election?

What did he mean?

anyone know how punch cards are counted?

There are machines which count these which can be manipulated too

With proper inspection and oversite I believe they can be trusted enough to use.

The main reason they are acceptable is you have the copy of the voters intent which can be hand counted if needed.

There are machines which count these which can be manipulated too

With proper inspection and oversite I believe they can be trusted enough to use.

The main reason they are acceptable is you have the copy of the voters intent which can be hand counted if needed.

so electronic voting with a paper record would be acceptable....

Heres your problem!

That is a Fact!

except the voted was recounted and you still lost.....twice....

you act the republicans built the machines ......

i have yet to meet a republican hacker.....not sure what you are worried about.....

No the vote was NOT recounted , that was what the whole case in the SCOTOS was about.

they determined counting the vote would harm Bush.

I kid you not its in the decision.

No the vote was NOT recounted , that was what the whole case in the SCOTOS was about.

they determined counting the vote would harm Bush.

I kid you not its in the decision.

Your ignorance is astounding. There were two TWO recounts. One mandated by law, the other requested for specific counties by Gore. He lost on both. He then requested a hand recount which was stopped because of deadlines built into FLORIDA law His challange to said law was turned down by the court, and then the Florida Supreme Court ( with 7 democrats on it) overturned the ruling. What a surprise there.

I suggest before you make claims that are patently false you educate yourself.

Forum List

Back